The online racing simulator
I know this sounds a bit odd at first, but I've been thinking about how you really accept each nation's drivers for the races.

If you think about it, each nation wants to compete with their fastest drivers. But what if some average/amatuer drivers want to participate? They will surely be counted out, and wont have the opportunity to race. Why not make a division of fast drivers and a division of amateur drivers. Though this idea would make it harder to manage, I think it would give everyone the chance to help their country's points!

If each country has enough entries, everyone willling to participate in the given combo would qualify for their country. The fastest drivers for Country A would have to choose one driver for the race with the pro division 1. And the amateur drivers of Country A (those who qualify with slower times) would have to choose a driver for the amateur division 2.

How the points would be tabulated, I am not exactly sure. Either add up division 1 & 2's points together to get the countries results. Or run two divisions seperately for points.
-----------------

The only reason I bring this up is because I remember so many people that signed up for their country in the Nations Cup, and they didn't get a chance to drive simply because they were slow, and only the fastest ones had the chance (and usually only 2 or 3 fast ones countries want to use). Other people should at least get the chance to help.

OR

How about a rule for how many times one driver can drive for their country? This would allow an even distribution to who gets to race, so it isn't 100% Bawbag domination from Scotland so-to-speak . If one fast driver was only allowed 2 or 3 races, then other people could get a chance, and the country will have to figure out strategy for what combos people can prepare for. Works much better this way.
use the A1GP setup as in using a different driver for every other event or if there is enough use a division 1 and 2 and then hold a final at the end for the top half of each division to race it off for the title of the fastest nation
Tweaker, as good an idea that would sound it would disadvantage smaller nations. Could Northern Ireland or Luxembourg really get that many drivers?

Besides, in the World Cup, it's a matter of the best eleven players from each nation that get sent, not the best eleven and eleven guys from Blue Square Premier or something.

Maybe have a separate division for B and C teams (provided they are ran by the same guys that run the main national side). Possibly have it like the German football leagues, where Bundesliga 2 they have Bayern Munich and so-on's B teams, but they can't get promoted.

EDIT : Please not the A1GP system, I personally would just go for exactly the same format as BOTT as it worked.
so when do we get some provisinal dates for this league?
what was the BOTT format (sorry i didnt get chance to race it)
Quote from richard3310 :what was the BOTT format (sorry i didnt get chance to race it)

I didn't race it either (and I won't be behind the wheel in this as the other people in Team England are much faster than me)

Two drivers per team in each race, three servers. A lottery decides which team is on which for qualifying. The times from the sessions are totalled up and, irresepctive of the team, the drivers were put in to servers on time.

The only bit I would change is the irrespective of the team bit, I'd like to see the nation's best qualifying time count for both drivers myself.
Ireland still not on the entry list.....
Sweden isnt on the entry list either and it would be nice with a Swedish sub-forum also.

Thanks.
Provisional, and almost certain to be moved forwards/backwards by at least a week.
Keep ya knickers on Niki
i'll get it added in a minute, though im sure i added it because i've mentioned it elsewhere.
Infact, it has, so has Sweden, except its done in the correct location (Entries thread).

Regarding the format, its still being discussed, not much has been said partly because Arrow is away at the moment, but we are definately going to look into ways to ensure the title isnt decided by 1 driver. The idea is to find the fastest racing nation, and with that we want the nation to be involved, not 1 or 2 people from it, so whether there is a limit on the number of times anyone 1 driver can take part, or saying at least X different drivers must be used, or something completely different, we dont know yet, but suffice to say we'll be trying to ensure as many people get to compete as possible because its no fun turning up every week to try and win a spot in the actual race if you know you have no chance of beating a driver, so the strength, depth & commitment of each nation will be important as to whether they're accepted in.
Quote from Arrow. :
Start time:
10UTC & 20UTC rotated each round.

What is the starting time for the first event? The rest is then easy
Easy guys, Arrow hasnt updated first post since december 27th, seems he has gone to far with new year celebrations and still trying to recover

BTW Argentina isnt there yet, soon we'll have and update with a complete nation line up
Quote from Arrow. :Start time: 10UTC & 20UTC rotated each round.

wouldn´t X utc & X+12 utc be more logical for something worldwide? if there are other then pure mathematical reasons for the second start time, then nvm
Haven't i just pointed out that the series format is still very much in discussion?
The whole thing (short of it being nations vs nations) is still not set in stone, its a big soft ball of putty and once Arrow is back things will become a little clearer shortly after.
I doubt there will be 2 start times, mainly because it'd be confusing having it change every other race and also because the 'piggy in the middle' continent will get shafted with something along the lines of 3am & 3pm so the continents eitherside can have 10am & 10pm each, and if its 10&20 UTC then piggy is North America, and typically they always will be as the shortest timeline is AUS -> NA -> EU, so for the time being at least, i dont think anyone should worry too much about whats said, think of it as the series concept, the final version might be altered in a few places.
I see the calendar says it's `proposed.` Problem for me is I work all day Saturday (10-9) so just checking what the possiblity is of the day changing, if there is I'll keep an eye out and see whats happening

Keiran
While looking at the proposed calendar, I have some skepticism about whether or not we should start at that time.

As I said in an earlier post in this thread, March 1st is MoE's penultimate round at Blackwood, and most nation's drivers will be participating I am sure (Argentina, England, USA, Germany, etc). Surely a different time for the races to begin could be managed.

But that isn't the real reason why I post here. I am worried with some countries and their amount of sign-ups, and the progress of this league so far. Team managers and skinners will have to get working on skins, and nothing is really 'intact' or moving right now it seems. Is this league really going to happen? Rules or procedures are not established, nothing is confirmed exactly either.

Just don't want this to be another dying Nations Cup if you know what I mean. :o Granted this is probably one of the toughest leagues to conceive and manage, I still think we are running out of time even after a month of waiting, and nearly a month to go.
Tweak, Arrow has been on holiday since New Year, was either the a couple of days before or after, so while there has been a little bit of discussion, we cant come to any form of conclusion without Arrow being a part of things.

As for the MoE clash, its been pointed out and is only a proposed calander, ive said somewhere in here it'll almost certainly be moved forward/backward a week to get the best result for everyone concerned. Theres still 6 weeks till the first proposed date, there isnt any real deadline that its being rushed to meet and so far all thats been asked is for confirmation of interest in taking part in the series with the rough structure thats been given for it, finalising all the details will come soon enough.
Day change for UK/EU folk, i'd say a fairly confident nil.
If you move it forward a day then in Aus they'd be racing early hours on a Monday morning, and obviously going back a day puts the America's & Europe in Friday which isnt going to work either.
I dont think it'd be possible to move the race day for a series such as this to any other day because of the timezone issues, and the proposed start times are pretty much the times you start & finish work.
Lots of footballers in the Premiership are missing two months or so from the season to be part of their nation's team for the African Cup of Nations. This includes star players such as Didier Drogba and Mike Essien for Chelski, Kolo Toure for Arse(nal) and so-on. It won't be as bad as this as it's only one round (compared to about ten matches), why can't that happen in LFS?

Actually, they won't need to miss MOE races at all, the driver could just do an early stint so it doesn't clash. Or even do Coke 600/Indy 500 scheduling (have about one hour between the races).

And Tweaker, you mentioned team managers ... I'd greatly appreciate it if those elections could be done as soon as possible ...
Im back from Holidays now, good to be back

Nation team manager applications will close 25th January for voting.
If you would like to be team manager find your nations subsection and sign up now.
Yes, Josh - you are very bad.

I agree with Tweaker...
Quote from Tweaker :While looking at the proposed calendar, I have some skepticism about whether or not we should start at that time.

As I said in an earlier post in this thread, March 1st is MoE's penultimate round at Blackwood, and most nation's drivers will be participating I am sure (Argentina, England, USA, Germany, etc). Surely a different time for the races to begin could be managed.

But that isn't the real reason why I post here. I am worried with some countries and their amount of sign-ups, and the progress of this league so far. Team managers and skinners will have to get working on skins, and nothing is really 'intact' or moving right now it seems. Is this league really going to happen? Rules or procedures are not established, nothing is confirmed exactly either.

Just don't want this to be another dying Nations Cup if you know what I mean. :o Granted this is probably one of the toughest leagues to conceive and manage, I still think we are running out of time even after a month of waiting, and nearly a month to go.

I think LFS WS should be very solid and well organized, as well as promoted there is no sense to hurry just because we want to start racing.
If we have to wait more weeks it will be fine as long as everything is well cover.

I thing we had a great beginning.
This thread is closed

Live for Speed World Series Discussion
(189 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG