The online racing simulator
#26 - MR_B
Thanks Benji,

I've now officially done the skin, i'm pretty sure of a big thumbs up in terms of legalities...

**UPLOADED 512X512 to stop pinchers** If you need a 1024 then let me know.
Attached images
XRR_PRIGTC.jpg
I'm gonna need a 2048. Can PM me if you would prefer.
Quote from MR_B :Thanks Benji,

I've now officially done the skin, i'm pretty sure of a big thumbs up in terms of legalities...

**UPLOADED 512X512 to stop pinchers** If you need a 1024 then let me know.

Please post up a 2048^2 version for my skins-x or skins-y or whatever Low-res skins suck, and why would anyone steal it if they're not in the team?
#29 - MR_B
Because people pinch things!:hide:
Attached images
XRR_PRIGTC.jpg
That's better Very nice skin too!
Just realised theres a small problem with the FZR sun strip. That will have to be corrected tomorrow.
Is it allowed to use the IGTC logo on skins ? Or only numberplate ?
Is it allowed to place 3rd plate at roof? Or 3rd plate must be somewhere at hood of car?
Pernix hi-res skin.
Attached images
FZR_igtc_pd.jpg
Quote from Kirill.D :Is it allowed to use the IGTC logo on skins ? Or only numberplate ?

You can use it anywhere you like, but it has to be on the number plate as well.

Quote from Megin :Is it allowed to place 3rd plate at roof? Or 3rd plate must be somewhere at hood of car?

You must have a plate on the hood and both sides, but you can have one on the roof as well if you wish.
spdoRacing #19
Attached images
FZR_spdo_IGTC.jpg
Here is the Safety Car skin in 2048 Res. Added the 1024 to the OP.
Attached images
FZ5_IGTC_SC_08.jpg
Pardon my ignorance, but where should I be putting these high res skins?
Download them to your data/skins folder. LFS will autoconvert them to .dds format.
Thanks
you mean skins_x folder, right? otherwise LFS would still try and download the lower res one.
#43 - Dru
Quote from MR_B :Because people pinch things!:hide:

only if they are good

BTW... nice skin
Quote from burnsy1882 :you mean skins_x folder, right? otherwise LFS would still try and download the lower res one.

Certainly not.

I've been putting my skins in the skins folder before and after Patch Y, and it doesn't overwrite with a downloaded low-res version.

edit: quoted from another thread:

Quote from Crashgate3 :Just put them in your 'skins' folder. If they're named correctly (skins for the BF1 should start 'BF1_' ) they will be available in the game. To apply them to a car, first make sure you aren't using one of the default setups (create a new setup if neccesary) and click 'new colours' on the left hand side. Now you should be able to pick your new skin.

The 'skins_x' and 'skins_y' folders are where LFS puts the compressed skins it has downloaded - you don't need to touch those folders.

if i read the quote correctly, the skins in the skins folder is for your car only, and the skins_x folder is for the other driver's cars. but i'll try out both ways to see what happens.
Quote from burnsy1882 :if i read the quote correctly, the skins in the skins folder is for your car only, and the skins_x folder is for the other driver's cars. but i'll try out both ways to see what happens.

The way I understand it, skins_x and skins_y are exclusively for auto-downloaded skins.

Anyway, downloading to the skins folder has always worked for me.
Skins (auto)downloaded into the skins_x/y folders can not be chosen in the garage by the user. Skins stored in the skins/skins_dds folders can.

skins\ - Only used for converting jpegs to dds. Skins in here aren't really used in-game.
skins_dds\ - Your skins, the default skins, and additional public skins you want to use should be saved here.
skins_x\ - Autodownloaded skins at low resolution. Skins in this folder can only be seen.
skins_y\ - Autodownloaded skins at high resolution. Skins in this folder can only be seen.
png?

I thought LFS used dds FEL
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Lee, the plate .psd file already has both a black and a gray background layer.

Though I do agree that the black on black logo is less than ideal.

Hi!

I have some problems with the IGTC_Plate_Kit.psd. I'm using Gimp, just downloaded the latest version of it 2.4.4. I can locate the layers just fine black and grey, but the grey also appears to be black. Anybody else having any issues with this or is it just me?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG