The online racing simulator
#1 - Kaw
Round 4 Race Discussion
I'd like to know who did the Restarting stunt at server 2 ?
afaik we did 2 laglaps.. too much lag during 1st laglap.. then on the first actual start of the race there was a car warping/flying through the grid that must've hit several cars including me, then we did a restart.

oh and there's already a thread about this
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=32132
I gave up, starting a lap down is hard enough, without having to worry about blue flags, I was VERY mindfull of the frankly pathetic penalty I got from the last race about blue flags.

Even being quicker than those I was getting blue flags off last time, and this time, it was still in the back of my mind, and in the end I felt like I was wasting my time.
#4 - Kaw
There was 3 lag "races" if I remember

Quote :Race Restarts
There will be no Restarts. Unless there is a serious problem with the server or grid spots

This is by FAR the most stupid thing I've EVER seen
Quote from Kaw :There was 3 lag "races" if I remember

This is by FAR the most stupid thing I've EVER seen

There were 2 lag laps, and a mass crash cause of lag at the first start. Deal with it.
yes, it was laggy and we had to do another lag lap, and also we waited for danwot, and race restart happen because after 5 sec of race half field was flying around because of lag, so we restarted quickly and had great race then. 2 cutters have been punished
Just want to forget this one happened. Qualified way off my potential pace (worst ever quali relative to actual pace), 1st ever league race dnf for me iirc (hit the chicane tires and barrel rolled off the track), and started the race out by getting the left half of my car destroyed 3 laps in as an innocent bystander.
well i had a few close calls but no deliberate track cutting
why to name them?
tbh, ant you were close to dt, very close and leader too, be happy you got away with it
well i was leading server 3 from pole until lap 20 where second place had caught me and i made a mistake in the chicane hitting the wall pretty hard. race over bit of a disaster. oh well. thanks for the race guys and sorry to the guy who I landed on top of in the crash.

take care all hope you had fun
okay I'll talk here.

@ Clownpaint : no he said he was having comp problems and needed to reboot. It wasn't anything to do with server lag at that time. The lag came later.

I'm not trying to pick on anyone... I just want to know when is it okay and when it's not okay to leave a server and rejoin again, then rejoin a race.

If someone times out and is able to rejoin before lap 1 is done... is he allowed to race? At what point is it too late to rejoin a race?

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~
How come i dont have the option to put in a complaint/race incident ?

Or have i looked in the right place?
Quote from tinyk :okay I'll talk here.

@ Clownpaint : no he said he was having comp problems and needed to reboot. It wasn't anything to do with server lag at that time. The lag came later.

I'm not trying to pick on anyone... I just want to know when is it okay and when it's not okay to leave a server and rejoin again, then rejoin a race.

If someone times out and is able to rejoin before lap 1 is done... is he allowed to race? At what point is it too late to rejoin a race?

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~

Sorry for closing the other thread on ya
This is a very good question, I think drivers should be able to rejoin before lap 1 if they time out but wont the leader has completed the a lap. However the rules state you cannot rejoin and you cannot start the race from pit lane, something to look into. So i dont know why that driver was allowed to rejoin .

Quote from niall09 :How come i dont have the option to put in a complaint/race incident ?

Or have i looked in the right place?

www.battleoftheteams.net
once your registered go to the home page and the bottom left
See in the addition stickied thread for more info.
Quote from Arrow. :Sorry for closing the other thread on ya
This is a very good question, I think drivers should be able to rejoin before lap 1 if they time out but wont the leader has completed the a lap. However the rules state you cannot rejoin and you cannot start the race from pit lane, something to look into. So i dont know why that driver was allowed to rejoin.

aw no worries about closing it. If you haven't learned yet, you will. You really can't hush up a female when she wants to speak her mind.

In all seriousness though.. I sent apologies to Danowat and N I K I because I didn't want them to think I was picking on them. One thing I pointed out to N I K I in my PM was that I did think it was nice he let Dan rejoin... but what happens if next round someone else was put in the same situation needing to reboot, rejoin the server and race before lap 1 was finished but the Admin doesn't allow it?

You answered my question I think. lol I know you stay on top of things so we'll see how things go next round.

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~
Quote from tinyk :aw no worries about closing it. If you haven't learned yet, you will. You really can't hush up a female when she wants to speak her mind.

In all seriousness though.. I sent apologies to Danowat and N I K I because I didn't want them to think I was picking on them. One thing I pointed out to N I K I in my PM was that I did think it was nice he let Dan rejoin... but what happens if next round someone else was put in the same situation needing to reboot, rejoin the server and race before lap 1 was finished but the Admin doesn't allow it?

You answered my question I think. lol I know you stay on top of things so we'll see how things go next round.

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~

Yeah i was in a bit of sticky situation with my team and admins.
It was only pecker and Paul to begin with then Niki put his hand up to help so i sent him to server #2 then rev turned up so he went there with Niki. maybe there was lack of communication in server #2 im not sure.

There needs to be a more detailed rule for the rejoining issue and driving conduct in the lag lap. This will be done before round 5.

I had problem with my computer.
before i went to bed i had everything open ready to do LFS, msn, lfsforum ect then pressed the sleep button. Then when i woke up turned the computer on then in qualifying i was stuck on 64 FPS or less . So with 2mins to go in Qualifying i restarted then it was fine
Quote from Arrow. :I had problem with my computer.
before i went to bed i had everything open ready to do LFS, msn, lfsforum ect then pressed the sleep button. Then when i woke up turned the computer on then in qualifying i was stuck on 64 FPS or less . So with 2mins to go in Qualifying i restarted then it was fine

*cough vsync cough*
Whats that mean?
Sorry for the delay, I've been out shaking my money-maker all evening.

Here are the results & replays that I have so far:

Results

Qualifying
Race

Replays

Server 1 Quali / Race
Server 2 Quali / Race
Server 3 Quali / Race
Here is a few screenshots showing my race.

Seemed to be under control going into T1.

Building some lead.

Losing some lead.

Feeling the pressure.

Into the high speed chicane.

I miss my turn in and have too much speed. The tyres are pushed to the limit.

Not a pretty sight.

DNF.
CONGRATULATIONS to Hannu!!!:bowdown::drink::wow::laola:
and good job Gasp aswell!!
wow hannu. you are still lx king
GRATS TO HANNIBAL AND GASP
Quote from Arrow. :Whats that mean?

It just displays what your monitor fresh rate is....... like if you have your fresh rate set to 70mhz is will display 70fps.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG