The online racing simulator
Since the first race is already on 1st of March, would it possible to define the combo for at least the first race?

And is it planned to assign race numbers to the drivers. Would be nice to know for Skin creation.

Thanks,
Lion
I don't think the cars will need numbers, the country is their number so to speak. Whatever drivers for their country will probably have the driver name on the car, that is it I imagine.
Once again agree...
Quote from Tweaker :I don't think the cars will need numbers, the country is their number so to speak. Whatever drivers for their country will probably have the driver name on the car, that is it I imagine.

Numbers could be a problem because maybe somo of us will choose the same, so I agree only nation colors is fine.

Why we just don´t move 2 weeks ahead so we can wait for the full calendar otherwise it seems to me calendar will be arranged according admins convinience.

And strategy speaking as a country we need to know other combos to start training.

brainStorimng...
I agree totally with NelsonGPV , not only because of calendar, also that we need more time for preparations. Even nation leadears haven't been voted yet, also if we start soon then it will be damn hurry with skins... so i think it would be rational to move all thing 2 weeks ahead, so everyone have time to prepare themselves. Skins, sets etc...

When will there be polls for voting nation leader ? Or every community has to do it themselves... ?
Since the current race dates are in discussion, I want to add my 2 cents:
For Austria, the dates are fine. Please don't move them. But we would have no trouble, if the first race is canceled / moved to the back.
And overall, we also have no problem with the current date for the first race, as long as the race details are announced soon (combo, length, qualifying mode, weather, ...)

kr
Lion
Arrow - when will poll's for Nation Leader open ? Or how will they be elected ?
Thanks for announcing the (proposed) combos.

But I still have to continue being a pain in the neck :sorry:

Can you give details regarding the participation of the drivers per race? Two, Three? Any regulations, how often a driver is allowed to participate or is this completely up to the team manager?

kr
Lion
Everything that hasnt been announced is still in discussion with the series organisation team.

please hold tight your questions will be anwsered shortly
Omg
Quote from Arrow. :- We will be removing those Nation Entrys who cannot show us full commitment for the whole series. Entries will be cut down to 28 or 16 commited teams.
1 Week (Closes 9th February) will be given for Nations to show there commitment to the series with more signups. Teams will be cut from the series after this Date.

OMG... Please, tell me that not true, so my country Venezuela could be cut out of this tournament just because we have not enough licensed drivers? Because we have like 400 users but sadly only 4 licensed drivers and the four of us are more than committed to run in this tournament. Or should I tell all demo drivers to signup as support or something so you can see our commitment?
I got 323 on LFS World for Venezuela, but is that people registered at LFS.net or S2 licences...
323 Registered at LFS.net an from those just 4 licensed including myself
Silly me, I thought that only showed S2 licenced drivers.

Look, if you can get a 100% turnout from your country and you mean business, I feel sure Arrow will let you participate - I would. But I'm not Arrow.

The rule looks like it's there to stop time-wasters (which no-one likes), not small countries (which people like).
There will almost certainly be a limit to how many times a driver can participate in the series too, and i think ~3 was the general opinion, the idea isnt for a couple of people to do every single race, its a test of the competing countries drivers, not a tiny minority of them.

How it could be considered that with only 4 fully licensed drivers, it can consider itself a fair representation of a nation ive no idea, and thats the reason behind trying to ensure more drivers take part, it isnt a who has the fastest driver competition, and at the same time it also means more people are involved rather than the same drivers turning up week in, week out, and the other folks of that country never getting a chance to drive.

It has to be in the best interest of the series, and the drivers taking part, and allowing only 4 drivers to represent any country, whether there are 100 people signed up or 4, its not a good model for what we think provides the most entertaining and challenging test on a team. We want to see as many people driving for their country as possible, and if we dont implement a restriction of the number of times people take part, it means the majority of people signed up wont get close to getting a seat in the actual race, and personally i'd like to see 6-8 drivers being used, it'd soon get boring practicing for a race you know damn well you'll never get to race in while X, Y & Z are there and have done every other race so far, and the only way to do this is my bringing in these restrictions.
It ensures that a reasonable number of people geniunely want to participate and having 1-2 people unable to race, be too busy with other commitments or getting bored dont make the team unable to compete in a round, it provides more opportunities for people to take part and feel they're a part of things, and as mentioned a second ago, hopefully it means all teams signed up finish the series without any drop-outs & empty slots, we have no guarantee that all the people who've signed up geniunely are interested, have a suitable racing ability, and are committed to taking part. So countries with very little interest are considered a higher risk, if they're not invited this time round, there will be future seasons and hopefully word will get around and interest from those nations will increase.

Personally, i'd love to see more non-European entries, but the sheer numbers make it hard to give a team with double the signups the boot purely because it'd be nice to have a mixture of teams from around the world and non-European signups are particularly low at this moment in time, hopefully this will change.
Well... we are really sad, I suppose we have to wait and see what will happen anyway.
It’s all in hands of Arrow and he has to do what is right for the league and I support that.
I’ll keep an eye on all this anyway.
Keeping the ideas rolling...
I agree with PaulC2K

It is better to have different drivers in the series, this will force nations to work as a team.
Maybe to keep it simple driver cannot race more than 3 rounds speaking under the idea of having 3 Racers on the series. And last round nations decide who will race, or another racer.

Still brainstorming
Well look at France for example. You know they could be a good competing nation, but they have no signups. Personally, I don't think you've spread the word much about this series.........

And unconfirmed dates and races make people unsure of signing up!
I don't want to be annoying, BUT, i still haven't got answer for the question : How/when will be nation managers choosed ?
Tweak, yeah, they're not the only ones though, i brought this up in our little secret hide-out the other day, In just Europe alone its missing countries such as France, Italy, Spain, Portugal & Hungary.

Personally, im not all that interested in the first season finding the definative answer to the 'whos the fastest country' question, i think its far too big a challenge to nail it first time of asking, and if those 5 countries havent got a single sign-up then it doesnt bother me too much, once the series is established and has some success to build upon, then it'd be a problem if the big countries didnt participate, but in *my* opinion, the first season should just treated be a test run and try to ensure the basis of how its run is solid and practical, otherwise when you have double/triple the countries taking part it looks a complete shambles if problems arrise.
Its almost like what we have in MoE right now, something completely out of the organisers hands is undermining the series and turning an established series into a joke (with some help!). That was with something out of their hands, but if something which could have been avoided crops up, it just makes things look badly organised and has a damaging impact which can easily spread and have a lasting effect.

As for the other matters, im not the one with the final decision on these things, and i cant really help much on those as a few things were done before any internal group discussions had started, but im not sure why were using dates we know we wont go with are being displayed 6+ weeks after being informed they werent suitable. For all we know adding a week could bring up similar troubles (they do), so we need to establish the dates asap until we find something suitable and then we have something set in stone, too many things are unconfirmed/undecided at the moment.

Kirill:
Managers will be sorted out in about 10-14 days time, there will be a week until the competing teams will be decided, and we've organised a seperate forum which we have full control over, in there each country will have their own private areas to discuss things, and there will also be a poll done so that the drivers can pick their chosen manager. The forum already exists and individual forums and usergroups have been created with the privellages set for each (extremely messy!) they're also individually themed for each country involved.

So,
How: private (anon) polls on a seperate and entirely private forum.
When: They'll be open between 6-13 days time (ie 7 day poll starting in 6 days)
Wow, the number of Sign-Ups has increased quite a bit recently. That's great.

Hey, if the minimum number of drivers a country will need exceeds 10, please let me know. Then I can take care to get the additionally required number of drivers for Austria.

kr
Lion
why Slovakia is not in the list? we have 20 signups .... damn!
We're not going to start getting through specific details for reasons why one country isnt invited while another is, the reasons for the decisions have been explained quite clearly in the post above, there was a lot more thought put into the list of competing countries than just counting how many people said they were interested. Quantity played a part, it was the first requirement, but it wasnt the sole requirement, many factors were taken into consideration to try and get a balanced line-up. Had there have been a few more none-EU countries with a reasonable signup they'd have pushed 1 or 2 EU countries out.

Dont take it personally, our choice was to just start with a small selection of countries, and once we know everything runs smoothly then thats when the series will begin to acheive what its aims are, consider this almost a test run, the future seasons will be where it gets much more interesting because of all the competition involved, but its much easier to start small and work up, its already an extremely ambitious project and were not naive enough to think we can hit the road running and come up with a series that tries to answer the question of which is the fastest country competing in LFS, and get an true answer at the first time of asking. We need some experience to know whether our format will work, were confident the structure is good, but we just want to start reasonably small and build it up once we can see its working.
To not let countries race that have more then enough drivers is a big mistake. :thumbsdow
The Nations-Cup failed cause of a bad organization had I think with such decision the LFS World Series will go the same way.

Let every one race! It is not technical problem, there are enough server available (we austrian can provide 2 decent servers), only the organization must find a solution for this, and there are lots of possible ways.

If you want to run the races on only one server then make a qualification round with 2 or 3 races prior to the main event, were e.g. 6 countries battle for the last 3 starting positions in the main event.
Here you have also the chance to see the the procedure of the event works.

As austrian what should I do? Train for an event were I don't know if I can participate. Come on, do you really think anyone on the reserve list is motivated anymore or in the future?
Servers arent an issue, if we need 8, I can provide all 8 myself, thats far from being a problem.
We've already been through reasons why we dont want to do qualifying rounds, if we were limiting the season to 16 teams because thats how we wanted to run the series, then its fair enough there needs to be a suitable way to come to a conclusion as to who the best 16 are, however that isnt the case here, we dont plan to limit the number of countries in the future, but for this first season we just want to start small with 16 teams who have enough drivers to ensure even when half of them arent able to compete, there are still plenty who can, they have reasonable experience and suitable driving ability, and we also include a mixture of countries from around the world to ensure we get results similar to how it would be in future seasons.
Running qual rounds would just further delay the start of the first season, and still wouldnt ensure the better/more suitable team went through. If the dates clashed with other events or top drivers were unable to race, then its hardly any fairer than being told by the organisers we feel there are others more suitable we've decided to go for this season only.

As for comparisons to the Nations Cup, that had problems for a number of reasons, and one of the reasons we're keeping things small to start with is because we dont want to fall into any of the traps that series did, IMO it tried to do too much too quickly and was too stop-start-stop-start from the initial idea of the series to the completion of the first and only season. You have to look at it from more than 1 perspective, and we're trying to look at it from whats in the best interest of the series in the long term and short term, as well as for the people taking part in the series in exactly the same way.
Do you initially please everyone and just bow to pressure of not wanting to upset people and if something becomes a glaringly obvious issue, say lag/server instability, you end up with 30+ countries worth of drivers complaining about everything they disagree on, or do you start small and build upon it, if problems arrise its kept to reasonable proportions instead of p*ssing of half the LFS community. We're actually trying to plan things out to ensure something this complicated can actually succeed, we know similar attempts havent been successful, and thats why were not diving head first into some overly ambitous project thinking it'll work perfectly first time.

Deciding that a team isnt qualified enough to remove one of the other teams isnt an matter of questionable organisation, its an matter of having differing opinions on who should race and who shouldnt, and it was our opinion that there were 16 other countries with a more suitable line-up of drivers signed up to take part in this season, if there werent, then you'd have been in there, its that simple. The reasons behind our decision making was made 10+ days ago, as well as being suggested in part much earlier, it isnt like we've decided based upon some secret reason, that its actually the 16 teams that bunged us $20 to let them in. If you cant respect our decision, then thats your call, but we've been straight with our what our aims are as soon as we've come to decisions, we feel these were made in the best interest of the series in the long run and despite the fact that some people wont like this in the short term, we're confident in these actions. Its one season, its not the end of the world.

If we could please everyone without compromising the series in the long term, we'd be more than happy to do this, we certainly dont want to start alienate the very people we hope will be taking part in future seasons, but we felt that having a few people unhappy because of this was better than ignoring what history has shown us isnt an easy thing to acheive, and focus on the making of a successful series and hope people forgive these decisions, rather than starting something we cant easily manage and it flops just as it has in the past.
Taking an unsuccessful series with people who've already experienced the series problems first hand and convincing them that things have changed is a damn sight harder than convincing people who were turned down due to limited numbers, that its worth taking part in a series which is working successfully.
Kinda confuses me to see that Australlia has 3 entrys for drivers and teams like Slovenia and Slovakia both have 10+, pretty sure the decision wasn't made because they "have a high startup count".....
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG