The online racing simulator
Excuse me if I don't turn up for a few days - Christmas and New Year have got me hideously behind on work - but I am chuffed you've brought the LRFs back - nice one.
#27 - SamH
hehe.. Dustin said he thought you might be pleased about it, Kev

I'm looking forward to re-learning the LRF class. Patch Y does seem to have me at a disadvantage.. but getting back up to speed is sure to be fun
I'm willing to take full responsibility too for it, so if everyone's retarded in LRF's, ban me! :hide:

Right, now to go crash LRF's, because I'm good at it.
Quote from SamH :
CHANGE - Race2 now Multi-Class, TBO and LRF.

We've reintroduced the LRF for Silver and higher licences, and merged it into Race2 alongside the TBO class. If you're looking for some fun and challenging racing on the CTRA, we heartily recommend this server.

oh my god, thank you, thank you!:bowdown:
I really like the dual class system. But...

Could/should/would you make the LRF class Gold and up?

The way it's now means crappy drivers, like me, can just jump in and cause havoc with even more powerfull road cars than the TBO class. Not that I will because I know I can't handle any of the LRF cars.

Now the Gold license is just a fancy name no other gains but a refurbised forum sig.

Still all (too) good for me as I'll propably get even more points as everybody else will be racing the LRF class. I'll be gold in no time. But I will not have gotten any better as a driver
March, that would be a good dream, but the LRF class is already so under-used, why limit peoples usage of it even more. Especially with Patch Y, the LX6 has become an amazing car to drive, absolute perfection, the RAC and FZ5 are still whore's on the road, but people don't drive that class enough as it is, so we should try and get people enlightened.

Just my opinion though, and it's not hard to be decent with the LRF cars, you just need to be a bit more patient with passing, and that little right pedal. When a silver licencer joins, give a little bit of info on "How to drive the LRF class" maybe?, like how to modify his driving style. Ask him to practice offline, just to get a hang of throttle control, etcera.
You're right about the usage thing.

Well I'll go "earn" my gold with the XRT.
I really need to get silver now
Thanks Sam and CTRA for the amazing work through my LFS break!
I could not resist and joined a few servers to check progress today and saw LX6's racing on race 2 :jawdrop:

A few more days before I can race again, in this new CTRA full of surprises
Happy new year all!
#35 - SamH
FIX - LRF was reporting as TBO in the results screen. Now reports as LRF again
Quote from SamH :FIX - LRF was reporting as TBO in the results screen. Now reports as LRF again

my last race: 19.09 and it still showed tbo and std classes. And FZ5 was in std class.

I know you're tired, don't rush yourself
#37 - SamH
Quote from psychometalist :my last race: 19.09 and it still showed tbo and std classes. And FZ5 was in std class.

I know you're tired, don't rush yourself

hehe.. yep, I'm knackered! LOL!

I'll have another look and get it sorted on a test server before revising the live version
#38 - SamH
#39 - SamH
CHANGE - Reports can now be excluded/dropped from your X-System $reports screen.

In MyCTRA, you now have the option to drop reports from being listed in both the X-System's $reports screen, and also in MyCTRA.

To use this feature, log in to MyCTRA and click the DROP/restore link against a report you wish to drop or restore.

This feature does not delete reports. It is purely a cosmetic change, to help organize the CTRA interface.
Great to see the LX's back. Would someone be kind and post some patch Y friendly setups here to get things moving.

Thanks, Nigel.

(which way to jump? - SS, UF-BR, LX's)
Selection of my 3 finest setups, the AS5R one is very Understeery, the Blackwood one is pretty neutral, and the Matti one is one I recieved from someone, and only drove it a bit but was absolutely great.
Attached files
LX6_SO5R_Matti.set - 132 B - 792 views
LX6_AS5R_PLZBlack.set - 132 B - 801 views
LX6_New_Blackwood3.set - 132 B - 930 views
I'm never going to be fast but a well balanced setup helps. Thanks for a prompt reply, think I might go for a quick drive.

Nigel.
i think i spotted a change in the report system
#44 - SamH
well as well as the hide thing the text is smaller but mainly the appeal bit in reports, i have never seen that on a report i filed
#46 - SamH
CHANGE - Server Page server population now more organized

I felt I needed to make some changes to the way this page listed the drivers in a server. During busy hours, the page was far longer than desirable. The page now displays players in two columns, or three columns if the server has 20 or more players connected.
Still room for the old pic it seems
#48 - SamH
CHANGE - New reports are now possible from MyCTRA.

CHANGE - You can no longer submit a report without entering the correct S1/S2 licence name for the person you're reporting, or specifying either a particular lap or stating there are multiple relevent laps. There is a helper on the page for finding the correct licence.
#49 - SamH
CHANGE - The rules page of the CTRA website has been edited to include the following text.
Quote from http://www.raceauthority.com/rules.asp :STATING THE OBVIOUS. READ CAREFULLY:
CTRA Admins may, from time to time, issue instructions to drivers regarding driving conventions, in-server behaviour or standards, or conventions/regulations regarding the use of the CTRA system. In all instances, drivers are required to treat the Admin directions as CTRA rules and follow their instructions promptly. Failure to comply with instructions from CTRA Admins in a prompt fashion may result in removal from the system, points deductions or even licence revocation. We maintain a small set of rules on this page and in the X-System software to summarise our rules and regulations, but the absence of a specific rule from this summary DOES NOT constitute permission to behave in a way that is contrary to the spirit of the CTRA, OR to disregard an instruction from the CTRA system or its admins.

#50 - VoiD
Quote from SamH :...without entering the correct username for the person you're reporting...

uhmm, confused...: username or license-name..?

X-System Change-Log
(149 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG