The online racing simulator
Vote for ENDING and RESTART
Hello.
A few minutes ago, i was still racing, and the server switch combo by voting.
This is a total lack of respect for the drivers, and it should at least be forbidden.
Voting for ending when there's no racing is one thing, but when someone is still racing .....
#2 - Dru
agreed, this is totally disrepectful i saw it a few times and it turns my stomach when people do this...
Quote from Dru :agreed, this is totally disrepectful i saw it a few times and it turns my stomach when people do this...

Turns your stomach? This is restart voting he's talking about, not snuff movies!
If that's what it takes to turn your stomach then fair enough. Each to his own. I've never watched one myself so I wouldn't know.
If the mayority of the server wants to end the race and chance a to a new track I guess there is nothing you can do. But half of the server has to agree so I don`t really see anything wrong with people changing track, as long the mayority of the server wants it.
Ive been racing just me and 1 more person and he makes a mistake so BANG restart, they just cant suck it up.
Quote from The Very End :If the mayority of the server wants to end the race and chance a to a new track I guess there is nothing you can do. But half of the server has to agree so I don`t really see anything wrong with people changing track, as long the mayority of the server wants it.

If someone is still making his last lap you should wait till he has finished. Especially when it's not a half-race joiner.
Quote from AstroBoy :Ive been racing just me and 1 more person and he makes a mistake so BANG restart, they just cant suck it up.

That's annoing too. On some servers that happens almost every lap.
Agreed there is a minority that have no respect for others either qualifying or racing. I have had a view idiots that start race when ur qualifying which is not on, but they are probably just kids that don't no no better, Ive seen it on a 6 LAP RACE and u seem to always get one that wants to restart on the first lap, doh go offline and get some practice,
This has been discused in previous threads.

Voting to change the track is done by a majority vote. It sucks when there are not many people on the server but there is nothing we can do about it, mathmatically the majority got what they wanted.

Vote to End and Restart are going to stay, on the whole it's not used poorly, just a shame that people do it when people are having a good race.
Quote from Viper93 :This has been discused in previous threads.

Voting to change the track is done by a majority vote. It sucks when there are not many people on the server but there is nothing we can do about it, mathmatically the majority got what they wanted.

Vote to End and Restart are going to stay, on the whole it's not used poorly, just a shame that people do it when people are having a good race.

There's nothing wrong with voting when nobody is racing...problem is when someone is really finishing the race, i was in the middle of the 2nd split at AS7R and suddendly - bang - race ends...what is this ?

to The Very End, you probably don't see nothing wrong, but the past Saturday you were on the 6th of 8 laps at BL and people decided to vote for restart, as i recall you didn't took so well.
I do see your problem, it was very inconsiderate of your fellow drivers and I hate seeing it, but it was a majority vote =(

I never want to see that but there isn't a 100% way to solve this problem. You could prevent restarts and ends within a few laps of the end of the race, but even then there are circumstances that people would want to restart.
I've tried to do this before but it was very difficult to differentiate between somebody who is racing and somebody who isnt. It might be that I should try this again in X-System because it's substantially more advanced than the old STCC system and gives me more raw data to play with.
It would be good if the start race was disabled when the race starts so children good not spam start race all the time, its probably been suggested but today i have nothing better to do with my time
#14 - Dru
Quote from Viper93 :I do see your problem, it was very inconsiderate of your fellow drivers and I hate seeing it, but it was a majority vote =(

I never want to see that but there isn't a 100% way to solve this problem. You could prevent restarts and ends within a few laps of the end of the race, but even then there are circumstances that people would want to restart.

It's not necessarily that it's the majorety, i mean at the end of the day it's a democratic thing.

What I HATE is you are on the server maybe a few of you are racing, then nerw people show up and vote to finish/end etc etc and they have the majorety... like i say this is what gets me and my goat...

especially then when half a lap into the next race they start, the guys who turned up, switched races/tracks then bugger off.....
One of the few things In LFS that makes me see red is drivers joining a server with a race in progress ,2 laps to go, they vote to restart race, I have kicked and even issued short bans to the numpties that do this.

There now... I feel better
Quote from fujiwara :There's nothing wrong with voting when nobody is racing...problem is when someone is really finishing the race, i was in the middle of the 2nd split at AS7R and suddendly - bang - race ends...what is this ?

to The Very End, you probably don't see nothing wrong, but the past Saturday you were on the 6th of 8 laps at BL and people decided to vote for restart, as i recall you didn't took so well.

Hehe I agree with you. The restart happend on lap 7 of 8, and I when a little mental a minute or two, can happend everyone hu?

What I meant was about ending race. I maybe missreaded some, but I meant that if most people want to change track I thinks it`s fair. About the restart, well not sure what I think is good or not.

Vote for ENDING and RESTART
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG