The online racing simulator
Quote from BenjiMC :18 CD1 DSQ, took the wrong route.

[CD] BreadC's wheel disconnected itself in LFS
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Especially since the car would have had to run the entire lap at reduced speed and been an obstacle for others.

Quote from MARSH2a :Like other last place cars...

Yep, and it's the responsibility of the driver who is having problems to stay out of the racing line, like people who are getting blue flag.
It's a race so there's something not clear there...
Quote from Lotesdelere :Yep, and it's the responsibility of the driver who is having problems to stay out of the racing line, like people who are getting blue flag.
It's a race so there's something not clear there...

I agree, except that there are many blind corners on this track that could have caught drivers out.

It was a judgment call (made by Benji).
Quote from BenjiMC :Thats a different speed difference.

The only difference is between a car which is still able to join the pits by its own and a car which is damaged enough or stuck anywhere so it may be a danger for the other ones.
Otherwise you can't call it a race.
By the way the config.ini will give strange results as one of the CORE named team members is also driving one of the course cars.

The way it works is adds up all the laps done by the team members so CORE also get the laps done by 2 drivers at a time, however LFS does not do that.

I also hope someone will explain why a safety car came out or a puncture, and why the team gained from it.
My reasons for my decision are:
  • Puncture at the start of the lap
  • The car is unsafe to drive with a puncture
Edit: The team gained from it because they started better, they were 5th-7th at the restart.
TDRT #21 out at 1:24, flipped in last corner.
Quote from BenjiMC :My reasons for my decision are:

It is safe. We did practice to drive with popped tyres, not our problem is the other teams didn't.
There is deffo something to be sorted out for the next season there.
I would agree that we need to more clearly define what constitutes grounds for a yellow. There has to be wiggle room for judgment calls, though.
Quote from Lotesdelere :It is safe. We did practice to drive with popped tyres, not our problem is the other teams didn't.
There is deffo something to be sorted out for the next season there.

I have to agree with you. Our team practiced to ensure we would only go as far as the tires would allow between stops.

If contact was the reason for the punture then obviously the damage was enough to warrant a pit before the tire blew.

Anyway, fun race going on. Shame about the DNFs so early in the race.
And FWIW, no CoRe member was involved in the decision making for that SC period. Benji decided it.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :And FWIW, no CoRe member was involved in the decision making for that SC period. Benji decided it.

That's not what I meant.
The only question is: are you going to get out the SC for every driver who is going to pop a tyre ?
Quote from Lotesdelere :That's not what I meant.
The only question is: are you going to get out the SC for every driver who is going to pop a tyre ?

They have to. Precedent has been set.
If we believe it is in a position on the track whereby it warrants one. The first corner of the circuit imo is one of these positions.
Tires blown toward the end of the lap might not get that treatment. It was a special circumstance where the 23 blew its tire going into the first corner.

For instance, Unity blew one in the third sector and there was no flag.
Does anyone have a first stint replay they can share?
I would, but it's still recording.
I do, but my PC has already timed out so i dont wanna risk the upload.
Quote from BenjiMC :My reasons for my decision are:
  • Puncture at the start of the lap
Edit: The team gained from it because they started better, they were 5th-7th at the restart.

If the car was unsafe if should have pulled off the track but it limped back to the pits losing nothing. In a real race yellow flags would have been waived but no way would a safety car come out for a puncture.

You made a decision but I am afraid most poeple will feel you made the wrong decision.

The IGTC is either serious or a bit of fun, if its serious and you want to attract all the big teams back you need to sort this out.
Quote from birder :You made a decision and but I am afraid most poeple will feel you made the wrong decision. (exept CORE)

Actually, both mine and Brian's gut reactions were against the SC, but I feel that it could have gone either way.

BigTime, of course, wanted the yellow, but what driver wouldn't in that situation?
Quote from birder :
The IGTC is either serious or a bit of fun, if its serious and you want to attract all the big teams back you need to sort this out.

IMO next season, a car that causes a safety car, should get a stop and go.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG