The online racing simulator
hehe.. yeah, I did make the changes around that time! LOL!

Hmm.. I dunno. The thing's only supposed to be a rough guess, anyway. A couple of races out of whack is within tolerance for me
The 'My CTRA' page is giving me this error, and displaying nothing but the Dials.

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0006'
Overflow: 'CInt'
/inc/functions.asp, line 1015

EDIT..hmm wrong thread really , sorry old chap.
Lemme know if you still have a problem.. I think I dun fixt it
Similarly... I just checked my bookmarked Licence Lookup Page, the one that shows my CTRA licence 'card' and nothing else, and got lots of lovely error messages:
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'becky'@'ukct1' (using password: YES) in C:\Data\Websites\ctrax.raceauthority.com\lookup\licencelookup.php on line 16

Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in C:\Data\Websites\ctrax.raceauthority.com\lookup\licencelookup.php on line 19

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in C:\Data\Websites\ctrax.raceauthority.com\lookup\licencelookup.php on line 22

Warning: mysql_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in C:\Data\Websites\ctrax.raceauthority.com\lookup\licencelookup.php on line 22

Warning: mysql_close(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in C:\Data\Websites\ctrax.raceauthority.com\lookup\licencelookup.php on line 171

My licence image itself has no text in it except VOID across my licence number field.
It's not just mine, all the licence lookup pages seem to be having the same issues. Then again, I'm not seeing a link to the lookup page in MyCTRA, so maybe I'm not supposed to be able to find it any more

EDIT - Oh, I like the new Team Designation mouseover on usernames, and the information on where drivers are currently racing, and which car they're in - but that one does spawn a minor grammar issue: "Currently online on CTRA Single Seater 3, racing a FO8". Almost all of the car short-names would need 'an' rather than 'a', unless of course you meant for it to be 'pronounced' as the full name of the car; in which case I'll shut up now

Sam
Ahh.. I didn't think anyone was still linking to that page, since it was deprecated the first week after launch!

I've fixed that page now, so that it will load the correct page instead

I believe I found the error that was causing Finishes to exceed Races. I've updated the X-System now and will be keeping an eye on it. It's also brought forward a couple of optimizations that I really wanted to test more before going live, but none of those optimizations are handling any critical data. They're just associated with the server population list on the Servers page

[edit] cuz I know Becky will be wondering.. I added code to handle the UFR and UF-BR restrictions slightly differently, and forgot to set spectated=True when sending drivers to spectate when their settings weren't correct.
Quote :Ahh.. I didn't think anyone was still linking to that page, since it was deprecated the first week after launch!

He meens that I wrote it and he doesnt like it.
I get this error on the MyCTRA page

Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a03f6'

Expected 'End'

/inc/functions.asp, line 17
Else
^

Quote from Becky Rose :He meens that I wrote it and he doesnt like it.

No, I mean you wrote it and then replaced it with index.php because the URL for the original page was ridiculously long.
Quote from niall09 :I get this error on the MyCTRA page

Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a03f6'

Expected 'End'

/inc/functions.asp, line 17
Else
^

Talk about timing.. that error was there for about 10 seconds! It should be gone now
Quote from SamH :Talk about timing.. that error was there for about 10 seconds! It should be gone now

Yup, thanks Sam
sam, i got a new pc these days and i do not have the password
for myctra....

sure, i could set a new one inside lfs, but i do not have installed
it yet on the new machine...

could you please send me my pwd per pm?
Quote from SamH :Talk about timing.. that error was there for about 10 seconds! It should be gone now

Touché
nicely rallied

Edit: meh wrong quote
Quote from SamH :Ahh.. I didn't think anyone was still linking to that page, since it was deprecated the first week after launch!

I've fixed that page now, so that it will load the correct page instead

Yeah, I hadn't looked at it for ages, I just saw the bookmark that day and thought 'meh, just out of interest'

Nice work.

I managed some similar timing coincidences when the Servers page was being updated at various stages, saw some very strange things when loading it every now and then

Sam
hehe yeah.. the servers page is back one step at the moment. I had to retrograde the X-System a little. It's a little less accurate than it was, but I'll get it back up to standard in the next day or two
CHANGE - Raise reports on current race

You can now raise a report on the current race in progress. If you've been put out of the race by someone, you can now raise and store a report and be finished and ready to go by the time the next race starts. The system will automatically fill in the correct race replay file information as soon as it's available (beginning of the next race) and your report will be ready for you, with the correct replay, to submit later when you log in to MyCTRA. Please resist the temptation to submit reports without checking the replay. This change is to encourage efficient and accelerated use of the reporting function, not to encourage lax reporting. You should still check the replay objectively to ensure that the reportable events actually are as you recalled them at the time.

FIX - Emailing blank links

The system now will not allow you to email yourself a replay that doesn't (yet) exist/hasn't been selected. Not that this was necessarily an issue. It just didn't make sense to be able to email yourself a link to nothing.
/\
This would be super useful, thanks
Nice one, Sam, I was wondering how long it would take for you to deem this one wise

I know we might now face issues with large numbers of reports being sent in without being checked, but the fact that you can't actually submit from inside the server does help stop this.

This just makes it a bit easier to fill in a report without missing a race because of someone else's behaviour

Sam
Makes my life easier at least, seeing I'm catching up to everyone in # of reports dealt with, in 2 days
I hope the new $rep feature doesn't bite the admins in the bum, honestly. Only time will tell, of course

It's been suggested that we not allow reports to be submitted until replays have been downloaded and watched, but I don't think it's feasible to code for that. It can be coded, I could do it, but I don't think the number of poor reports we're getting now warrants the amount of coding needed to capture that information and flag reports with it. That could change with an up-surge in crappy reports, though
To be honest, if you do that, then people are just going to download them to sidestep the system, or download them and watch five seconds to sidestep the system. If someone doesn't want to review a replay, then there's sodall point in making restrictions to force them to do it, because they just won't. Save yourself the bother

Sam
Em what's the point downloading and watching replays if the guy didin't let you go under the blue flag or something like this. There are some obvious situations when you simply don't need to do anything apart from rising a raport
FIX - XFG passenger bug is now averted.

Drivers should now be able to use setups based on Race_S without being spectated for having passengers that don't exist. Thanks go to Bob Smith and Krammeh for leading me to the bad byte in IS_NPL
ADD - $cars, gives restriction details for the different car classes in the CTRA. Also $restrictions.
Nice

I've just had a thought, reading through another thread asking to get wreckers banned more quickly - how about having a 'priority' report label? If, say, someone is behaving in a way that is clearly totally unacceptable - say, persistant and blatant wrecking, repeated racism, whatever - then check the 'Priority Report' box, so that it gets dealt with before any others, and the person in question is removed from the servers more quickly.

It has occured to me that people would over-use this, so I think it'd need to be logged whenever a user sends in a priority-labelled report - so that if a person uses the feature when it isn't strictly necessary to disrupt the reporting queues, their reports are no longer able to have priority status.

I'm just thinking out loud here, but it seems to be a much better option than enabling in-server vote-banning, and would get dangerous/irresponsible people out of the servers more quickly. Any thoughts?

If this is in the wrong place, Sam, bin it and I'll make a new thread

Sam
The admins are already prioritizing reports and checking for reports of wrecking, but we recognise that a faster way of attracting the attention of admins is occasionally needed.

We have a $admin system in place, but it only attracts admins who are online at the time. I'm looking at different ways to convey that messaging to admins who aren't online in a server at the time. Email is too slow, but we have been building a "listener application", and when it's up and running, using this all admins who are at or near their PCs will receive an instant notification that they are needed in a server.

Wreckers are very few and very far between, these days, so we're taking our time to do it properly.

X-System Change-Log
(149 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG