The online racing simulator
IGTC 2008 Season Skins

Hello racers!

Attached is the skin kit for the 2008 IGTC Season. Included are sunstrips for all cars in 1024 and 2048 resolution, as well as a .psd file for the number plate (to be used on the hood and both sides of the car) and the Hemihead font that is used in the new IGTC logo.

Please design your 2008 Season skins with these components.

When your skins are complete, you can post them here for the competition to use.
Attached images
FZ5_IGTC_SC_08.jpg
RB4_IGTC_PC_08.jpg
Attached files
IGTC_Kit_c.zip - 378.1 KB - 649 views
Quote from DeadWolfBones :

Hello racers!

Attached is the skin kit for the 2008 IGTC Season. Included are sunstrips for all cars in 1024 and 2048 resolution, as well as a .psd file for the number plate (to be used on the hood, rear, and both sides of the car) and the Hemihead font that is used in the new IGTC logo.

Please design your 2008 Season skins with these components.

When your skins are complete, you can post them here for the competition to use.

do we have to use all of them Rear , front left and right
just the front and left and right sides
Quote from BenjiMC :just the front and left and right sides

i got it on the back ,left , right sides is that ok
be fore i upload to lfs w is this ok
Attached images
FZR_IGTC.jpg
you cant make your skin yet because teams have not been given numbers. Also you use the IGTC plate not the logo
Quote from BenjiMC :you cant make your skin yet because teams have not been given numbers. Also you use the IGTC plate not the logo

ok ill wait till im assigned a team and then ill do it , but i want my novice sticker on the back
Some suggestions about the plate:

The outer color is black, the same as the first portion of the IGTC logo. You may want to think about a different color...maybe a dark gray or something like that. I know it looks fine when zoomed in, but consider what it looks like in the thumbnail below.

EDIT: My suggestion attached as well.
Attached images
IGTC_Plate_Kit.png
IGTC_Plate_Kit2.png
Lee, the plate .psd file already has both a black and a gray background layer.

Though I do agree that the black on black logo is less than ideal.
-
(BenjiMC) DELETED by BenjiMC
BAH! Should have seen that....my bad!
Just checking, are the number plates here big enough? i left it as 00 for now since I don't have a team number yet. Also it's not on lfsw yet until i get my number, so don't save it in your skins folder anyone!

P.S. the plates look squished but they appear with the original aspect ratio when shown on the car
Attached images
FZR_NiTRa_IGTC.jpg
Looks a-ok to me.
You need a plate on the hood, and why have you modified the plate?
Here is the Sonicrealms Racing IGTC 2008 skin. Attached is a 2048x2048 skinfile and a preview.

Skin by Gerdoner / Renders by Heinz

Last update: 27/09/'08 for R8
Attached images
render1.jpg
FZR_SR_IGTC08.jpg
Nice work!
From what I can see, it looks good. Would be better to see the actual skin file.
#18 - MR_B
Would it be possible to make the windscreen visor black as the text doesn't show up particularly well?
Will do, There are a few things that i will change on the plate as a lot of the skins i have seen the logo is a bit messed up.

PS. Skins won't be mandatory for the test race.
If you can get those updates done before the test race it'd be appreciated, we'd like to run it with the final skin
#21 - MR_B
The logo's are most probably messed up on them because they've drawn their skins in the 1024X1024 configuration. Using a 2048X2048 and compressing them fixes that problem.
I don't think any skinner worth his salt skins in 1024^2.
The logo goes all weirdy because the line of text is unreadable at that size, it just goes into a blurry mess.

Also, some are resizing to compensate for the in-game stretching.
#24 - MR_B
Quote from Bean0 :Also, some are resizing to compensate for the in-game stretching.

i.e. me
New updated version of skin kit is uploaded now.

Updates:
  • 2 Versions of IGTC Logo in PNG format.
  • New plate kit with fully rasterized logo's
  • Black Sun Strips
Download

IGTC 2008 Season Skins
(227 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG