The online racing simulator
2007-2008 SimRS Rallycross World Series

RULES/REGULATIONS/INFORMATION: HERE

INTRODUCTION
The goal of the 2007 SimRS Rallycross World Series is to create a competitive, team-oriented, international rallycross championship. The World Series will encourage individuals to form teams based on nationality that will battle against similar teams in a multi-round, ladder-based championship. Each event will feature two nations, three heats, and three different car/course combinations. Teams will earn points based on each member's individual performance, and the team that collects the most points will move on to the next round. Registration is REQUIRED to participate in the World Series championship, and teams will be organized on a first-come, first-serve basis. Each team will be allowed to register reserve drivers who may act as replacements before or during an event. Registration information can be found below. The 2007-2007 World Series will begin in mid-to-late December, and will only take a couple of weeks to complete. Specific event scheduling will be handled once the competitor registration deadline has been reached.
REGISTRATION

REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Sunday, December 2nd 2007

Registration is necessary to participate in the 2007-2008 Rallycross World Series. The championship will be limited to eight teams unless there is significant interest in expanding to sixteen teams. The following information must be given in order for your request to be accepted:

Live for Speed Username
Email Address
GMT Offset (Time Zone)
Real Name
Nationality
Subregion (if applicable)

Please do not submit any registration unless you feel that you'll be able to commit to the entire championship or have another driver who could replace you.

Registration will be handled on a first-come, first-serve basis, thus early registration is suggested. SimRS will not accept any registration application in lieu of another individual.

By submitting a registration application you are confirming that you have read and fully understand all of the information presented in THIS document, and accept the responsibility of reading any future supplementary bulletins.

COMPETITORS CAN REGISTER BY EMAILING xenovitalis@yahoo.com WITH THE NECESSARY INFORMATION, OR BY VISITING http://www.simrs.com/worldseries AND USING THE ENTRY FORM AVAILABLE THERE.

MORE INFORMATION CAN BE FOUND HERE.

how bout a current entry list
Can I chose freely between XFG/XRG in that class and between FXO/XRT in that class? Or do I have to start making rally setups for cars I have never used in rally?
Quote from Aquilifer :Can I chose freely between XFG/XRG in that class and between FXO/XRT in that class? Or do I have to start making rally setups for cars I have never used in rally?

You'll be able to choose whichever car you want.
Just to be sure, there will be reversed tracks, right?
According to the docs the Finals are in January 2007
Quote from F.Rizzo :According to the docs the Finals are in January 2007

Oops! Good call.
Maybe we could use some advertisement. We have N teams all having 1-2 racers. And you need 3 members to join
Quote from Aquilifer :Maybe we could use some advertisement. We have N teams all having 1-2 racers. And you need 3 members to join

I meant to do a small article announcing that registration was up for LFS News over the weekend, but got bogged down by Western Civ I homework.

I'd also like to make another forum banner, and would appreciate it if drivers made the rounds across the more localized LFS boards (typically in languages I have no way of comprehending).
I just sent an email to LFS News with the article, hopefully we'll see it up soon!
Anyone willing to come up with some 'generic' skins that could be used for the World Series? It would just need to be a simple design that could be altered to include the country name and national colors.

I'd need a consistent design for the XFG, XRG, FXO, XRT, and RB4.

EDIT: The forum banner should be up soon, keep your eyes peeled!
Quote from XenoWolf :Anyone willing to come up with some 'generic' skins that could be used for the World Series? It would just need to be a simple design that could be altered to include the country name and national colors.

I'd need a consistent design for the XFG, XRG, FXO, XRT, and RB4.

EDIT: The forum banner should be up soon, keep your eyes peeled!

I could maybe whip up something. Although I think competitors should use their own skins..etc. Creativity is a good thing in league's I think. Rather than sticking to a colour scheme.
Hi xeno,
i´m interested. If there´re racers from germany, who´re interested in creating Team Germany, post here.
greetz noSkill
Quote from ACLRacer :Hi xeno,
i´m interested. If there´re racers from germany, who´re interested in creating Team Germany, post here.
greetz noSkill

I'm expecting one or two (from Elite Squad) but they haven't submitted registrations yet.
Am I the only one getting a '500 Internal Server Error' when trying to view the SimRS website?
Yeah. If you try the main page then yes. I think they are offline now. The registration page works though.
Oh yeah, you're right. Silly me for not trying that link in the first place.

Thanks.
I will check if Sweden is interested in this competition. I think we are....but I'm not sure. I will let you know when I know about it.
Quote from Kronvall :I will check if Sweden is interested in this competition. I think we are....but I'm not sure. I will let you know when I know about it.

Great! I appreciate it.

I've just fixed it so the main page redirects to the World Series registration.
Hi,
Elite Squad, Stocky and Lococost, its fine but they will form Team Belgium.
greetz noGrip (still noTeam)
I've been thinking about the skin question.

How about a country skin, similar to TrackMania Nations style. Would make sense seeing as it's being run as country teams.
the TM nations cars looked an awful lot like A1GP
Even so I think it could work with this series.
Something similar to the Challenge Cup skins are what I had in mind. The only problem is that we'll be using five different cars and would need a consistent theme. I'm not stressing too much about it though, it would just help out making coherent screenshots/videos.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG