The online racing simulator
Round 6 : Westhill Endurance : Pre race discussion
Should be an interesting race, personally, I think a pit is a must, considering the way the tyres were at Kyoto National.
Yeah, i was thinking pitting for tyres, and hoping to stretch the fuel the full distance. I don't know how possble it is though, Westhill is shorter than KY GP?
Think so, but there are a lot of W.O.T. sections on Westhill..........
First time I ever drove this track in the reverse config today. I really like it, it's very glowing and curvy and pretty easy on the rubber. Should be a good race.
Another track thats tough on the tyres, should be fun.
Yeah, i'm having tyre troubles on this combo. Depends though, if i slow the pace by a second or so, i can get then to last quite a while. But push them lap after lap, and they're gone after less than 10 laps
Making looove for 1.5 minut--- hours.
-
(speedway) DELETED by speedway
I like to take it long and easy when driving her... it... whatever?

... it's all spanky's fault
Yeah, she likes to be handled with smooth, long movements, you have to hold onto her firmly, and not let her slide around to much.

If she slides to much, her weight and friction warms her feet up too much, and then she becomes a bit of a handfull.

It's all getting a bit too sexual really..........spanky, what have you done........
Jesus!! I've been racing with a bunch of pervs.... oh wait...
#12 - bozo
You guys are just jealous because you didn't choose the topless sleek one. Now she is RACy
lol good point Bozo!
Anyone tried 2 stints with the same rubber yet?
Quote from lococost :lol good point Bozo!
Anyone tried 2 stints with the same rubber yet?

Cue for mandatory sloppy 2nd joke...
Yeah, I tend to find it a bit messy using the rubber for 2 stints............
I find it almost impossible to keep on the same rubber after the first stint, i have to have fresh clean rubber for the second stint....
finally got my g25 back. Going to try to participate in race. but ill probably end up last since i havent raced in .. 3 months?
Im just in it for the fun anyways
Going for some online practice but teh official server is MIA.

EDIT: It's private now, tried to join via username.
I don't know why it does that, it did it to me yesterday too, I'll reboot it.
Won't let me join.

Anywhoo...

Funny thing but my set feels ok here. No signs of tyres overheating and I have to push to keep the temps up. About 4 secs behind WR but it's looking quite good.
#21 - bozo
I found the server early this morning, but it wouldn't accept any of the passwords I tried. I mention this just in case this (ie somebody trying multiple passwords) is the cause of it going AWOL.
I'm having real tyre issues here, can maybe do 10 laps at half decent pace before they're dead
Did some laps now, tyres seems ok unless I start sliding all over the place... but that's probably what will happen. My laptimes are quite irregular, but I hope to get 1:56s during the race with lots of fuel.

Oh, RACs will have to pit because of fuel. What about the FZ5s?
#24 - bozo
Given all the comments about FZ5 tyres, I wouldn't think anybody would got the distance without pitting. The fuel consumption for FZ5 appears to be about 2.12 - 2.13%, so it looks like a fuel stop would be needed.

I'm actually encouraged by my short practice so far. 9 online laps, and a best of 1:56.02. It helps not carrying 50kg ballast like I erroneously did before the last race! Hopefully with a bit more practice I'll actually be at midfield pace, especially if the FZ's are cruising to conserve their tyres.
My fuel prediction is 100.8%, thinking if I take one or two laps easy I can avoid a pitstop......

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG