The online racing simulator
just use notify admin by email then use one of the many free ways to send a txt message to that mobile of any email
Sam... the ability to pay for "Premium" reports, which get placed at the top of our queue...
Maybe you should get a reward for reporting.
A few points for a warning.
Ten or Twenty for a caution.
Fifty for a short term ban
A hundred for a mid term one.
500 for a permanent ban.
Then I'd have earned a lot of points, because I've taken things from reports that were already reported and stemmed a new report from them, then actioned on them.
Would that be such a bad thing? Looking at your CTRA stats you could use a few more points. Even I have more than you. Or is it only because I don't have a life and you do?
hehe.. I've pushed up development for the live notification system. I'll update the X-System later this evening, when all is quiet, so that all admin messages in servers are then sent directly and audibly to admins who are not on servers.
Addition: Due to my fantastic VB.Net coding, we now have an application that runs on admin computers, alerting them of admin messages, even if they are off of the X-System.
going back to that about the reports and points, how about a system were an admin can mark a report out of 10, and then on your profile it says something like: reporting proficiency(sp) 5.5 for exaple, at least then it is not based on how many reports are put in

just an idea
Filing reports is just a way for the CTRA driving community to help maintain its own racing standards. Every report filed in good faith is wholly appreciated by the CTRA admins, no matter what the admin decision is at the end of it.. but reporting should never be regarded, in any way, as a competition!
oh that wasnt what i meant, it was meant more of a way to get people to look at relp[ays and think more of making the report, like if the report was dismissed but it is evedent the reporter had followed correct procedure would get high marks but someone who didnt even if the report ended in action would get a low mark
I understand what you're saying, and it's certainly not the worst idea I've heard by any stretch!

If someone builds up a history of filing meaningless reports, or reports that lack info or even contain the wrong info, we let them know already. They're pretty few and far between and the majority of reports are spot on. Even the ones that ultimately get dismissed are not necessarily at all off the mark. We don't need to build a rating system for reports.. apart from anything else, it could send the wrong message, or a message that could be misconstrued, about what we're trying to achieve with the reporting system.
yh ok i see what your saying
Quote from SamH @ james12s :I understand what you're saying, and it's certainly not the worst idea I've heard by any stretch!

Bugger

Fair enough, I see bigger and better ideas than my own have already been put into action. Nice plans, much more convenient

Sam
ADDED - Chatroom now available in MyCTRA.

I don't expect it'll get used particularly, if indeed at all, but I figured what the heck.

STEALTH DUSTIN EDIT!:

It's not like it's anything TOO new, seeing behind the brick wall, we've been using it.
^^^
Working fine
ADDED - Buddy List on CTRA website
You were already notified of team mates racing on CTRA, but now we've added the ability to add other buddies to MyCTRA too.

To use, simply view a friend's stats page and click the "Add as Buddy" link under their username (visible only if you're logged in to MyCTRA). Then, every time your friend is online at a CTRA server, you will see them listed and can join them directly.
you know i was thinking this morning, i though i wish there was a buddy list, and here we go, thanks sam
Awesome.

Thx Sam
Suggestion: Infraction ribbon tooltips allow us to lookup a report by giving us the report ID, but it is a clunky process of going to our own MyCTRA page and typing in the reportID to the report lookup field. Could infraction ribbons be clickable to open up the report directly? Some cell shading on the graphic would also look nice whilst your at it
Quote from Becky Rose :
Suggestion: Infraction ribbon tooltips allow us to lookup a report by giving us the report ID, but it is a clunky process of going to our own MyCTRA page and typing in the reportID to the report lookup field. Could infraction ribbons be clickable to open up the report directly? Some cell shading on the graphic would also look nice whilst your at it

+1. I was thinking about this yesterday.
Another suggestion, following the good one above:
I was thinking about the stats offered by the CTRA website.
All good info but we may be missing something interesting and maybe controversial (the last bit driving my interest )
Any way to display, per driver, in %, the amount of time / laps / races / any of these three on CTRA as compared to LFSW?
This would show each driver's assiduity to CTRA, and could help detecting overall interest variations according to the modifications in CTRA servers.
Quote from Becky Rose :

It was a conscious decision not to make these clickable on the public website. If people really want to know, they'll go find the information. I wanted to make it at least involve a little effort to peek through the curtains, kinda thing.

To make it a little easier for people that come by here, I'll squeal on myself about a little website "easter egg". In the Detailed Stats search box, instead of putting in a licence name, enter a Report ID (eg: enter "#12585") and it will take you straight to the report. The "#" is important. You can therefore go directly to any report from any page in the site.
Quote from Mille Sabords :Another suggestion, following the good one above:
I was thinking about the stats offered by the CTRA website.
All good info but we may be missing something interesting and maybe controversial (the last bit driving my interest )
Any way to display, per driver, in %, the amount of time / laps / races / any of these three on CTRA as compared to LFSW?
This would show each driver's assiduity to CTRA, and could help detecting overall interest variations according to the modifications in CTRA servers.

It's worth thinking about. I've considered it in the past, and we do refer to overall LFS use in the admin section when considering reports (though we don't automate any statistical comparisons, it's just to determine the level of experience a racer has, to help explain odd on-track behaviour). Hmm.. thinking....
Closed (hopefully temporarily) the MyCTRA chat option. We have identified a problem with the chat window application that we wrote, and have decided to properly address it following our server move (shortly).

X-System Change-Log
(149 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG