The online racing simulator
Quote from franky500 :thats why there was an (ish) on the end of febuary.

You'll be happy to know though that im one step closer to gettign this started. no firm date(s) yet but i have not gone to live in a cave with Osama! (im actually with yogi bear)

But Osama has funn guns to play with......Anywho What is this "step-closer"?
verrey interested
Any news on the race? I would absolutely Love to join!
Quote from vlad_ :Any news on the race? I would absolutely Love to join!

I'm sure if there was it would have been posted in this thread.... so why don't we just stop flooding this thread and wait for a proper announcement of this event
Coz flooding this thread is fun
Hi, have been reading for the last hour and a half, seen how long it take to prepare such a huge race, im preety interested in joining this. I will probably get friends over to swap drivers as one of you said. Allso i will swap drivers online, i currently dont know of thats allowed to swap online and IRL, i got a racing chair comming soon to my place. I allready own a g25 and ive hooked up a car's dashboard to the PC is starting to get working, i got the speedo and the torque working but not yet the turbo. I find the programs the chips and gets the money for the parts. My freind is in University and becomming a electrician(hes a REAL pc nerd) so he creates the circuit-boards that opperate the dashboard. Im on this project to build a very realy car simulator in my living room. So if there will be a mounth(ish) date of this i can figure out if i get this thing done before the 24h race starts. It whould realy be a cool experience driving this with the car simulator(irl) up running. I got no problem catching up a team on 6 people. How many is allowed to drive? If 6 it whould have a shift on 4 hours for each driver.

Well Lets just hope for a some info about this, alteast Mounth"ish".

I know its a hard request, so dont kill me for asking.

-Peace-
-Equil out-
When is the next 24hr race? Oh and if an aussie could drive?

I found this in the German forums.... It will be organised by the BurnoutCrew, one of the oldest German racing teams. I don't know much... "Patience may return it all to you" is the catch phrase of it. Actually there are not many information about it.
Quote from TFalke55 :

I found this in the German forums.... It will be organised by the BurnoutCrew, one of the oldest German racing teams. I don't know much... "Patience may return it all to you" is the catch phrase of it. Actually there are not many information about it.

Is there a link to something please? I am interested.
Well if someone could alert him to this thread I guarantee he'll get a full field
Well, finally we found it

Webflat and me initiated the Desire of Patience Tour as a tribute to the 5th anniversary of the BurnoutCrew.
The DoP will be divided into three independent events:

- 11.10.2008 -- 6h Westhill International Rev
- 22.11.2008 -- 12h Kyoto Grand Prix
- 24.01.2009 -- 24h Aston Grand Touring

So you don't have to be part of the first event, if you simply want to show your skill in the 24h-race, but you may...

Car-classes are the same in all of the events:

1) GTR (FXR, XRR, FZR)
2) NGTR (XFR, UFR)
3) LRF (LX6, RAC, FZ5)
4) TBO (XRT, RB4, FXO)
(No handycaps for the faster cars.)

Qualify-modes could be a bit different. We think about some kind of team-qualify, so every member of a team has to drive laps on the qualy-server. The average time driven would be the counted qualy-time. The qualy-server will be open only a few days and time-slots and you will be limited to a number of 10 laps (maybe more).

Teams should have from 2 to 4 members.

We are in the early days of the DoP, so not everything has finished yet, but trust me, there will be introduced some really cool features.
(Well, I'll have to keep programming a lot of stuff :schwitz

We try to keep you informed!

I got the speed, I got the need.
The beast inside has to be feed.
Go to hell and take a tour.

Desire is such a lovely word,
take care of it think of a baby bird.

Come back and search for the cure.
Patience may return it all to you.

Find the fast man's well known deed,
and don't end up in crazy weed.

Klaus Adam, 2008
Now is this Frankeys race or the other one coz if so i would have thought a new thread for it would have been more appropriet, but cheers for the heads up.
Quote from AstroBoy :Now is this Frankeys race or the other one coz if so i would have thought a new thread for it would have been more appropriet, but cheers for the heads up.

You're right. I didn't realise where I was. I'll start a new thread with our content.
So all of these different class cars are on track at the same time? I really want to drive a stint in a 24hr race, but being Aussie, i have high pings.
Way too many classes for my liking but I'd still like to race
interested in racing here too..
Sorry to say but i dont think this will ever happen. franky is too busy it seems.
any further developments on this?
I would really like to enter this if it goes ahead, im trying to start my own team up but haven't got very many members yet so i would probably just enter it as an individual. I will only be able to enter it if its in the summer holiday time otherwise i would have to do it around school work so personally i think it would be good to arrange it in the next month, but i dont know how much you have still got to do (getting servers and registering members ect).
2009???
plz no.
24 hs, yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!
I'll probably find a couple of people and enter this if it ever happens! I would love to enter a 24 hour event. As Charlie said, I hope this is in a school holiday - even if it's just a 1 week half term thing.

There will probably be a 24 hour race before this one (one that I can enter - you have to be 16 or something for the Desire of Patience race,) but you never know. Let's give it a :bump: to speed up the process.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG