The online racing simulator
RSSC2, Your thoughts
Know we are nearly at the end of Season 2 of RSSC, I thought I would get some feedback, hopefully to implement into the upcoming RSWC.

So basically, I would like to know your thoughts on things like, what has been good about this league, what has been bad, what would you like changed, or kept the same, for future leagues.

Couple of things I would like to change, constant server, hopefully next season we can keep the server the same (thanks to 500Servers ).

Qualifying, I would like to go back to the superpole system, also I would like to see success ballast, and possibly increase the race distance to 45mins instead of 30mins, either that or a "double-header".

All input greatly recieved, together we can make it all better, so anything, good or bad, let it out

Cheers

Dan,
I like and enjoy this season alot:
Qualification is very good as it is now - no pit is a great idea
I cant find any good reason for superpole - it takes way to long especially with a big field of drivers. You said, there can be 5 ppl at the same time on track - but that only works if none of them does mistakes ... all superpole sessions I took part lastest more than 30 minutes. I just want to race and dont like long qualysessions.

Normally I don't join leagues with races on a weekday (after workday my concentrationlevel is low to zero), this league I joined just because of your choice of cars
So for me its a good racedistance - on weekends I would have no problem to do longer races - but please keep it to only 1 run.
A balastsystem for front runners would be nice

thx for this league
Willi
#3 - Bean0
It's been good for me.
Well organised, clean/close racing, and surprisingly few accidents.

Superpole was good last season, but did take an overly long time to get done. I understand you have some slight changes to speed it up, and would welcome using superpole in future seasons as it can jumble the grid pretty well.

Success ballast would be good, but I think would require some testing first.
For me anything longer than 45mins is a bit long, a 10-15 minute sprint followed by a 45min or so longer race would be better than one hour long race or 2 x 30 min races I reckon.

It's a great series though, I'm having immense fun even though I'm a bit crap in my chosen steed.
This leagues almost perfect. Nothing format wise needs to be changed, however the points system might wanna be re-looked at, i have got fairly good results but missed only 2 rounds hence i am 13th. Maybe next season you drop your 2 crappest rounds? like in Dell OPS. but meh I'm winging.
I like this series alot. Imo it's best as it is now, i wouldn't change single thing. Good job Dan. Hope i'll be able to race in next season.
Thanks guys, I am glad you are enjoying it

Quote from BenjiMC :however the points system might wanna be re-looked at, i have got fairly good results but missed only 2 rounds hence i am 13th. Maybe next season you drop your 2 crappest rounds? like in Dell OPS. but meh I'm winging.

There is a reason it's like that, I was hoping it would "encourage" good attendence, something that is an obvious problem in most/all leagues.

It's something to think about for the RSWC though......
i think the league is great , but for the rswc we should reverse all the tracks from what they were this time so (rssc) blackwood rev -- rswc blackwood normal.
Tracks for RSSC2 were choosen at random, tracks for RSWC will be too
Quote from danowat :Tracks for RSSC2 were choosen at random, tracks for RSWC will be too

Well those tracks were the best random selection I ever saw. (sensible track selection is advisable with these cars)

As for the cup it has been very enjoyable, very clean, & very well organised. kudos to you Dan . I remember the old super pole & yes it did drag on a bit. I am all for it if you can reduce the waiting time, as it adds a bit of extra spice into the mix.
Race length is good as it is. I enjoy the challenge of nursing my tyres to the end of each race & that aint easy in the FZ whale.

My only suggestions would be to have a sprint format where we have two short races instead of one long one & a long race format with a forced pit stop, say somewhere in the region of 45mins.
e.g. if u had an 8 race series:
6 Races would be of the standard format
1 Sprint
1 Long
or something along those lines. oh & can we have a team championship running along side the drivers championship?

Also maybe a ruling on late season joiners. I can understand you wanting full grids but if drives were'nt interested enough to sign up in the first place or attend any of the first 3 rounds why include them? I dont think it is fair on those who have competed from day one & as the new drivers take points away & inadvertently cause accidents which effect the outcome of the series. e.g. will's demise was caused by late joiner. I dont mean to sound negative about it but maybe some food for thought.
Excellent suggestions, I like the mixing up of race formats, and the team championship

Food for thought, certainly.

Another thing, is everyone happy with the way the results/media and standings are posted?, would you prefer to have a specific website, or are you happy for everything to be "LFS forum based"
ye there fine the stats . etc
Quote from anttt69 :Also maybe a ruling on late season joiners. I can understand you wanting full grids but if drives were'nt interested enough to sign up in the first place or attend any of the first 3 rounds why include them? I dont think it is fair on those who have competed from day one & as the new drivers take points away & inadvertently cause accidents which effect the outcome of the series. e.g. will's demise was caused by late joiner. I dont mean to sound negative about it but maybe some food for thought.

I will take that onboard, all I will say is this.

Would you (I mean the collective "you" as in the whole league, prefer to race in full grids, or 10 drivers?, also, many people don't visit the league forums regularly enough, and/or leagues arent advertised enough.

I do understand what you are saying though, and if enough of the current entrants believe this is wrong, then we won't have late comers in future events.
Well, why not leave sign-ups open for the first say 3 rounds until there is a full grid + decent reserves. I'm pretty sure that a league as good as this wont take too long to fill up to whatever quota you set.
#14 - bozo
Quote from danowat :All input greatly recieved, together we can make it all better, so anything, good or bad, let it out

Now I hope you weren't expecting anything bad, as I think the decent attendances, friendly banter and lack of complaints really do speak for themselves. You're doing a great job, and as with RRSC1 the unique nature of the series has great appeal.

Superpole? It did take too long before. The current format is good in that it only takes 20 minutes, and it allows for valuable track time. During a weekday I find it hard sometimes to get online much before the start time, so the extra 20 minutes is really helpful.

Superpole did add some great pressure though, and allowed some chatting for those waiting. Overall I wouldn't mind it being reintroduced, as long as it can be completed in a speedy manner.

I find the races can be too short. I would prefer them to last an extra 10 or 15 minutes. I'd also like a sprint race to be added. If the sprint race was held before the feature race, then reverse grid in finishing order of the sprint race for the feature race would certainly add to the on-track action.

I like the idea of ballast for everybody that is quicker than me. Lots of it . Seriously, when I started RRSC1 it was to learn about driving the FZ5, and I did improve over that first season. With RRSC2 I decided to concentrate on the RAC, but unfortunately I don't seem to be improving. Ballast is therefore a good idea to even the field a bit, but anything that could be done to help the tail-enders would be a real bonus. 1 or 2 track sessions with a seasoned racer providing advice would be good before each race.
I think the success of this series, apart from the excellent organisation of course, is the choice of car. These cars bring out a certain type of racer with good respect for other racers. (plus I love the RAC)

I prefer this format of qualification over superpole because that takes so long and mostly it is watching, but a shorter qual time may mix it up a bit. One thing I think could improve is the start of qualification, as currently it’s a mad rush out of the pits then trying to space out during the lap. Maybe leave in order of garage (nearest to exit) with a few seconds gap?

A longer race length would be welcome from me. Some have suggested a sprint and feature race, but from experience of other leagues I’m not sure about entire reverse grid for 2nd race. That invites carnage! Possibly introduce ballast between the races?

If only non-attendance could be solved, the bane of most league events. Keep up the good work Dan!
Quote from danowat :
Would you (I mean the collective "you" as in the whole league, prefer to race in full grids, or 10 drivers?, also, many people don't visit the league forums regularly enough, and/or leagues arent advertised enough.

This league has a excellent rep & a strong following (30+ Rnd1), even with a late join ruling I doubt very much that attendance would ever drop as low as that. If you allow anyone to join at any time you're almost reducing the RSSC to a pick up race.

The forum is the only place many people look to find a suitable league to race in. You may get a few entrants from drivers spreading the good word , but in the main if they're not looking then there not interested. I cannot think of anywhere else where you can find leagues & events advertised. Maybe you could approach a few team message boards or CTRA if you require more exposure.
Fair enough, all comments taken onboard

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG