The online racing simulator
GFC Testimonials
#2 - Jakg
Whats the GFC? I haven't heard about it till now...

Me neither. Where is the testimonials page for Formula 1?
With over 18,000 posts between you maybe it's time you put down the keyboard and picked up the steering wheel.

One more race left - sign up and show us what you've got
#5 - Jakg
Me and Bob were making a little joke about Gentlefoots self-publication of the GFC.
#6 - Dru
Aren't testimonials for when people die or retire???
Quote from Jakg :Me and Bob were making a little joke about Gentlefoots self-publication of the GFC.

It's a pretty old joke and in fact it's been done to death now. I'm starting to get very tired of it. It's especially annoying when it happens in a thread which is part of the Gentlefoot Challenge subforum. What exactly would you expect me to write in this section??

Maybe I will start following people around adding pointless comments too. Oh no, that's right - I remember - I do have a life.
Quote from Jakg :Me and Bob were making a little joke about Gentlefoots self-publication of the GFC.

Yes, I know.

I know you are too busy inflating your post count with useless comments, but there are many people who appreciate the work that people who run leagues and servers put in. My point was that if you perhaps stopped inflating your ego on here and went for a blast in LFS (it's a driving simulator BTW) then you might see that too.
Quote from Dru :Aren't testimonials for when people die or retire???

Lol, I always knew that LFS was a near-death experience.

If it wasn't for Gentlefoot's self-publication of the GFC then I would have missed out on the best 6 months of racing I've ever had so it, unlike your comments, was useful to someone. I don't see what Gentlefoot has done wrong here, he's never hijacked anybody's thread's to publicise his projects, only promoting them when it's been related to the subject matter in hand, which might be rather handy to someone you know.
Yeah I have to agree, over the past year I had a hell lot of fun in the GFC. If I compare with all the other series I've done so far the GFC is very high in my books.
#12 - Jakg
Quote from Storm_Cloud :My point was that if you perhaps stopped inflating your ego on here and went for a blast in LFS (it's a driving simulator BTW) then you might see that too.

WTH.

I'm sure that the GFC is a well run event, i'm not saying it isn't, it's just that Gentlefoot's self publication is quite... humorous to the rest of the forum.

Without bragging, i DO go for blasts in LFS and do leagues (ie the STCC), and i didn't make the post to inflate my post count (ffs it's a number - think of something more imaginative to attack me on :shrug
Not interested. I've made my point.
#14 - Nobo
GF has my highest respect as he is running everything on its own, which is a hell lot of work.
His page has some special offers like setups and track guides and i see no reason why he shouldnt announce that in the certain sections.
And i see nothing wrong promoting his series with these quotes in his subsection, even if he does that 100 times.

The feedback that i got from my team mate Tob is very positive, the only thing the lack of FO8 is a pity (even though you often hear people shouting in the forums "the FO8 isnt used enough", join here and show you really like that car, instead of just complaining!!)
Quote from Jakg :WTH.

I'm sure that the GFC is a well run event, i'm not saying it isn't, it's just that Gentlefoot's self publication is quite... humorous to the rest of the forum.

Why? humorous?

Positive, helpful and constructive would be my choice of words.

What are your comments Jak?

Negative, unhelpful and destructive.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG