The online racing simulator
The groups things sounds good. Then the winners of the groups go into a show down type thing.

Also, we need more nations. 16 is a measly amount, it should be as big as BOTT.
Quote from Tweaker :
I've actually always wanted to see an A1GP style league, where ALL 30+ countries race at once, with the FO8's only (and full skinpack), since it is a very balanced car, and good with racing.obvious issue

Woo im with Tweak with the FO8 but other then all that, i would love to see this hit its mark.
But also the Nations drivers sorting them selves out before the race country colours ect how would that work? because in all seriousness you will have a couple of unknown drivers wanting to drive while with the more well known team drivers also wanting to drive and because team drivers might be more well known they may get a majority vote, but thats just what i think could happen.
Id be more then happy to represent Australia, and if all else fails theres always mini Australia, *cough* NZ :P just messing with u
Please Arrow, can we have the FOX at AS2.

I hate you for not putting it into BOTT.

I promise I will bug you untill you add it!

Damn, 2 pages.
Quote from chanoman315 :why no divisions for the races.. groups? like in the Football World Cup?... it would be more fair, and by that all the countries that want to participate would race

Then it wont be no different to any other league in LFS a number of countries racing at once. The aim is to get as many as possible Countries racing online at the same time and find the Fastest country.

Quote from AstroBoy :
But also the Nations drivers sorting them selves out before the race country colours ect how would that work? because in all seriousness you will have a couple of unknown drivers wanting to drive while with the more well known team drivers also wanting to drive and because team drivers might be more well known they may get a majority vote, but thats just what i think could happen.
Id be more then happy to represent Australia, and if all else fails theres always mini Australia, *cough* NZ :P just messing with u

Sub forums would be created for each country. I would create a Sign up thread for each country. once sign ups are complete they vote on a team manager. then they will need to sort rest out for themselves i think.

Quote from The General Lee :Please Arrow, can we have the FOX at AS2.

There will definitly be a FOX just a matter of where
I still promise to bug you untill its as Aston Club and dont try and fool me and do it reverse
I would love to ban that combo Niall, it should never be put in a league ever again...

I think you should split up Great Britain into England Wales Scotland and Northern Ireland. Maybe having N.Ireland teaming up woth Rep. Ireland?

Just an idea
Quote from Arrow. :Then it wont be no different to any other league in LFS a number of countries racing at once. The aim is to get as many as possible Countries racing online at the same time and find the Fastest country.

the fastest country passes to the finals...
Quote from chanoman315 :the fastest country passes to the finals...

I dont think there is a finals, this series is the finals, and its looking for the fastest country out of all of LFS. Atleast thats what it seems like to me, and i hope this gets support from many drivers from each country for some fast paced racing
-
(AstroBoy) DELETED by AstroBoy
Quote from Arrow. :Isnt that would United Kingdom is
If United Kingdom consists of Scotland, Ireland, N. Ireland & England. What is Great Britain

British Isles - Eng, Sco, Wal, N Ire + Ire and all islands
UK - Eng, Sco, Wal, N Ire + all islands
GB - Eng, Sco, Wal, IOM, Scottish islands, Channel Islands

At olymipics - GB & N.Ireland - no idea why it isnt the UK? anyone know?
Quote from niall09 :
I think you should split up Great Britain into England Wales Scotland and Northern Ireland. Maybe having N.Ireland teaming up woth Rep. Ireland?
Just an idea

For the Nations Cup they were seperate, and it didn't work, just having UK would work much better
Quote from J@tko :At olymipics - GB & N.Ireland - no idea why it isnt the UK? anyone know?

Because there was some big war ages and ages ago, something about potatoes and one side slaughtered the others in their sleep. SO now N. Ireland are there own country.*

*Sorry for the vauge description, but we never done it in History at school, my mates mum told me when I was about 9.
Quote from joshdifabio :How about seperating the western and eastern hemispheres for scheduling purposes, and then having a couple of final rounds at the end of the season comprising of the top half from each hemisphere?

Edit: Actually, there are only about 10 countries in the western hemisphere, so that wouldn't really work .

FYI...list of Western Hemisphere countries:

Antigua, Argentina, Belize, Bermuda, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Easter Island (Chile), Ecuador, El Salvador, Falkland Islands (Argentina), Fernando de Noronha Archipelago (Brazilian territory), French Guiana, Galapagos Islands (Ecuador), Greenland, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Guyana (UK), Hispaniola, Honduras, Jamaica, Juan Fernandez Islands, Martinique, Mexico, Montserrat, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent, Saint-Pierre and Miquelon, Suriname (Netherlands), United States, Uruguay,US Virgin Islands, Venezuela
Quote from banshee56 :
Antigua, Argentina, Belize, Bermuda, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Easter Island (Chile), Ecuador, El Salvador, Falkland Islands (Argentina), Fernando de Noronha Archipelago (Brazilian territory), French Guiana, Galapagos Islands (Ecuador), Greenland, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Guyana (UK), Hispaniola, Honduras, Jamaica, Juan Fernandez Islands, Martinique, Mexico, Montserrat, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent, Saint-Pierre and Miquelon, Suriname (Netherlands), United States, Uruguay,US Virgin Islands, Venezuela

and the ones with bold, have S2 Licensed racers, very good ones, that deserve to take part in this races
Quote from jasonmatthews :Ahhh, can we not have Wales, Scotland, Ireland, N. Ireland & England as seperate nations??

@ Celtic100, don't worry m8, your not the only Welshman in the Village

then we can seperate countries like india on 200 parts , oh i forgot about Croat minority in Vatican and Monaco
Quote from blackcarmafia :then we can seperate countries like india on 200 parts , oh i forgot about Croat minority in Vatican and Monaco

Really? Do you think if someone wanted to refer to Scotland, would they say Great Britain.

Also, Ireland is a SEPERATE country, it's a republic, and i don't think many Irish LFS'ers would want to race for Great Britain.
ur all even more weird than we here, and we had war 10 years ago ... but u are still milking that few houndreet years old stuff
Quote from blackcarmafia :but u are still milking that few houndreet years old stuff

Errr, no, it happened less than 100 years ago. If there is going to be a Great British team, why would Ireland (the Republic) be in it in the first place?

Im all in for having seperate countries instead of the likes of Great Britain, this is supposed to Battle Of The Natons, right? Great Britain is no longer a country.
there are some very good racers here in brazil that may take part in this event

they show some interest, but the biggest problem is related to the different time zones

and sorry about the bad english
Quote from banshee56 :FYI...list of Western Hemisphere countries:

...Falkland Islands (Great Britain, near Argentina)...

Fixed for you

On the Ireland issue - we need to differenciate between Northern Ireland, which is part of the UK, and ROI which isn't. Northern Irish athletes in the olympics are part of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, have MSA as opposed to Motorsport Ireland racing licences etc... (OK, everything other than egg chasing).

There are two ways this could be done - like the Olympics (a UK team) or Football (ENG, SCO, WAL, NIR). Republic of Ireland is unaffected as it is not part of the UK.

I'd go for the Olympic setup for the sole reason that it does not cause talent dilution.

I'm waaaaaaaaay too slow to drive for the UK or England, but if you want someone who will try to be more Bruce McLaren than Steve McLaren, well, .....
Woah step back insted of this Great Britian stuff and wars blah blah blah, Why not just look at the A1GP, Irland is a sepret team same with the world cup rugby team or soccer. Irland is sepret, and i have to agree its Nations not Countries.
Quote from AstroBoy :Woah step back insted of this Great Britian stuff and wars blah blah blah, Why not just look at the A1GP, Irland is a sepret team same with the world cup rugby team or soccer. Irland is sepret, and i have to agree its Nations not Countries.

Are they not the same thing?
Quote from niall09 :Are they not the same thing?

Alright you got me there bet it made you laugh :P, but it can also depend on what light you look at it on. Right?
It's quite simple, there are only 2 countries in the British Isles: (the Republic of) Ireland and the United Kingdom (of Great Britain and Northern Ireland). Whilst England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland might be called countries by a lot of people it's like calling Florida or California etc. a country.
Quote from count.bazley :It's quite simple, there are only 2 countries in the British Isles: (the Republic of) Ireland and the United Kingdom (of Great Britain and Northern Ireland). Whilst England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland might be called countries by a lot of people it's like calling Florida or California etc. a country.

Thank you.
Quote from count.bazley :It's quite simple, there are only 2 countries in the British Isles: (the Republic of) Ireland and the United Kingdom (of Great Britain and Northern Ireland). Whilst England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland might be called countries by a lot of people it's like calling Florida or California etc. a country.

So are you saying that if there was a Great British team, Rep of Ireland would be part of it? If so, i dont think many irish people will be happy
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG