The online racing simulator
#1 - bozo
Round 4 : Aston Cadet post race discussion
Well, the racing didn't go quite to plan for me. I just struggled to race closely behind anybody tonight. Race 1 I ran into the back of an AR driver on T2. Just a tap but enough to spin us both. Race 2 and it was Dan who I hit going through the chicane as he had a wobble ahead of me. I thought I would just get around him, but he moved across the track. Sorry to both!

I got side-swiped on lap 9 of race 1. I wasn't too happy about it, but on the replay I can see it was just an unlucky move for me. We were 3 abreast, Serp, P Martin (Sly or Flip?) and myself. P Martin was in the middle and just moved across into me, and I ended up facing the wall. It was not intentional, so I'm very glad I didn't say anything until I saw the replay :-)

I still had some good battles, and had to hang back a few times when I got a bit feisty with the car ahead. Overall it was fun. I hope to have less contact in the next race - I'll try to improve ...
after oly having like 10 laps practise prior to the event and then to come 4th then 3rd well im over the moon , gd race i hade with felix but then i started to make mistakes , so i got 4th then in race 2 i was 5th and then 3id nik spun and SG spooney or spongey or somin like that spun also and i thought woa now its my turn to spin but i dident , had a few woaa ee phew moments but gd race overall ,
see u all at next round .
l have realy ****ING bad day. GO to sleep now
I was 1st and 2nd..nothing interesting in race 1 - little more action in second as i started 10th - others made some errors and i finished in 2nd :} happy
Races were fine, although a couple of drivers seemed to have a problem staying in a straight line. Even without practise and being the only second time I fired up LFS this year I still manage to keep the car stable and countersteer through most of the slides that started. I think some people only know how to drive on the ragged edge, I got taken out a couple of times too but that seems nothing out of the ordinary (sadly).

I'm trying to make this post sound more positive but struggling, I did actually enjoy the racing (for the most part). Until next time...
#6 - FL!P
Quote from bozo :I got side-swiped on lap 9 of race 1. I wasn't too happy about it, but on the replay I can see it was just an unlucky move for me. We were 3 abreast, Serp, P Martin (Sly or Flip?) and myself. P Martin was in the middle and just moved across into me, and I ended up facing the wall.

Sorry about that, mate. It was me. I haven't watched the replay yet, but at that moment it felt you moved towards me rather than the opposite. In any case I was sorry to see you retire!

Edit: Now I watched it, and my first impression was confirmed. My replay shows that I was going on a straight line and you steered towards me. If it's not what your replay shows, then it was lag. Still sorry about it, though.
@Bob, tbh, I personally think it's the car, its just got such a fine "limit", and if you even go over the limit by a fraction, the car bites, and it bites big.

I am not convinced the MRT is a good car choice for a league, but it's a bit of fun none-the-less, I would like to think that it's the car cause any issues, not the lack of skill on the drivers part.

Personally, I am RUBBISH in the MRT, but it's good to drive something different.
-
(speedway) DELETED by speedway
#8 - bozo
Quote from FL!P :Sorry about that, mate. It was me. I haven't watched the replay yet, but at that moment it felt you moved towards me rather than the opposite. In any case I was sorry to see you retire!

Edit: Now I watched it, and my first impression was confirmed. My replay shows that I was going on a straight line and you steered towards me. If it's not what your replay shows, then it was lag. Still sorry about it, though.

Flip, I used the wrong words. I didn't think there was anything wrong with your driving. The track just became a bit small for the 3 of us as we approached the corner. You didn't move across into me - I wrote that incorrectly. That's what I thought at the time, but on viewing the replay I saw that it was just our respective racing lines converging. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Quote from danowat :I am not convinced the MRT is a good car choice for a league, but it's a bit of fun none-the-less, I would like to think that it's the car cause any issues, not the lack of skill on the drivers part.

Familiarity is important, and especially practise in that car. My team has been doing long MRT leagues every year since it's introduction. Thankfully due to mostly dedicated racers, the quality has always been good, and those that were less dedicated either got better or left. To any of us, it's all the other cars that seem weird.

Quote from danowat :Personally, I am RUBBISH in the MRT, but it's good to drive something different.

Agreed , but I think what qualifies as different is individual to the racer. I've driven the MRT5 to death yet only done 2 laps (ever) in the UFR, which I know others find very popular.
#10 - bozo
Quote from Bob Smith :... yet only done 2 lays (ever) in the UFR

Wasn't it a bit cramped on the back seat?
Open top mode, mate. Means you can perform such things vertically without fear of pulverising your face into the roof.
Quote from Bob Smith :Open top mode, mate. Means you can perform such things vertically without fear of pulverising your face into the roof.

Do you get the open top UFR by haxoring, or hacksawing ?
Sorry for not attending, I got the "Magen-Darm-Grippe" (Google says: "gastric flu"?!). I wouldn't have survived a 20 minute race without running to the toilet. :vomit:
Quote from zeugnimod :Sorry for not attending, I got the "Magen-Darm-Grippe" (Google says: "gastric flu"?!). I wouldn't have survived a 20 minute race without running to the toilet. :vomit:

Ahhhh....so the KFC rumours were true then
Hmm...Tell me more about it.
Quote from Bean0 :Do you get the open top UFR by haxoring, or hacksawing ?

I can say for sure that Tristan was not involved, if that's what you're getting at.

(damn that last letter)
-
Does anyone have the replays for yesterdays event? i'm also still missing last weeks complete set of replays.
Quote from speedway :all you have to know is that your team-mate stood up for you when everyone else was making fun of you

Yeah...sure...
Hmm, that link doesn't seem to work...
-
works for me too....
-
Quote from speedway :..works for me

Quote from danowat :works for me too....

Hmm, i got, and still get
HTTP 500 - Internal Server Error

EDIT: thanks, that latest link works, dunno whats up with the first one then

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG