The online racing simulator
Neo, your signature links don't work...
I think the ballast added to the FZR was quite optimal, as this car really is more rewarding by good driving. If you check the other XRR times, you'll see that such a good driver as jonesy_ didn't have a single 38 during this whole race, pointing rather at a good performance by ray than unballanced classes

We'll see how this really works out on the following moe races though, but for now it looks good to me : )
Quote from Neokiller :Right FZR drivers push to one side and XRR drivers to the other side... ... we did our 24h honest and fair, we did our best, we had a lot fun and thats what matters to me, if you want to add more 30kg to the FZR we don´t care... and btw cograts to n!Faculty crazy driving there you guys really deserved it

I was talking to someone about this earlier, and I don't quite think it should be a sided thing, as the tables will change (I think anyway) at Koyota National, I think the FZR will either have it's ballast removed or the XRR may even need ballast, only then will the XRR and FZR teams will have experienced the grass on the other side. Which I think would be a great thing to settle stuff, as their has been quite alot of moaning and bitching about the balancing, I know none of it has lasted but tbh, it's what's needed to have things peacefull again.

Quote from Andreas Grauel :Mercury would have won easy by at least one lap ahead without the disco and that is balanced? :-/

You're making a habit of posting useless and unproven statements lately, aren't you?
Quote from Rooble :You're making a habit of posting useless and unproven statements lately, aren't you?

Nothing new from and1

I have to recall my "calls" for unbalanced etc. This race just showed the downsides: Engine damage brakes the FZR, XRR gets stuck in the sand. So the sandpit showed the problem of the XRR. It might have been fast, but that slowed them down a lot. So far I would say: Nothing is proven, as also there is the problem with the disconnects giving new engines (intentional or not) etc. etc.

So we should stop the discussion about the balancing now, enjoy the next races and find a solution for the more important problems.
Quote from Andreas Grauel :Mercury would have won easy by at least one lap ahead without the disco and that is balanced? :-/

I think a little bit of research is needed before your posts, you know we had 3 time outs, 1 disconnect and 1 shift P, so for us to have won we'd have needed alot more than "the disco" being removed for us to have been in a position to win.

Anyhow, for once I highly agree with Vykos, it seems that some of the exitement and fun has been taken from the series with all of this, so I think it's time to get back to the fun stuff.
Andreas, you also have to remember that Mercury did a little more than 80% of their race driving with only 2 very experienced XRR drivers. Many other FZR teams with their fastest drivers that were rougly on the same pace as Mercury's XRR were all then more capable to keep up and pass them... yet those teams often switched to other drivers that were a little slower.

Personally I think balancing looks OK in light of thinking how BLGP and KYN will be as the last two races where the FZR is a dominant car on BLGP as always, and we'll have to see how those races unfold.

There were plenty of FZR teams that conserved their car and did not damage their engine and still had a good result with fast times and finishing position.
Hahahaha!

Once again Andreas, go do some research, after 6 hours I joined the track and I was 11 seconds or so beheind Nfaculty, also about half of that behind Low and about 2-3 seconds behind First.

I think in those two stints I clawed back the differnce to n! to about 5 seconds ahead, so please please PLEASE read my advice and do some RESEARCH before you post.

Just so you guys know we haven't forgotten about the results yet: We are still working on getting the known issues handled in a fair manner so that we can post final results. So far we haven't stopped discussing internally yet.
Any news?
Coming soon!
Small progress update:

Out of the teams who have been sent an email concerning our investigation, we have only had a few teams responding in their defense.

The next step will be focused on obtaining as much evidence on (currently) the 9 suspicious looking cases. Please take into account that obtaining this evidence is time consuming and will require some time to process.
Are there any news?
Would be nice to see the 24 h results before the next MoE Race.
That is our goal.
Well theres a new version of MPR Edit out which afaik fixed the bug with the driverchanges.
Unfortunately, it still attempts to load the entire replay into memory, which causes a crash with very large replays (like the 500mb 23hr replay) unless you have very large amounts of RAM. Appie has 3gb, so when he gets back home he can try to use it, but it crashes for me (1gb).
FYI, we've finished our investigations.
We're determining possible penalties at this moment and expect to deliver the final results and updated standings within 2 days.
Provisional results & points posted in OP.
Results & points are now official.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG