The online racing simulator

Poll : What cars would you like to see in a league?

Closed since :
XFG / XRG
LX4
LX6
TBO
FBM
XFG
XRG
XRT
RB4
UF1
FOX
XFR
FO8
FXO
GTR
UFR
BF1
FZR
FXR
XRR
Quote from Bob Smith :Why not do a "mystery league", where the car is chosen from random (but from the cars in this poll with the weightings matching the poll results), then you can pick a suitable track to match the car. Don't pick the next combo until the previous race is over.

Just an idea.

I floated that very idea a while back, twice, and got next to no response
#27 - bozo
Quote from tongey :Choose the combo 1 hour before the race with the admin sending out the setup to everyone at the start of the qualifying session

That would favour the more experienced drivers who tend to be very familiar with most tracks, and therefore don't need much preparation time ... as witnessed with Dan winning on Tuesday despite not having driven the combo until 30 mins before the start of qualifying.

I like the fixed setup idea. I like the mystery combo idea. I'm completely easy as to which car(s) is/are chosen.

As a twist to the fixed setup, you could have 2 setups. The best setup for the tier 2 drivers, and a 'special' setup for the top drivers. I'm sure the legendary expertise of Sir Bob Smith could be put to some good use creating some decidedly dodgy setups. Mind you, the complexity of making sure everyone has the right setup wouldn't be so good, so I don't think this'll be a runner.
FBM,XFR or UFR
Quote from bozo :....Mind you, the complexity of making sure everyone has the right setup wouldn't be so good, so I don't think this'll be a runner.

Yeah, this is true,

although, surely it is possible to do an insim app to check if all drivers are using "Race 1 Set", for example as their setup?
#30 - bozo
Quote from bozo :As a twist to the fixed setup, you could have 2 setups ... Mind you, the complexity of making sure everyone has the right setup wouldn't be so good, so I don't think this'll be a runner.

I was referring to multiple setups, not just the 1 fixed setup.

An alternative way to check the setups people are using would to do random scrutineering, like dope testing. After qualifying and the race, before anybody pits, a small percentage of drivers would be asked to send their setup to a scrutineer, who could check each setup after the event. Anybody caught cheating would be punished severely, like a 2 year ban and lifetime ban from the Olympics ... oh, just remembered, that doesn't deter some cheats!
#31 - Vain
Scrutineering setups isn't very difficult.
Before the race the steward that will check the setups removes all his setups from his setupfolder (and backs them up somewhere else of course). After the quali and race each he asks *every* member to send him his setup. He then saves each of them under the name of the driver who sent it.
After the event he has e.g. 40 setups in his LFS-folder if 20 drivers participated. Then he simply uses a program that calculates the md5-checksum of all files in the setup-folder. If the md5 checksums are identical the files are identical and thus the setups are too. The process takes 2 minutes after quali and race each and about 20 seconds after the event.

By the way I like fixed-setups to some extend. Especially in low-powered cars it's very cool because the gearbox seldomly fits the track and thus drafting is incredibly effective on tracks with long straights.

Didn't I post the concept of a fixed setup LX4-series in the ART-forum?

Vain
Yes, Vain, you did.
-
(speedway) DELETED by speedway
Quote from danowat :The reason I left the FZ5 & RAC out is because "we" will be running another season of the RSSC in a few months, so it didnt make sence to run 2 leagues with the same cars.

It's good to see the LX6 getting a lot of love

it will be great if in rssc we could have lx6.
i see people are getting bored of the combos , so why not edit them a bit like have aston gp and make little routes with barriers , so it changes it a bit .
This has gone quiet , so ill bump it id like to see AR get some leagues running , so why not have a different car selection for each combo , or make it the everycar league , start with UF1 , then finish with Bf1 example , uf 1 @ fe club 20 laps , xfg @ so 6 , xrg @ as 1 , lx4 @ fe Club , ... bigger car bigger track + laps .
Actually this last idea is brilliant

Just pls don't make combos with car classes like xfg/xrg - one car at a time
That would be sweet.
-
(jwardy) DELETED by jwardy
Any open wheel

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG