The online racing simulator
Dash For Cash [ON HOLD]
Good morning, afternoon or evening...

I would like to invite all Live For Speed drivers to a unique server I have been working on for the last month and a half. The system seems 96% stable, although it occasionally locks up and a very are crash pops up now and then. The server is very fun, but it doesn't run if there is only 1 person so to test it out find a friend or two and go have some fun.

Check out the Dash For Cash website to see how you rank: d4c.storm-servers.net

As a fair warning, but please don't be turned away by this: You will be forced to spec races. Each driver is placed in a "Waiting Line" and will get a turn to race. It is possible to miss your race so pay attention to the text display as it will display your name and your opponents name. Each race is 1 lap and lasts less than 2 minutes tops so waiting time isn't that long, and a lot of the races are quite entertaining.

I hope you join and try it out!

Server: [SR]DashForCash
Pass: d4c

Note: Password may be disabled (public server) and it also may be different if I am testing privately. Although server should generally be public so I can get more people!!

Please help with testing by posting any bugs you find with the system here. Also when posting a bug make sure you know what caused it and how I can reproduce it. If there is a crash and you have a "good" guess as to why then also post that. Please read through this list as I will maintain it as much as I can. Suggestions and requests will be placed on this list but that does NOT mean any of them will be implemented, so if you have an idea MAKE sure it is not on the list. I am posting the "Things to be worked on" list so that the testers know what is to come and what will need to be tested the hardest in the future. I will also color code the bugs depending on severity and if they have been completed.

Below is a bug list that was last updated on: June 23rd 2008
-------------------------------------------------------------

Things to work on and Bugs to hunt:
Previous Race Results needs to display the results of the race, who won, lost, did not finish...
Website is all messed up, squished, squashed and split wrong. [FIXED]
Player is removed from the waiting line when they do not join their race: Still "On Deck" [FIXED]
Activate/Deactivate button gets pressed by itself somehow...
Race does not restart if someone is joining the server while the system sends the restart command.
Single player "practice" mode treats it as a race giving the player $100 for "winning" and adding to their other stats.
Click top-left Bet button and then bottom-left Bet Button very quickly will produce the bottom-right button being pressed.
Clicking interface buttons can sometimes do the wrong things when the button comes back into the system.
*This is possibly caused by lagging packets, try not to click on buttons when the interface changes... Looking for a better solution.

Race time is off by about 15ish seconds. Race starts to end at 1:30 rather then 1:45 so that it is a 2 minute race.
Start the person with the most bets in front, even bets allow the racers to join in the correct order.
Track does not always change when the system tries. Also should allow racers to end the race for a new track.
Num races before track change is always N/A even when on random tracks. [FIXED]
Interface was not updating with database. [FIXED]
Player rename did not update the players name everywhere in the system. [FIXED]
User places bet, disconnects, race finishes. [FIXED]

Suggestions / Requests

Show the stats of two drivers so a gambler can compare before placing bets.
Can i join please?
Yes please! Thats what the post is for!
#5 - DeKo
It probably wasn't there when Harjun looked, I went back and edited it when I noticed... But its there now : ) Hope to see some faces!
^^ Next thing he is going to do is brag how much he has overclocked something online.... *puts earmuffs on* I know I'm deaf, I'm just taking extreme precautions.
Quote from BigDave2967 :^^ Next thing he is going to do is brag how much he has overclocked something online.... *puts earmuffs on* I know I'm deaf, I'm just taking extreme precautions.

Honestly that would be thread stealing at its best... There was no talk about that anywhere above. However I am just letting people know that the testing is STILL going on...
^^ My bad.
Heh, no problem really... Although testing is mainly going on around these times: 01:00 (am) gmt to 05:00 (am) gmt I know those times are early but really thats my after work hours and the time I am home and working on the system... I will be running the system everyday while I am at work but please note it will be running from my home computer so I won't be able to restart it and it MIGHT have crashed... (If you can't type $menu or press shift-i to bring up a menu then it has crashed).

Also it takes 2 people to actually activate the server, but if you join by yourself you can race around that track until another person joins you. Hope you enjoy my hard work and hope I get some testers during the times above.
Testing open again: Monday Night...

(Slight bump rather then creating a new thread)...

I will bump it once every night when testing starts although remember that testing kinda runs during the day - although its really only fun with 2 or more people...
Testing open for Tuesday Night... : ) Please join its gonna be fun. If you can't join please try spreading the news...
Hey.. The server is awesome. A lot of fun..

Good work BlackBird
indeed I love it too! I just cant cuz of the studying but..

I encourage you guys to give it a try it is amazing. Lots of fun!
Wow thanks for the compliments... its not quite finished yet but its running pretty well. Testing starts tomorrow same time as it normally does. And I am glad to have seen some good racing there last night, even a tie... very nice racing.

Like I've said; system is running and I am on it even though I am inactive... join with a friend and have some fun. Hope to see some more testers the rest of the week, and with any luck the server will be running constantly in February...
Sounds really interesting I will give it a go tonight
Sounds like a lot of fun
Wednesday night testing is starting super early. I have a friend that is supposed to be helping everyone that is new to the system. The system is also getting more stable so I am comfortable leaving it running without my supervision! Which is great.

A lot of people have enjoyed the server so far and I hope you give it a try, so come on and test with us!!
I'll have a look tomorrow. Is it run with an insim?

Matty
Yea, it would be way too much of a pain trying to teach people and make them wait for their turn without the InSim. You may think its boring but its actually great fun... I don't know why but a few people joined thinking it was a crash server, or a demolition derby and I wanted to point out that its nothing of the such and the racing will hopefully stay clean...
Another very good testing night. A few new faces but we could still use more so for those reading this thread you really should try joining the TEST server sometime. Its getting closer and closer to completion and tonight we changed the bet amounts and allowed people to win a little money just for finishing a race. 2 other minor bugs had been fixed and we now have the system automatically turn on and off when the user is finishing or starting a race... So that it is not up when racing, but comes up after. This was due to high demand so it goes to prove I listen to my users - which could be you!
i played it last night it is quite fun actually..
nice work
Its that time again Thursday night testing has begun... Come on and join its very fun... Hope more people join the session a little sooner then they had been but come try it out
I'm online there; come and race me and beat me!

Edit - It seems to be a very good, and very fun idea. I enjoyed my short time on the server

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG