The online racing simulator
#1 - ekze
Time discussion
Hello!

I would like to say my 2 cents about time selected for the race.
I hope that you know that Russia is very big country and its located in many various timezones.
And I can say that time 21UTC is very late even for western Russia (Moscow, St. Petersburg, etc), it would be 00:00 at winter time and 01:00 with daylight savings. But its critical for central Russia! For example, in Tomsk it would be 03:00.

I want to say that making races just one hour earlier would make it MUCH more easier especially for russians and the whole eastern europe to race.
Another variant is to make races at the day/morning... 8-12UTC would be much better, i think... So for 12UTC it would be 15:00 in Moscow and 18:00 in Tomsk...

What do you think?
This is 6am I think for Australlia, so making it earlier would make it worse for those countries, one of the hardest things to get right is the time zones, so it aint gunna be easy.
Yea, as Bawbag says, until last night it was all but confirmed as being 20UTC, however with 21UTC it becomes Midnight till 2am which IMO isnt too bad for a Saturday night, compared to the Aussies being asked to get up at 6am to race.

Its all part of a big compromise for the start/finish time, if you move the start time forward/backward an hour or 2, then either Australia or Eastern Europe are heavily inconvenienced (to completely unpractical times), if you change it by 10-14hrs it means the Americas are in the early AM's (2-8am) and its still not great for Aus/E.EU.
its a tough one

I know 8-12UTC for Australia would suit us perfectly
but that makes it early morning for Americans, you cant win either way
#5 - ekze
Well.... At the first time you were thinking about changing times from event to event... I think that it was a great idea... Why not to use it?
That's actually a brilliant idea, it is a league for the differn't countrys so why not split every country up into groups to which their time zones are similar and allocate differn't rounds to their preffered time zone. Obviously it would still have to be as good a mix as possible but it would also mean that every country at one point or another will have to race at an off time.

+1 from here.
baggy u n00b, he's not even suggesting that
Ekze is talking about arrows suggestion of racing at 10/20UTC for alternative rounds, so Rnd 1/3/5/7 would be at one time, 2/4/6/8 would be another.

As for regional races, its a possibility for the future (already have a possible structure which would suit this) but that doesnt fit in with the intentions of the series as Arrow outlined them initially, though its possibly something to discuss for future seasons, depending on how this method goes, but certainly not something we'd expect to discuss anytime soon.

Ekze:
Theres basically 3 quarters of the globe covered, the start/end is Australia & Eastern Europe, the middle would be the America's, and as ive already explained in the post above, if you do what your suggesting, it means the USA races at say 4pm and 4am, whereas with fixed time starts its always 4pm which is managable. If you move the start time a small amount, either Aus or E.EU gets the short end of the stick, if you move it a large amount then the US & co are racing at an unacceptable time, and that would mean they'd only sensibly be able to attend half the rounds, which isnt good for them or the series. Also, if you alternate it, it creates confusion as to what time the start is this time round.
The groups were done in NC and it worked. And i think it's easier to get up an hour earlier than to stay up late. I'd prefer that even though it's mroe of a handicap. It's 22:00 for us slovenians ATM and some of us don't like it, prevous time setting was almost perfect.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG