The online racing simulator
Wales is a country !!!!!!
hi all
i am currently racing in the olfsl , and noticed that wales my country is not recognised as a country in the nats !!
i pointed this out only to be told thats Wales is not a country and does not deserve to be recognised as such !!!
I think this is disgusting as scotland is recognised.. Wales has it's own flag and heritage, we now have our own paralment, and compete throughout the world in sporting events in our own right !!
Wales takes part in the football and rugby world cup, as a seperate country.. i think theses are bigger events than the olfsl,!!
therefore for the olfsl to deny Wales the right to be a country is totally outragous, and even moreso when it recognises Scotland !!!!!!!!

A VERY ANNOYED WELSHMAN !
#2 - Krane
I always wondered why Wales, Scotland and England get a country status even if they aren't countries. They all are part of country named United Kingdom.
Same here. Next someone from Åland will demand country status...
Wales only exists to deny England a decent left winger
ok then guys lets write off england , ireland scotland and wales !!
in all future sporting events we will all play togther under the uk banner !! i am happy with that .... but you can not recognise some and not the others !!! that is raceism !!!
Quote from alzys177 :hi all
i am currently racing in the olfsl , and noticed that wales my country is not recognised as a country in the nats !!
i pointed this out only to be told thats Wales is not a country and does not deserve to be recognised as such !!!
I think this is disgusting as scotland is recognised.. Wales has it's own flag and heritage, we now have our own paralment, and compete throughout the world in sporting events in our own right !!
Wales takes part in the football and rugby world cup, as a seperate country.. i think theses are bigger events than the olfsl,!!
therefore for the olfsl to deny Wales the right to be a country is totally outragous, and even moreso when it recognises Scotland !!!!!!!!

A VERY ANNOYED WELSHMAN !

If you really want to start a war about this, we can and will remove the national standings from OLFSL website. Do you want to be responsible for that? It was meant to be there for fun, not because some guy could start whining about it. Other members like it, but you are making this issue bigger than it really is. Wales IS NOT a country, but if you get that thing fixed and get it official, I'll be the first person to recognize you as a country.

If you think Wales as a country, why do you need our support for it?

Why Scotland is there, that I do not know. But what is outrageous is that you make it such a big deal and start trashing us. You don't have to be a fanatic about it.

We have Aland Island and saamelaiset in Finland. Those two are still a part of Finland even though they have their own stuff. Also Turku, one of our cities has its own football team - does this mean it's a country? Actually pretty much every city we have has its own football team, many of them have an ice hockey team as well.

But understand this: WE ARE NOT DENYING YOUR RIGHT TO BE A COUNTRY, it's just that you're not a country based on real life facts. It may be a country to you, but unless it's official and recognised by other countries, Wales and Scotland are a part of United Kingdom - like it or not.

We also have our own section for conversations that involve OLFSL, I suggest you use that in the future.

Now I suggest you start acting like an adult and stop yelling. It's not getting you anywhere, it's just annoying.

--
Mrs FienDi
Very annoyed person from Finland

Update: Scotland has been removed, so let it go already.
Well.. I should be then the very sorry person from Finland...

It's my mistake that this "error" was still going on - and also lack of knowledge. This could have been corrected with other measures than one(s) the annoyed Welshman did.

However, now you can choose whatever part of Gbr you wish to present in OLFSL - se leave it be and go to modify your profile.

--------
Also, it wasn't our intention to start a racist move against Wales - I, my staff or OLFSL have nothing against Wales - or Scotland, Northern Ireland or England either.
I assume this wouldn't be an appropriate topic to start cracking jokes about sheep shagging?
Quote from varjsa-9 :Also, it wasn't our intention to start a racist move against Wales - I, my staff or OLFSL have nothing against Wales - or Scotland, Northern Ireland or England either.

Or any other area for that matter.. Just so we don't create an opportunity for this kind of adult behaviour.
lol
you write here as if i am in the wrong !!!
you are the person who was willing to recognise Scotland as a country, but not Wales ! if you accept one you MUST accept the other ! my first question to you was why you listed Scotland as a country and not Wales.. if you had said ho it's a mistake and corrected it that would have been the end of it !!

as far as theses other places you describe that claim country status, all i can ask is do they have there own country flags, like Wales does and do they take part in world sporting events under that flag and are recognised by world sporting bodies as seperate countries like Wales , Scotland Ireland and England are ???

if your answer is to refuse to accept theses countries as seperate countries, and reguard us all as the U.K. then that is fine by me.. i'll consider the matter closed.. but at least you have learnt you cant accept one without the others, as you were..

lastly just to say i am acting like an adult !!
i dissagreed with your point of view and put the matter up to discussion.. you are the one squeeling like a stuck pig, and calling me names..
i stand by my point of view !! you are the one who has had to make changes !!
"when are you gonna realise the UK is nothing more than the 51st state!"....
lol Has anyone seen Formula 51?
Quote from geeman1 :I always wondered why Wales, Scotland and England get a country status even if they aren't countries. They all are part of country named United Kingdom.

ppppppfffffffftttttttt.

just because we are on the same island doesnt mean we are the same country.

hello europeans.
Quote :you are the person who was willing to recognise Scotland as a country, but not Wales !

Where did you get this idea?

Quote :if you accept one you MUST accept the other ! my first question to you was why you listed Scotland as a country and not Wales.. if you had said ho it's a mistake and corrected it that would have been the end of it !!

I didn't receive any mail, or any question directed to me from you. Also, Scotland is not listed as country anywhere on the site, hasn't been and is not. I said it's a mistake, also I corrected it as soon as I could. I have other things to work on than yours. Furthermore, I've been offline from thursday night to this morning.

Quote :as far as theses other places you describe that claim country status, all i can ask is do they have there own country flags, like Wales does and do they take part in world sporting events under that flag and are recognised by world sporting bodies as seperate countries like Wales , Scotland Ireland and England are ???

It's only Northern Ireland that is part of United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland m8.

Quote :if your answer is to refuse to accept theses countries as seperate countries, and reguard us all as the U.K. then that is fine by me.. i'll consider the matter closed.. but at least you have learnt you cant accept one without the others, as you were..

Again, this was not the case.
Quote from alzys177 :you are the person who was willing to recognise Scotland as a country, but not Wales !

I said: Why Scotland is there, that I do not know. So remind me, how was it me who recognized Scotland as a country but not Wales?? I have absolutely nothing to do with the National Standings! Get your facts straight before you start accusing people.

Quote from alzys177 :you are the one squeeling like a stuck pig, and calling me names..

Oh I'm calling you names?? What do you call this then? All I said was stop yelling and start acting like an adult.
I'm not gonna lower myself to your level, so as far as I'm concerned, this is it. I'm done.

See you on track, count on that.
Quote from geeman1 :I always wondered why Wales, Scotland and England get a country status even if they aren't countries. They all are part of country named United Kingdom.

United Kingdom isn't really a country. The United Kingdom was the name for everything under Englands power. This was from England, all the way to China and such. But they are infact part of Great Britian, which seems to have been dropped by most places =/

But when the Union Jack (named by King Jack) was made, he didn't see Wales as a country (which is why It's St Georges, and what ever the Scotish flag is called).
Quote from mrbogeyman :ppppppfffffffftttttttt.

just because we are on the same island doesnt mean we are the same country.

hello europeans.

I'll put this quote from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom in here too:

Quote : The United Kingdom is a country that is divided into four constituent parts:
  • England
  • Scotland
  • Northern Ireland
  • Wales

Yup. agreed, truth is that the UK is just the 51st state of America - just ask our friend Tony.

But yes Wales and Scotland are known as countries, around here. Although they and Northern Ireland along with England are officially / politically grouped as the "United Kingdom". In certain contexts they are separate countries.

Anyway, it's true that if, in any given context, Scotland is considered a different country, then Wales should be as well. I suppose Northern Ireland is then considered a different country as well... hmm, confusing!
Oh yeah and Great Britain is just that island consisting of England, Scotland and Wales. It's not a political entity.

The UK's full name is "The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland" or so i was told.
In Finland we call this:

"Tehdään kärpäsestä härkänen"

If someone can translate, please do so. I'm out
this subject is now closed as far as i am concearned, i have proved my point and Wales as well Scotland, Ireland and England have been listed seperatly by the olfsl..
i do not want to be drawn into petty biccering over who said what and when...
I shall retire VICTORIOUS from the battle field !!!!!
Another Welshman!

hey Dude, just make sure you stick the welsh flag all over yo car...
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG