The online racing simulator

Poll : Race schedule?

No change.
Race & qual on same day but 5hr earlier.
Qual 1 wk. earlier, race on orig. date but 4hr earlier.
Round 8 Time Adjustment?
Hello racers!

As some of you have no doubt noticed, the upcoming 8th and final round of the IGTC season is on the same day and overlaps with a round of the BOTT. Since at least a couple of our teams also partcipate in the BOTT, and since ASR TV is also broadcasting BOTT, we are considering shifting the start time of the race and possibly the date of qualifying.

We are offering you three options for the round's schedule.

Option 1: No change. Qualifying at 19:00 UTC, race at 19:45 UTC, Oct. 20.

Option 2: Qualifying at 14:00 UTC, race at 14:45 UTC, Oct. 20.

Option 3: Qualifying one week earlier, Oct. 13 @ 19:00 UTC. Race at 15:00 UTC, Oct. 20.

Comments/suggestions welcome as always.

This poll is to gauge community interest, but as always the final decision rests with the IGTC admins.

Thanks!
As a side note. We are considering changing the format of races next season to the third option.

We are considering this because:
a) It saves time on race day so we can all get some sleep in Europe
b) It allows us to review each qualifying time and check for cutting
c) This will be a bit more noticeable than just a thread to confirm entry for the race. However the confirmation thread will remain for tracker information.
TDRT votes for

"Option 2: Qualifying at 14:00 UTC, race at 14:45 UTC, Oct. 20."

and not option 3 ( or 1 ) because the 16h of Aston Historic race has just started oct. 13th at 1900 UTC.

Additionally we dont want to train 2 tracks at the same time/week. Therefore Option 2.

Regards R.Kolz
Qually time could be changed to a time to suit.
Option 2 for me.
It doesn't make sense to me to have the qualify one week before the race.
In all cases it's always better to keep the focus on only one event/track at the same time.
If the time is changed then Moo cannot make this race. The cows have arranged to come to my house on the Saturday so we can do this race, would be a shame not to be able to do it.
Yea, what Danny said.

Its all aranged for us to go to his for the week and the highlight is racing in the IGTC together. *Wipes brown from nose*

I have been practising for a while in that God awful car for this race too...

Pleeeeeeeeeeeease don't change it...Infact, I vote for /lock
No chance of you guys getting there earlier?
Sorry nope, they get to Leeds just after 2pm but we wouldn't get back to mine and get everything setup until about 4pm. (They're already having to leave at 6am to get here for that time so leaving earlier isn't an option).

I know you can't base the decision off one team but please take it into consideration

EDIT: Just remembered about BST being an hour later. It still doesn't give us much time. 4pm UTC is probably the earliest we could make, sorry.
Quote from Lotesdelere :Option 2 for me.
It doesn't make sense to me to have the qualify one week before the race.
In all cases it's always better to keep the focus on only one event/track at the same time.

Agree with this! But I vote for option 1, as i often work day or night, also saturdays, so if it´s on the middle of the day, i can´t participate at all.

It would make it even more diificult to come to both qualifying and race, if it´s on different days. F.ex. I work every second saturday, so this way i would miss the qualifying! Keep it combined or make the qualifying shorter. f.ex. 15 minutes. People has already trained so much, so a decent time could be made in 15 minutes.
Quote from Leifde :Sorry nope, they get to Leeds just after 2pm but we wouldn't get back to mine and get everything setup until about 4pm. (They're already having to leave at 6am to get here for that time so leaving earlier isn't an option).

I know you can't base the decision off one team but please take it into consideration

EDIT: Just remembered about BST being an hour later. It still doesn't give us much time. 4pm UTC is probably the earliest we could make, sorry.

Hmm, what about quali earlier during the week eg. Wednesday, and race at 4UTC? Then you could make it... Need to check with my team first though. We're having a bit of trouble with one of our members getting married and others attending, on a double fixture weekend This means we have no chance of fielding the second car
Quali sometime in the week and a race at 4 UTC would probably work. I'll talk to my team-mates tonight.
Instead, what about making 2 qualify times (but it should only be possible to qualify in one of them) The one should be as normal, because those who already participates, have already proved that´s a ok time for them. For those few, who prefere another time, get the extra qualify possiblity. But DON´t change anything regaring the race it self. It will be bad.
Well, the entire point of the poll is that we need to shift the race earlier to make it not conflict with BOTT...
Well, what would you all say to moving the event a week back?
FWIW - Personally, I have no conflicts with a time change; however I would lament for us to disenfranchise Moo, who has prepared for this event in advance with the impression it would be as scheduled like all other events.
That is still an option, it would just conflict with the broadcast.
Quote from BenjiMC :Well, what would you all say to moving the event a week back?

It´s not possible for me because of work. This weekend or 2 weekends later is ok.
I guess the only real option is keeping it the same or adjusting the times so that we get the beginning and ending hours of the race. That would mean moving the race 1 hour forward. As it is now it would only be 15 minutes of the beginning of the race, not accounting for BoTT qually.
Quote from Humbleridderen :It´s not possible for me because of work. This weekend or 2 weekends later is ok.

I'm in exactly the same boat on this one.

Edit -> scratch that, 20th is my last free weekend for a long time.
1 hour forward? It would start at 6pm UTC then, right? That would be the best for us, it would give us a bit of time for last minute practice.
I vote for option 1 leave it alone. Teams should have enough drivers to compete in both if they are entered in both.
Quote from racer hero :I vote for option 1 leave it alone. Teams should have enough drivers to compete in both if they are entered in both.

It isn't about the drivers mate, it's about the live broadcast.

An evening start would be best for SR, but I think 1 hour earlier wouldn't be a big issue.
-
(srdsprinter) DELETED by srdsprinter : bah
Well, I still need to discuss this with Benji, but my feeling is that we have no realistic choice but to keep the original time/date and worry about the broadcasts next season.

We should have a final decision shortly, but I wouldn't expect anything radically different.
Bummer about teh broadcast. Glad this will keep it open to most of the teams though.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG