The online racing simulator
#1 - SamH
X-System Change-Log
FIX: Automatic detection of male/female drivers (reflected on CTRA website Driver Of The Moment etc).

FIX: Spam filter now gives a warning if you risk being kicked.

FIX: Spam filter detects "burst" spam, discounts repeated text over time.

FIX: Smileys (eg. ":)", ":-)", "=)", during overtakes) are no longer spam-filtered. Please do not abuse. Please report abusers.

FIX: Email Replay function now should work. Please report bugs.

FIX: Single Seater 1 now distinguishes between Formula Renault and Formula BMW in results screen.

Cheers Sam
Great!
Thanks a lot!
#4 - SamH
CHANGE : Single Seater 1 is now FBM only.

After watching the server usage since launch, I've noted that the FBM is popular and the FOX is definitely not popular in this server. I'm disappointed that the FOX is suffering in popularity, but we roll with the times and I have to concede that the new FBM is a fantastic drive. If the FOX sees a return to the popular spot, we will return it to the server as a part of the cycle.
I think it's just people enjoying the new car, I'm sure the novelty will wear off. It is a blast to race though.
#6 - SamH
Yep, I'll be holding this config for the next week or 3 before reassessing. The drop in server usage at change-over from FBM to FOX was VERY visible, though.. so I felt it was important to accomodate the current trend, for as long as it lasts
#7 - SamH
CHANGE : Endurance days enabled for Race 2, Race 3, UF-BR.

You will need to race lots and lots on CTRA to figure out the day
#8 - SamH
CHANGE : Points allocation for UF-BR.

I've reduced the points allocation for higher licences in the UF-BR server. The points allocation is still more liberal than Race 1, and all licences still earn points. However, higher licences don't earn quite as quickly as lower licences.
Quote from SamH :CHANGE : Points allocation for UF-BR.

I've reduced the points allocation for higher licences in the UF-BR server. The points allocation is still more liberal than Race 1, and all licences still earn points. However, higher licences don't earn quite as quickly as lower licences.

Good stuff, thanks for the update
Sam, what about the "licence * 2 pts for Dustin finishing" bonus?

#11 - SamH
CHANGE : Removed recently added "Burst-spam prevention" function until it can be refined and made more intelligent.
#12 - VoiD
Quote from SamH :CHANGE : Endurance days enabled for Race 2, Race 3, UF-BR.

Awesome!

I hope its starting still this year. Next year I have lots of work in the first weeks, 14-16 hours a day.
#13 - SamH
Today is Endurance Day for Race 3.. I don't think any of the others are due until early next week though.
#14 - VoiD
Thx for the hint.

:magnify:Must be either tuesday or wednesday.
Quote from SamH :CHANGE : Endurance days enabled for Race 2, Race 3, UF-BR.

No endurance day on Race 1?
Thanks Sam for:
  1. The updated X-System
  2. Changing your avatar. I could always tell when you had posted in a thread cos i took my poor computer ages to load it and then slowed up when I read it!
Quote from SamH :CHANGE : Removed recently added "Burst-spam prevention" function until it can be refined and made more intelligent.

how can you make it more intelligent than yourself, btw like the look of some of them, time to fire up my mean machine now for some serious lfs-ing
Sam it seems track rotation is stuck between 2 tracks. It happend last night and now again tonight. For some reason it switch back to the previous track.

Dunno if that the meaning but its a bit odd.
#19 - VoiD
Quote from niels1 : For some reason it switch back to the previous track.

The previous track or the same track as before the crash..?

JohnUK89 reinitialised X-System lately . AFAIK the system stays on that track before the system-crash, not knowing about it crashes. I hope you get it, hard to explain with my poor english.
#20 - SamH
CHANGE : UF-BR Entry changed to Bronze and above.
#21 - SamH
CHANGE : Engine restriction notices on FJR, GT2 and UF-BR give more detailed information about setting restrictions.

CHANGE : More information given when required licence levels are not met, on joining CTRA servers.

That's me done for tonight. Night all
You must dream X 1.5 atm
Quote from niels1 :Sam it seems track rotation is stuck between 2 tracks. It happend last night and now again tonight. For some reason it switch back to the previous track.

Dunno if that the meaning but its a bit odd.

it happend again last night. Was on aston north. Rotated to FE black and went back at Aston North.
#24 - SamH
CHANGE - X-Monitor2

X-Monitor2 has been written by Mikey (UKCT's mkserve) which will automatically notify all CTRA admins immediately, directly from their System Tray. It includes X-System remote restart, so with a bit of good fortune, the X-System will never be down for more than a few seconds in future

CHANGE - Race2 now Multi-Class, TBO and LRF.

We've reintroduced the LRF for Silver and higher licences, and merged it into Race2 alongside the TBO class. If you're looking for some fun and challenging racing on the CTRA, we heartily recommend this server.
Sam, you worded that second change wrong, it should be:

Change - Gay Race 2 RPG mod runs LRF and TBO

We've changed our gay rpg mod to include the fantastically heterosexual LRF class along side the amazingly painful TBO class, Have fun, and wreck Kev.

X-System Change-Log
(149 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG