The online racing simulator
6h of Westhill: Protests
Ok.

The first video (06 taking himself out at start), shows 06, doing just that, taking himself out. Why was he allowed to rejoin in position?

The 2nd video (06 makes dirty pass), shows 06 slipstreaming me, then moving me over to the inside on purpose, when there is plenty of space to his right. I then brake carefully, and he brakes late. Then, knowing full well I'm there, he turns in on me giving me no room again, when there is ~10 m of track to the right of him.

The 3rd video (17 gives zero room taking me out), shows 17 slipstreaming me, and again he knows I'm there but gives no room for me, when again there is ~10 m of track to the right. Surely one should give room for other drivers instead of pretending they don't exist and turning into them?

http://rs254.rapidshare.com/files/71930026/Videos.zip
Thanks, investigating.

In the future, please use either mediafire.com or senduit.com.

Rapidshare has a download limit and is sort of a pain to work with.
Quote from DaveWS :Ok.

The first video (06 taking himself out at start), shows 06, doing just that, taking himself out. Why was he allowed to rejoin in position?

The 2nd video (06 makes dirty pass), shows 06 slipstreaming me, then moving me over to the inside on purpose, when there is plenty of space to his right. I then brake carefully, and he brakes late. Then, knowing full well I'm there, he turns in on me giving me no room again, when there is ~10 m of track to the right of him.

The 3rd video (17 gives zero room taking me out), shows 17 slipstreaming me, and again he knows I'm there but gives no room for me, when again there is ~10 m of track to the right. Surely one should give room for other drivers instead of pretending they don't exist and turning into them?

First video looks ok to me Dave, it was a little risky and it wasn't the cleanest move but it wasn't too bad. The last video was a bit lame though, he could of given you a bit more room - he seemed to have plenty.
#5 - xenoa
Protest against:

Team #8 mb-racing.org

They backed from grass direct ahead of our car on around 77 T4, on our driver didnt had change to do anything, result...extra pitting had to b done

http://teamxfr.org/lfs/replay/moe-r3-stint3.rar
didnt the admins say a long time ago that _videos_ are not allowed to use when doing protests? only mpr files should be uploaded...@ cP & T7R
Quote from Belain :didnt the admins say a long time ago that _videos_ are not allowed to use when doing protests? only mpr files should be uploaded...@ cP & T7R

yeah... I'm, gonna upload a 20 mb replay... so the admins can ff direct to to incident (as its so easy in lfs to skip 20 laps of a replay not to speak of the fabuless repeat function).... come on.

we were asked to upload vid last time, to make it easier (less time intensive for the admins)
Quote from DaveWS :Ok.

Decision of the officials is as follows:

Protest #1: As there is no rule on the books to handle this incident, and as we tacitly gave him approval to rejoin (telling other drivers to give room as he came through), we cannot penalize for this. We will make a post-race statement regarding future incidents of this nature. No penalty.

Protest #2: As the pass was started when the 11 was already all the way over to the left and as both cars were already back to the right by the time braking started, the claim of "moving [you] over" seems unjust. As for turning in on you, it is our opinion that he simply got loose on corner entry and you failed to compensate. This is not an example of great driving on either driver's part, but it is hardly intentional and not penalizable. No penalty.

Protest #3: The 17 car was ahead throughout the turn and held a tight line but did not turn in on the 11. The 11 fails to adjust and runs into its side. No penalty.
Quote from three_jump :incident involving cars #21 (GT1, red car) and #23 (GT2, blue white car): http://www.mediafire.com/?bggddwcct4v

Similar to protest #3 in the previous post. The 21 car pushes a bit wide but there is still plenty of room on the outside of the 23. There is glancing side to side contact/rubbing and some of LFS's regrettably wacky physics come into play. Both drivers could have given more room, and it's unfortunate that it resulted in a spin for one car, but there is no flagrant poor driving here. No penalty.
Protest against: 18 - Marcel Opfer (GT1)

Lap 56, three turns past Sector 2 split

I gave him the inside to pass. He went the inside, and then abruptly moved to the right, tagging my LR, sending me spinning into the left wall. Sustained left side control arm damage to both left side tires.

replay: http://www.mediafire.com/?6ldycilw1lm
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Both drivers could have given more room, and it's unfortunate that it resulted in a spin for one car, but there is no flagrant poor driving here. No penalty.

so should I go off the track everytime a gt1 car wants to pass at any costs?
About the videos/replays: at times it can be better to have a replay available. Most of the times the incidents are pretty clear cut, so it is enough to have a vid, as long as it covers enough and is of the heli cam. Covering enough means a couple (~10-15s) before and after the actual contact.

Keep the replay, though, we might ask for it after all.
Quote from Hoellsen :Covering enough means a couple (~10-15s) before and after the actual contact.

Yes. For example, it would be better to have more of the aftermath of the second T7R protest.
Quote from three_jump :incident involving car #04 (GT1) and #23 (GT2).

http://www.mediafire.com/?bnjd1cet9c3

he kicked me of the track resulting in a spin for me (lost 15 seconds)

The 04 car made avoidable contact (plenty of room to the right) and the 23 didn't do anything to confuse him. This resulted in a spin for the 23 that cost them considerable time. The 04 will be assessed a DT penalty for this infraction.
Quote from banshee56 :Protest against: 18 - Marcel Opfer (GT1)

I gave him the inside to pass. He went the inside, and then abruptly moved to the right, tagging my LR, sending me spinning into the left wall. Sustained left side control arm damage to both left side tires.

Would it be possible for you to make a short video of this incident (after your stint, of course)?
-
(RudiTurbo) DELETED by RudiTurbo
-
(traxxion) DELETED by traxxion : quoted post deleted
-
(lastpunisher) DELETED by lastpunisher
Quote from three_jump :incident involving car #04 (GT1) and #23 (GT2).

http://www.mediafire.com/?bnjd1cet9c3

he kicked me of the track resulting in a spin for me (lost 15 seconds)

My side of a view, i was in slipstream in turn to the left, and when i got to the point when i had to turn right then, i couldnt do it fast enough cos t7r moved with me at the same time, so i slightly touched his rigth rear tyre, tho that wasnt the rpoblem, cos i lost controll over the car after that... u cannot see that little pump on the video which cost my loss of controll
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Would it be possible for you to make a short video of this incident (after your stint, of course)?

It's not too hard to get to, just two laps into the stint.
Rudi and Lastpunisher share a house (and bed) so I'm guessing he meant to quote the complaint about car 04 which was the one he was driving.

You can see why the contact was made, the T7R moves accross the road, not rapidly or un expectedly but it seems that was enough to spark it off, seems a racing incident to me... But the one where the FXR takes T7R out is clear cut, should have known the GT2 car was on his outside and really, T7R car only had another 1m on the outside, which arolund a corner is more than enough room for passing GT1s.

Just on the note of the Pod car being allowed to rejoin, the warm up lap should all be single file, he didn;t take himself out as the space he was in should have been his only.

Now, Just a question of the start, what's with the line of the clonwpaint car? At some points he was overlapping with with the line ahead of him and when the green flag was dropped, had he been in the correct position would have been scraping the rear of the car infront.
Attached images
cp.JPG
The start was indeed a mess all over.
Quote from rcpilot :It's not too hard to get to, just two laps into the stint.

Indeed, it would take me longer to make a movie than it would to fast forward 2 laps into the replay to see the incident....

Though, I'll give it a shot.
Dont know how to make a video and everytime I try to upload the replay I get an error message.

#16 Ch. Hörenbaum -Lap 140/141
Blocked me although he had blue flag and then he sent me onto the gras.
Quote from M4ver1ck :Dont know how to make a video and everytime I try to upload the replay I get an error message.

#16 Ch. Hörenbaum -Lap 140
Blocked me although he had blue flag and then he sent me onto the gras.

Where are you trying to upload it / how big is the file?
Quote from banshee56 :Protest against: 18 - Marcel Opfer (GT1)

The 18 car made avoidable contact while 29 left room on the left side. This resulted in a spin for 29 that cost them considerable time. Car 18 will be assessed a DT penalty for this infraction.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG