The online racing simulator
6h of Westhill: Final Grid & Pre-Race Notes
Final Grid is as follows:

Pre-Race Notes/Reminders:

Just like I posted before the 12 hours of Kyoto GP race, I want to put down some notes here to remind all the teams of what to prepare for.
  • Read through our rules and make sure you understand everything regarding the race procedures and behaviour.
  • You can communicate with other teams and admins in the MoE IRC channel on GameSurge @ #moe. If you have a complaint during the race, contact any admin present via the LFS Forum through PM, or on IRC. If it is a crash complaint, you need to have a replay handy, and submit your complaint within 1 hour.
  • Admins and other teams may also be on our new Teamspeak server. IP: 85.25.146.202:2007 - PW: moe
  • You can use Race Spectator v0.2 to connect to the MOE server and spectate the drivers with a simple bird's eye view. Relay Host: lfs.net | Relay Port: 47474
Good luck, and safe racing!
Just for info:
#10 will not start due to not enough available drivers. I'm sorry

Admins are already informed. Good race @all!
Couldn't find the link at last minute, so I just put up v0.1. Thanks for the link :up:
Reset-Penalties (Shift-S, Shift-P) will be added AFTER the race finishes since our tracker-guru is not at home currently. Just be aware of that in possible lapping situations.
We have had a few notifications about changed drivers / misspelled drivers: These things can only be corrected after the race. That also means, the laps done by i.e. SK's new third driver can only be added after the race. Sorry for the inconvenience, but we have currently no access to the output side of the tracker.

Their laps will be recorded, just not shown right now.
Cant a back-end system be built for these issues? rather than what would appear to be working directly within the database? Would allow these issues to be dealt with much quicker by those admins available for the round.

Shouldnt be too hard, particularly compared to what has been acheived getting the tracker as far as it is.
It can, if you give us the manpower to do it. The problem is, compared to two years ago, that we all are working nowadays. That lessens the time available to invest into coding stuff.
What language is it in? if its php+sql and you give me a dummy sql database i could probably get the basics available to the admins as it kinda makes things hard to get your head around when laps stop being counted (visually at least) and the data isnt as accurate as it could be.
No idea which language it is in. All I know is that Wolle who did all the backend stuff for www.lfs-tracker.de has further plans to simplify matters but simply has no time to realize them at the moment.
I've sent him an email, he is using php/sql by the looks of things so it shouldnt be a problem. You only need to modify driver line-up details, add/remove -1 lap penalties, and +30sec after-race penalties? those should be simple enough, and if Wolle sticks it in a passworded folder it wont need any user verification in the scripting which saves a bit of messing (bott reset is 'public' as i'd guess MoE's is too).
2 things:
Wolle aint replied yet, i'll pm him but not running round after him to offer to spend my time adding something to his site.

The 'final grid' its kinda wrong, right? no #14 (they did laps in session 2) and #10 listed despite not taking part. No comment in the penalties thread suggesting their times were removed.
Only noticed it because im entering the results into a db and theres some weird things in there, and the race results dont help much either going off the final position and the +/- column.

I also spotted at least 1 case of non-specified drivers doing the teams qualifying laps, which im pretty sure is against the rules isnt it? sure ive seen something about a driver not being allowed to qualify because they werent listed in this season. Only reason i spotted that was down to the p*ss poor image quality for the sessions results and had to go off surname because the car number wasnt readable, so its possible there are multiple cases considering i only went hunting for 2 surnames from 5 (legit) qualifying rounds.
Quote from PaulC2K :
I also spotted at least 1 case of non-specified drivers doing the teams qualifying laps, which im pretty sure is against the rules isnt it? sure ive seen something about a driver not being allowed to qualify because they werent listed in this season. Only reason i spotted that was down to the p*ss poor image quality for the sessions results and had to go off surname because the car number wasnt readable, so its possible there are multiple cases considering i only went hunting for 2 surnames from 5 (legit) qualifying rounds.

During the formation of the grid we already came across these issues and have corrected them, but thanks for mentioning although you're 9 days late.

Yes, certain things didn't really go as well, but remind you that of the people around to admin most of them were new admins for MoE. There were still some unclear things, but in the end it all went pretty well. We were able to held the race, and were able to provide the results and standings for this and last round.
Yes, there is room for improvement. We are totally aware of that and are working to get back to the level of quality MoE used to provide (and if possible increase this level to higher standards). It just requires some time and manpower.
not sure if your commenting on more than you've quoted, the '9 days late' bit im guessing is to the missing #14 car, yeah i know its late and no use now, just spotted it as i was entering info and was suprised it hadnt been mentioned by someone in that car, but hey ho.

The 'illegal' driver wasnt this weekend, not sure if you're implying you know of anyone that did it for westhill but that wasnt where i'd spotted it. Wasnt interested in starting a thread to whine about it, but as i was entering this rounds details and spotted an issue, and leaving a message for Hoellsen i figured i'd just highlight that it had been done, no name dropping, just a pointer that i'd spotted it had been done and probably gone unnoticed.

p.s your V.D. link is buggered, needs the http malarky behind it.
As long as the "illegal" driver does not do quali sessions or race for another team, he is not illegal. Of course he should be part of the regular team (meaning the team that entered the car), but if a team decides to hire another driver purely for qualifying reasons, it's up to them.

Teams enter cars, not drivers. Needing to announce the drivers before a race only has one reason and that is that we need to get the tracker working.
okay, though i still think they should be named, even if the do the sunday session and put the named list up on the thursday or whenever the deadline is, if thats the list of people taking part this round then IMO it should be said so. but w/e

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG