The online racing simulator
MoE in Serious Jeopardy
This thread is somewhat hard to post, but yet it needs to be done.

MoE currently is in serious jeopardy of being able to pull off the rest of the season. We do not have a problem with doing pre- and inbetween race organizing, but we are seriously short on manpower during raceweeks (qualifying sessions, race). As it is right now, we have lost two of the admins we pulled onboard before the season and are therefore down to 1 person who could technically administer a race (me). Another person is in a totally different timezone and has some strange connection problem that doesn't allow him to go online with LFS (Tweak) and a third one is MiA.

Personally, I do not have the time to do every race (actually, I don't have the time currently to do any race), so as it looks right now, we have no one to administer the races. That, obviously, makes it very hard to impossible to run decently organized races.

So, unless we find people willing to help during race days by being there in IRC for questions, running the SC, giving the start signal and working on appeals and protests, MoE can't be run anymore. It would be a very sad and disappointing end to the season (and to MoE), but real life reasons and other stuff sometimes do not allow for different measures.

Therefore: we need to find folks helping with above mentioned matters. In my mind, the best option were if the participating teams were willing to nominate one person of their team to share the workload for the upcoming races. That way, workload would be reduced and shared between those entities that actually profit from the work being done.

However, if folks can be found that are willing to come onboard full time, that would be most appreciated as well.

For any further questions and everything else, pls use this thread or 'admins _at_ mastersofendurance.eu.
I'll see what I can do to get someone from CoRe to help out.

Sad that it's come to this.

edit: I'd rather see the series put on hiatus than see it staffed by incompetents, though, so please be selective in who you accept to help out. :]
Friendly /bump, let's hope MoE will pull through.
Paulie!

Edit: I convinced DeadWolfBones to help out, I have mad hypnotic skills. :o
Btw, I'd be willing to help out with non-raceday activities. I still very much want to race, so I don't think I could help admin during the race itself.

If it really comes down to it, I might be able to, but I wouldn't want to make it a permanent thing.

I'll try and arrange something within F1RST. Most likely a variable person will be able to help out.
No one is more variable than the Appmeister!

Sorry to hear about the adminning problems, I suggested to Paulie it would be a great chance for him to practice what he preaches but I think he likes writing 2thousand word posts more.
Any help would be appreciated.

My connections issues are strange, and I think it is in part due to connecting to servers over in Europe. But my ISP is really lame, and people are filing FCC complaints over all the crap they are limiting. I just cannot stay connected in a server with say... 20 or more people. If I join the MoE races, I just timeout/get disconnected in about 5 minutes or so. It's not my LFS install, nor could be anything else hardware wise I think, because other games work fine. Something is just not handling LFS properly... or feels overloaded. The same applies for any other server with multiple people playing on it (eg Conedodgers or CTRA). I've been able to play LFS online, but that is with a small grid.

Strange, but I could very well just be reviewing replays . This is also why I was not in the server for the 12hour race, I was out in IRC handling things, with Alex handling everything inside the server.

Another thing to note, and I feel it is important... is that my time spent on MoE for the last few weeks was to try and get sponsor deals for MoE. Being a little late after the season started, I figured it wouldn't be a problem, but still hard to obtain (hence the post about my "surprise"). I have good connections through Logitech, and they told me they'd surely set us up with some sponsor deals, and we had the potential to get prizes, easily. I was excited about this, and pursued it. The further down the line I got to someone 'official', I was soon rejected for various reasons. The web stream was not active for these last two races, and they want a large amount of website hits. They prefer to have massive amounts of website hits, and I already know our site does NOT, sigh. So it was really spun back around at me, and wasn't what I expected. Because some employees there said it would be really easy to setup, apparently not. That said, I was also preparing all the car templates to have a lot of Logitech material on them, because it is what they would've required. All that work down the drain, so I am in the process of starting fresh and basic ones with just the MoE logo .

This doesn't mean I am just going to give up with sponsor ideas. I was talking to Vykos about all this, he was shocked at the bullshit too.... so what I have in mind to improve things around here is going to take some time (new site, new look). It may even only be around for next season (or the remainder of this season), so if we get plenty of support to keep this running I can be assured my time spent to improve things will be worth it, and you guys can get your sponsors/prizes and such .
Hope all this gets sorted out because i would hate to see MoE stopping since it was my first ever league.

Appie is da man when it comes to admin i should know he did a better job than me at running my own event lol.

I would love to help myself but due to having problems to get time to race i really want to concentrate on racing rather than running for now.

I dont think MoE will have any problems because of the interest in the league.
Definatly hope you guys can sort something out! I'm totally looking forward to my first race in MOE at WE.
Quote from mcintyrej :Definatly hope you guys can sort something out!

i think its more like We have a problem.
because on the end of the day , we want to drive.

the hole problem of all of us is that we only can use or time once!

and my priority is this year school > work.
and after that lfs>moe.

i dont think that i am the only one with this problem

but now we need too solve the problem,

is it maybe a , idea to have less work during the race and more work after the race ,
because then drivers/ racers also can help.

for exmple , no penalty's during the race ,
we just look at the protest after the race and make penalty's like +30sec or +1lap.
we also can check for cutting after the race.

the problem about this system is that you dont know the finish results before the final list is puplished.

(i am also dont know how this problem, WE just need more real life less guys :shrug

greets,

Reint Jan
This sounds like the ideal scenario for me as I'm looking to set up a new racing league next spring, but unfortunately my present pc can't handle large grids, (very old spec now, but was reasonable when I bought it). I hope you do recruit guys to help out as it would be a real shame to lose MoE, especially with the publicity you've got from SRT.
Quote from Nick Brad :This sounds like the ideal scenario for me as I'm looking to set up a new racing league next spring, but unfortunately my present pc can't handle large grids, (very old spec now, but was reasonable when I bought it). I hope you do recruit guys to help out as it would be a real shame to lose MoE, especially with the publicity you've got from SRT.

MoE Races are in S2? Unless you follow the season with the streams or something

But i certainly hope something can get sorted out with the admin of MoE. Its a league i very much love to drive in, and it would be a shame to lose it. I'll have a word with Fusion Racing to see how we may be able to assist.
TEAMSPORT-ONLINE supports a teamspeak server
Would be great if we can handle a meeting in the next week in TeamSpeak or IRC to sort things out. Who will help, who can help and what is possible for most of the teams to support the league admins. Everybody, who can or wanna help, is very welcome! The IP of that teamspeak-server is at the bottom of this posting.

Date: 11.11.2007 - 18:00 CET

Our team is supporting the MoE with a teamspeak-server, that can be used by every team for free and where all friends can join also.
All teamcaptains get free CA rights to administer their own channel.
Inside this teamspeak we also announce all informations and interviews around the MoE during the broadcastings.

Name: Masters of Endurance
TS-IP: 85.25.146.202:2007
PW: moe

We hope, all of you are glad to have this one for a better communication.

****UPDATE****
Teamspeak is now ready to use. Every team has its own team-room. For administration, every teamcaptian can send me a private message, so i can give rights. Remember, you have to register first in teamspeak over "Self/Register with Server".
Nice work with the teamspeak, ive added it to my server list.

Anyways, imo with 28 teams +/- 100 drivers there surely are some guys who could give some support to the admins, fill in some empty work spaces.

I simply cannot and will not believe that the MoE series will stop before or after the next race. That would be ridicules. Ahhh well see....
question;
what are we going to do , and what is going to happen?
i saw the post of tweaker that he is working on new skin, is this mean that we will finish the season.

i am asking this because i dont want to prac my ass of , and at the end of the they we dont have a race.

can we maybe have a update with some information,

Greets,

Reint Jan
Huh?

The season will finish as scheduled... we have 4 more races left to complete here. I am working on the skin stuff simply because it needs to be done... not because the season is going to end :doh:

We are talking with a few people that are offering to help, and have already accepted a few I think. Just prepare for the Westhill race as planned, we should be ok when that time comes.
wait a sec ,
first you/ moe admins are saying that we have to less admins,
and now i am asking or we have allready new admins.

is this a so stupid qestion ,

dont think so?

greetz
reintjan, thats what he said:

Quote from Tweaker :We are talking with a few people that are offering to help, and have already accepted a few I think. Just prepare for the Westhill race as planned, we should be ok when that time comes.

i mean this part
Quote :
Huh?

The season will finish as scheduled...

i cant quess what happened allready!

greets,

Reintjan
Yeah, the admins could have been more clear that the season would go forward, but I guess they haven't nailed down the roster of added help and didn't want to officially announce anything yet.
As it looks right now, we will be able to finish. Upon this post we have had a few people coming up offering their help. We would still gladly have more, so don't think just because it is not as urgent anymore, we will not look for more help. The situation is just not quite as serious anymore.
Quote from Hoellsen :As it looks right now, we will be able to finish. Upon this post we have had a few people coming up offering their help. We would still gladly have more, so don't think just because it is not as urgent anymore, we will not look for more help. The situation is just not quite as serious anymore.

thx , for the post

greets,

Reint Jan
One thing is for sure though, we are going to need a lot more support with new admins in the 24 hour race in January. So please, keep those applications coming, more help is welcome.
Also you must, take into consideration, the 24h race, which requires doubled if not tripled man power, given the length of the race, and the fact that everyone is able to stay up 2 whole days.

LE. Sorry tweak, didnt see your post, sorry for the double posting

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG