The online racing simulator
Ready-To-Render kit (free)
(973 posts, started )
Quote from iFastLT :Maybe you're doing something wrong? Because I can't find any difficulties converting car to v-ray. Let me explain this:
Import car from cmx file (3ds max 7)
Save it in .max and open it in your primary 3ds max
Press M for material menu, then press button "Get material", then go to scene "tab" and you will find one material, drag&drop it into free slot and choose copy method "instance".
Then press right mouse button somewhere in viewport and select "V-Ray scene conversion", it will convert all materials to V-ray ones.
Assign map to each material(if it's not already) and change some material to proper ones, like glass.

Hope that helps

hmm that sounds interresting.i always tried like import max file,make a sub mat with 2x files(for all the mats) and try to figure out which 1 goes where
the only thing i need is the cmx file then thanks

TO BOKANIER: i have all sorts of materials for vray,i have good sources
it is a good site tho

EDIT: well i just converted it,but everything is black,so ill have to assign maps. will see how it comes out
you have to: in Assing render v-ray selected?
otherwise he does not know that he must use v-ray.
This can be found under render setup
Otherwise it will black.
ye i know where to change renderer,i put it on vray but after the conversion tho.ill do it today,ill have some time.
Quote from Crady :Just wanted to inform you, that there is now an early alpha release of Blender 2.5a.

It has a changed GUI and the most important thing is that is renders WAY WAY faster!!

:wow::wow::wow:
It is a good tutorial, but those photo is too small,
diffcult to see
Quote from SEKYIN :It is a good tutorial, but those photo is too small,
diffcult to see

just click on those pictures
This is my first render. Team used skin and my new favorite car

Attached images
RB4.png
Hey guys,

I installed Blender just before and when I go to start it up, it only comes up with one black box pops up. The program doesn't pop up :S

"Complied with python version 2.6.2.
Checking for installed Phython... got it!"

Dom
DOes anyone have an 3ds max scene of the LFS Helmet? My old one is destroyed. :-/
Quote from kiste :DOes anyone have an 3ds max scene of the LFS Helmet? My old one is destroyed. :-/

its only the helmet in .3ds
hope it helps mate
Attached files
helm.rar - 3.5 KB - 564 views
Thx i´ll test it
Does someone wanna make a new version of this whole blender easy kit? The original is 2½ years old now, and would be cool to have the scirocco from Viewer, and the new XF/XR/FOX and FO8 designs and rims (small changes, but still)
I don't have any idea how to do it, but I'd hope someone out there would do a new version of this kit
sorry for bumping up an old thread, but do i need to isntall Python?
-
(Mustangman759) DELETED by Mustangman759
Quote from jensbrix :Does someone wanna make a new version of this whole blender easy kit? The original is 2½ years old now, and would be cool to have the scirocco from Viewer, and the new XF/XR/FOX and FO8 designs and rims (small changes, but still)
I don't have any idea how to do it, but I'd hope someone out there would do a new version of this kit

started to import the updated cars etc. but can´t promise to finish it. (Definitely will take a while)
Quote from tinky winky :sorry for bumping up an old thread, but do i need to isntall Python?

As long as you just wanna render, i don´t think you need to install it (but I recommend you to install the new Blender 2.53 Beta version, it´s stable and has python build in. + its´s faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaster then 2.49 (and IMO it´s easier to use, can´t go back to 2.49 xD). you can get it here)
Just had my first go with blender. Quite pleased with the results, thanks for the render kit.
Attached images
Render1.jpg
New FBM with some new settings and a kinda complicated node setup. Hope it´s any better then the original V2 version.
Attached images
fbm.png
-
(Impreza09) DELETED by Impreza09 : obsolete
Does anyone PLEASE have this kit for me, I been searching my arse off. But can't find it. Hope someone still has it...
Same, does anyone have it?
omg thank you buddy, have a good one
-
(regispicanco) DELETED by regispicanco : Migrating to another topic.

Ready-To-Render kit (free)
(973 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG