The online racing simulator
Test Race 04/10/2007 Feedback
SO5 is too fast!!!
One of the most beautiful tracks is mostly one of the dangerousest tracks. SO5 have got a too long full throttle part. This causes many accidents in the Roundabout, but behind the motorway aswell. It is just too fast for the first lap after GrandPrix-Start

There must be something like: forced Pit-Speed-Limiter till Admin says Green Flag and that in single file
#2 - Jakg
Terrible. FAR too many over-agreesive drivers who aren't used to close pack racing...

Safety Car won't help, imo - you end up at T1 faster...
Quote from Jakg :Terrible. FAR too many over-agreesive drivers who aren't used to close pack racing...

I thought about the forced pit Limiter till beginning of Sector 1 (because that's a slow part on this track) because of the following narrow parts the field will be streched. It is just an idea.

to the fact off agressive drivers... yeah you're right. But it is no difference to other serieses performing their first test runs with such a big field. Vykos69 posted a video somewhere of the ESL EAS LFS league (top rated grid). It was as chaotic as it was here.
#4 - Dru
The second race pileup was caused by Jak hiting the back of Paul.....

sometimes people need to look at thier own actions as well as others

Quote from Jakg :Terrible. FAR too many over-agreesive drivers who aren't used to close pack racing...

I do believe if you watch the SO race, you caused the big pile up on T1 no offense ---- hahaha!!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
That aside, race one was excellent fun and as far as I could see [behind me] pretty clean.

I think if the smash is as bad as it was on SO, T1, the race should be restarted after those causing it are back flagged.

http://www.yourdictionary.com/ironic
[edit] just to point out, seeing as others have commented on this, if anyone was to blame for that accident it was 90% Scawens, it was nothing but a perfect example of the p!ss poor collision detection in the game.[/edit]

Too many all-round muppets, racing incidents is one thing, being a d*ckhead is another, including Christofire who'd crashed and just decided to start reversing along the side of the track and cut across the track at the corner as i was turning in. Absolutely no awareness or care of anyone else on the track, if people like this dont know how to behaive responsably in a server then they shouldnt be there.
Same can be said for qualifying, people screw up and despite the fact that someone else is on a clean lap they just decide its a race and they cant possibly let that person through, instead they insist on making last minute dives into corners to stay ahead of them. Typically its always the slow drivers who dont know how to act in those circumstances that think its a race and what they're doing is a good idea.

The problem is, its supposed to be a fun series, but the level of driving still should be to a capable standard, and not a mix of capable and bottom of the barrel just to fill the gaps.
#7 - Dru
practice races will sort out these issues paul and they will be addressed...... think of the next 5 weeks as summer school

Driving standard was mixed tonight. we will review and come back will 'advise'
#8 - richy
eek sounds like it got a bit rough in there tonight.
Fortunately I missed the major incidents this evening so I haven't much to say. My only concern was the lack of finishers of 8 laps at SO long rev (I counted 4). It's not that long a race is it ? I appreciate that for some who went out that it couldn't be helped but you just can't give up, certainly when the league starts otherwise you will be crucified when points are handed out.

Paul mentions the collision detection. Sure, these little cars can be nudged a bit but you have to watch you don't rub them up the wrong way coz they bite back. As a rule of thumb, if you're unsure or unfamiliar with someones driving ability, hang back and give space, wait for the mistake. It pays off in the long run. Another thing Marco and I found out pretty early on. If you decide to overtake and it doesn't come off so you fall into line again, you become an easy target for a pass by the guy behind you because all your speed is gone.

Why give away my valuable little snippets? Because most of you won't listen to a word of it
Dru is there any chance of posting up the replays ?

Cheers
#11 - Dru
I think BUtz got both of the full races, and he said something about uploading them.

I've got 1.5 races worth.

0.5 from SO long where i had a fantastic battle with Jack for 1.5 laps then i rolled it on the outside, Jack carried on for half a lap but missed me too much and rolled in sympathy and joined me in spectator heaven
#12 - Jakg
Quote from StableX :I do believe if you watch the SO race, you caused the big pile up on T1 no offense ---- hahaha!!!

Did i?! :X

I remember Paul flipping, but it looked like lag to me :X
Quote from Dru :0.5 from SO long where i had a fantastic battle with Jack for 1.5 laps then i rolled it on the outside, Jack carried on for half a lap but missed me too much and rolled in sympathy and joined me in spectator heaven

That would of been very fun, i probably should have slowed down more to let you round the outside though

We need to sort out exiting the pits - no other race series has trouble with drivers driving the wrong way or rolling
Quote from Swiss_Tony :Fortunately I missed the major incidents this evening so I haven't much to say. My only concern was the lack of finishers of 8 laps at SO long rev (I counted 4). It's not that long a race is it ? I appreciate that for some who went out that it couldn't be helped but you just can't give up, certainly when the league starts otherwise you will be crucified when points are handed out.

Paul mentions the collision detection. Sure, these little cars can be nudged a bit but you have to watch you don't rub them up the wrong way coz they bite back. As a rule of thumb, if you're unsure or unfamiliar with someones driving ability, hang back and give space, wait for the mistake. It pays off in the long run. Another thing Marco and I found out pretty early on. If you decide to overtake and it doesn't come off so you fall into line again, you become an easy target for a pass by the guy behind you because all your speed is gone.

Why give away my valuable little snippets? Because most of you won't listen to a word of it

Aye tony,

Yeah the finish at So was 4. I wasnt in it. I missed to big crash at T1 but had a little chat with the wall in 4th gear. I have tried 1 lape more but was impossible to drive. I rather leave then adn sit and spectate then be a danger on track.

Imo i think when you have a big crash and still drive your a danger.
You get in the way and start blocking people, like that guy at race 1 . he knocked me out and i ended up in the sand against a wall. I havent got a clou who he was but he blocked the complete field finally.

So should there be a rule about % of damage when to stop ??

The crash at t1 still amaze me. It is impossible that you win that race being the first to get through. With a faster car and different setups it is but not in this baby. The difference is between cars is so close. Its all in the momentum of the car. The only thing why difference is at the end of race is crashing or hitting a wall. Thats what makes the difference nothing else. So please stop bargin in at t1. Take it easy, and wait for your turn
#14 - Dru
Quote from Jakg :

i probably should have slowed down more to let you round the outside though

We need to sort out exiting the pits - no other race series has trouble with drivers driving the wrong way or rolling

You were fine Jack, you left plenty of space for me, the trouble is i normally go tight there so i was not used to that line and hence at full racing side by side speed made an error..

Regarding the Pits.

Once people know the track for the evening then they SHOULD know which way to turn out of their pitbox.

I would imagine that over these coming weeks pitlane exits will be practiced...

basically guys leave each other room - always turn the correct way. and don't race/pass in the pits or exit, also remember that some pit exits are not flat out.

The one bugbear so far i have seen is that people use so many differernt lines (which is good) that people have to learn each others braking zones...

it's abit like the old STCC servers the starter one, where XFG and XRG ran together, people had to drive according to the others braking zones, otherwise people with the earlier braking zones (XRG) would get punted off by the guys who late brake (XFG) and don't allow for the guy in front.

Again, this wi`ll resolve itself over the next few weeks

Regards,

Dru.
Gutted I missed this last night, the server was full of people at about 9.30pm when I went to sort out something to eat, and was empty when I returned about 30mins later
yesterday, before going to bed, I watched the replay of Aston. One thing I noticed was, that noone respected the yellow flag. Especially when an accident happened before "Eau Rouge" nobody has gone off gas althogh, in some cases, the replay proves that the yellow flag was shown two corners before.
I don't want to call names, because I was one of them as well.
#17 - Dru
At Aston I was hit out end of lap one/beginning of lap two by a 'lunger'

how you can think to pass a guy on the limit after going the same speed down the stright and being 5 car lengths behind at the point he brakes at 75 metres is un-belivable - still those things will be ironed out and if those sort of things continue to occur the those type of drivers will be asked not take part.

After that i was dead last. i came up to Jamie B at the point before Eau rouge, the yello flag came out, i stepped off the gas so not to pass her but she did too ~(Despite it being clear ahead of here) and we promptly crash

People need to gain race craft skills, sure there will be times when people hit accidently , but over the next 4 weeks we need to stamp out the stupid incidences and also sort out the bad drivers.

mostly the racing was great 3/4 wide going along the straights and al least 2 wide going around corners, if you mis your chance to overtake the guy in front, vchances are the guy behind will get the run on you.

This series will be great as soon as we've ironed out a few little bugs....

btw practice makes perfect

Regards,

Dru.
Any replays yet?
#19 - Dru
Butz is at college Mikey.

And the upload limit here is too small. Will send later to you if you are about.

The problem with the qual pit exit last night was that on both occasions the track was loaded up in the wrong direction, then changed sometime afterwards.
Before the hour people were practicing the opposite direction at Cadet, when things started up people exited and some went left, some went right. I got about half a cars length out the pit to go right saw people going both directions and just sat there confused and listerned to viper laughing over TS. Same thing for SO Long, the normal config was loaded up for a while, i pointed out that i thought it would have been reversed, didnt see any change of track and neither did plenty of others, so pitting out was done the wrong way. So that was a case of the wrong tracks being loaded up from what people were expecting, it wasnt thicko's just driving out whatever direction they pleased.

Now, when the season starts and people know what track is next they will practice that and instinctively know what direction to pit out, what line is fastest, where they can brake and stuff like that. Loading a track that nobody knows is coming up doesnt help people drive cleanly (half the stuff is more a case of ignorant driving) and unexpected changes to the track direction will confuse people as they exit the pit, its just down to people not seeing something has been changed and going what was the correct direction.

Those things are easy to solve, its the poor standard of driving from a few people which create a knock-on effect that frustraits people and makes them drive harder and more forcefully because they've been on the receiving end of someone else doing that to them, the end result is half the pack is effected by the actions of a few and the fun element wears away because a couple of people ruin things.
Thanks Falke, do you also have the SO replays?
Quote from mikey_G :Thanks Falke, do you also have the SO replays?

no... I just forgot.
Came to my mind when the [HR] guys started a new qualifing session after nearly everybody else had left.
Thanks Falke, I'm grateful for what you got

It's as much fun watching the replays as it is actually racing, well almost
Quote from PaulC2K :Too many all-round muppets, racing incidents is one thing, being a d*ckhead is another, including Christofire who'd crashed and just decided to start reversing along the side of the track and cut across the track at the corner as i was turning in. Absolutely no awareness or care of anyone else on the track, if people like this dont know how to behaive responsably in a server then they shouldnt be there.

Yellow flag? Incident ahead? Mean anything to you? I was trying to clear a dangerous part of the track (blind corners) and rejoin the race. I did try to find a gap in the traffic, but obviously misjudged it. For that I apologise.

However, do yellows not apply to you, and you can drive into anything slower than you with no fault whatsoever? You might've slowed a little to avoid the incident that the great big yellow flag text was hinting at. As for your language, a little unwarranted for a test race. If this really is the "standard" of drivers in leauges then I'll not bother.

Thanks Dru, etc. for creating this, I had a great time racing with the people up until this race. Good luck with the league.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG