The online racing simulator
I have realized for the most part this is very addictive. But it will probably become more addictive when I add some very small twists and stuff that I have planned. Which are going to be great.
We had about 15 people online just now. Was good fun until server went rather odd - cancelling races for no reason (it appears) and being very sluggish with betting.

It also bugged when a guest connected while the race was restarting.

Apart from that ot was great fun!
I joined the server for the first time today and loved it although it was relly laggy. But that's why it's still tested, I guess.
Yes I tried fixing the bug where it fails to restart when someone joins during that time. I don't know why its not working now : ( I am very glad to hear 15 people where on today. And I don't know why it would be laggy for some of you and not others. The System is running on my home computer that is in the US and the servers are based in Europe, but still has seemed fairly fine.

It might have been laggy cause I wasn't at my computer and it probably had the screen saver on. Since I run it on my 2 yr old laptop it was probably trying too much. I am very excited to hear about the people having fun and am sorry it locked up on you and cancelled races left and right. Does anyone know a reason for this or have ideas? Were people disconnecting alot / deactivating themselves? Thanks for the reports and PLEASE keep it up.
15 people? When i went there, there was well over 20.
New bug

- A person is gets to race twice in a row because of pitting less than 5 seconds before starting a race on the first event of new track
im online now but the server seems to have crashed again
Yup it did crash, and it won't crash for that reason again as I found it and fixed it ; ) It is up and running again if you want to go play on the system. I am now going to work so I will be back home in 9 hours or so. Hope it stays running smoothly until then, and post any bugs and what not in this thread so I can see them thanks.
Quote from blackbird04217 :Yes I tried fixing the bug where it fails to restart when someone joins during that time. I don't know why its not working now : ( I am very glad to hear 15 people where on today. And I don't know why it would be laggy for some of you and not others. The System is running on my home computer that is in the US and the servers are based in Europe, but still has seemed fairly fine.

It might have been laggy cause I wasn't at my computer and it probably had the screen saver on. Since I run it on my 2 yr old laptop it was probably trying too much. I am very excited to hear about the people having fun and am sorry it locked up on you and cancelled races left and right. Does anyone know a reason for this or have ideas? Were people disconnecting alot / deactivating themselves? Thanks for the reports and PLEASE keep it up.

I deactivated myself once, and then reactivated myself. I did one race.

Then, when the system started messing around, I was actually deactivated by the system, and I couldn't press the activate button. It made a noise but did not respond. That could be why races were cancelled.
#85 - Migz
I only had two races, but it was amazing. Im definetly going back on later. Although i know ill lose because i suck at driving.
Maybe we can havea way where we can vote for our prefered car, and if both drivers agree then it'll pick that one?

OT: whats afk mean?
#87 - Migz
Oh right thanks
As to the preferred car idea Migz, that has been a thought more then once, but it actually takes away from the system. Especially because the complete randomness mixes it up a lot. It gives attention to all cars including the "harder" ones so that people can practice and get a chance to really use it.

I will be making a new thread for Dash For Cash testing since this one is misleading, and I want to be more organized with the bug list and testing things. I am finally getting organized testing while I am at work so I need a place that you guys can write about the bugs you find... I will post a link here and ask you to bookmark it or add it to your favorites if you would like to help with the testing.
What about a chart of the richest people?

You can already see the amount of a single user so it's maybe not that hard to do.
#90 - Migz
Oh right, well fair enough. Just ill have to wait a while before i get to the one car im slightly good at
Still its a great server though! Keep up the good work. If i get anymore idea's ill think about them and if theyre good enough ill post them up
Anyone gonna be on this server tonight?

I would like to check it out as I cant afford to go out tonight, so ill be mostly playing computer games... mostly
That will be on the website, idk if there would be a reason to add it to the system. Definitely possible, but idk, I will look into it a bit more. There are things of much higher priority right now and the next thread will display this list as it grows.
Quote from hardcoreobscure :Anyone gonna be on this server tonight?

I would like to check it out as I cant afford to go out tonight, so ill be mostly playing computer games... mostly

Well night for me, very early morning for you. If you can get a few of your friends rounded up the server is running (unless it crashed which is getting rare these days : )). Just get a few people and go have some fun, can't really do it by yourself though (yet).
#94 - Migz
Quote from blackbird04217 :Well night for me, very early morning for you. If you can get a few of your friends rounded up the server is running (unless it crashed which is getting rare these days : )). Just get a few people and go have some fun, can't really do it by yourself though (yet).

You say yet? What are you going to do to make it fun to be by yourself?
Have a set lap time, where you have to try and beat it? lol
Not you will be able to practice alone making a very small amount of money. The cars and tracks will be random just like it is with multiple people and whatnot.
For someone that uses the Dash For Cash system enough to know about it can you write me a decent paragraph explaining the system to people that have never heard of it. PM me all the entries to keep the thread clear of the mess. When I find one I like and sounds like it explains it correctly I will post it in the first post.
Can I get a mod to change the name of this thread to: "Dash For Cash Testing" (without the quotes).

Thanks, it would be better than me creating a new thread now that I realized I should have named this one better... Thanks.
insim seems to work but no race starts -.-
What about getting a forum section? You could put all your D4C and your H2H stuff in there.
Will eventually... you can go read the first attempt that failed HORRIBLY! So I am just waiting for the Head to Head Racing Series to be announced and get a list. Show Victor our amazing website for H2H and that there is interest then get the sub-section. Just showing that there is interest and that I am dedicated to it wasn't enough we will actually need a list of signups. For the best I guess but a bit of a pain. So this thread is used for MANY MANY reasons for Dash For Cash. Its used for announcements, bugs, suggestions, organizing test events and all of that fun stuff.

Dash For Cash [ON HOLD]
(151 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG