The online racing simulator
Live for Speed World Series Discussion
Discuss your idea and opinions in this thread, Thanks

Quote :LFS World series will consist of the best drivers from all over the globe racing for there Country in a variety of cars and track environments in order to find LFS's fastest Nation.

Start time: 10UTC & 20UTC rotated each round.

Calendar (Proposed, most likely to be Postponed to ensure best possible organisation.)
Round 1 March 1st - UF1 - AS cadet
Round 2 March 22nd - XRT - BL gp
Round 3 April 12th - XFR - SO town
Round 4 May 3rd - LX6 - Fern Bay Gold [updated]
Round 5 May 24th - FXR - Aston historic
Round 6 June 14th - FBM - Aston Club
Round 7 July 5th - FZR - KY gp long
Round 8 July 26th - FO8 - WE interntl

Teams and Drivers
LFS World Series will consist of 16 Nations, 2 drivers, 2 cars

Nations 16/16
Argentina
Australia
Brazil
Mexico
USA
Serbia
Czech Rep
Denmark
Estonia
Finland
Germany
Great Britian
Ireland
Netherlands
Poland
Russia

Race Server: Will be located in America (preferably) to help reduce lag.

Round Car/Track Combo: I was thinking of using 8 on the Main Hotlap Rank combos so teams can participate in the "[size=2]Main Hotlap Nations Rank" if they wish.

Method of Racing
16 Nations. 2 Drivers/cars per Nation, 1 Server.
20minute Qualifying
1 Hour Race

How it will work
Once Entries have been closed. The Nation will be given subsections each. There will be a thread, to sign up a member of your Nations team. a poll will be setup for "Nations Manager" the elected manager wil be totally responsible for the organisation for his/her Nations Team.

More Information too come.

would be awesome since the nationscup stopped after one season
How about seperating the western and eastern hemispheres for scheduling purposes, and then having a couple of final rounds at the end of the season comprising of the top half from each hemisphere?

Edit: Actually, there are only about 10 countries in the western hemisphere, so that wouldn't really work .
#4 - indie
It could only be you Arrow

It would be great to see the sequel from nations cup.

I would like to give 2 minor suggestions:

1 - I think the name for the competition is inappropriate, teams battle ok, but i think nations compete more then they battle.
You could always use the same title from the previous series, there is no rights on that i think, its your call anyway, this is just my opinion.

2 - Allow for as many subscriptions as possible, after that sort the system.
I ask for this because there could be more then 16 countries for sure, and considering that, leaving anyone out, would be completely wrong and against community spirit.
Projecting a championship involving countries is by far more different then your great BOTT. And i think you should look at it like the LFS Olympics
Where every country strong or weaker would be able to participate and gain from the experience.

That's it, good luck is this great project

Cyaz
I think the best thing to do is automatically sign up the top 10 countries (Where did the chart go which used to be on lfsworld?)
with S2 then let the rest sign up.

There are a number of things need to be discussed.

- Start time: most importantly finding the perfect time for all around the world which isnt easy.

- Lag/Servers: I was thinking either have the servers hosted in America/Canada as it is central between Australia and Europe or either rotate server location each round. Europe, America, Australia.

- Round Car/Track Combo: I was thinking of using 8 on the Main Hotlap Rank combos so teams can particpate in the "Main Hotlap Nations Rank" if they wish.
Example
UF1 - AS cadet
XFR - SO town
XRT - BL gp
LX6 - FE black rev
FO8 - WE interntl
MRT - FE gold
FXR - historic
FZR - KY gp long

- Method of Racing: Similar to BOTT 20mins Qualifying, roughly 50lap race or sprint races.
Sounds like a nice idea, shame I am nowhere near good enough to represent England...........I am half Welsh though.........
Quote from danowat :I am half Welsh though...

Everybody's suddenly half Welsh when they don't make the England team.
but it's true I tells ya
hahaha
I wish Aussies or vice versa didn't have to be alienated with such an idea, it's a real shame... because say if Germany vs Australia was in the semi-finals (and I am sure it would be), you wouldn't want some laggy racing.

That is one of the reasons Nationscup never hit it's mark; also because of timezone issues, which impacts race days immensely.

I've actually always wanted to see an A1GP style league, where ALL 30+ countries race at once, with the FO8's only (and full skinpack), since it is a very balanced car, and good with racing. Though, if you wanted, I guess you could choose different cartypes for each race, so that drivers from each country could get a chance (because there may be one fast driver in open wheelers, and one fast in FWD).

Still, timezones and times for races are the biggest issue, and there is no real way around that, other than hoping your country can stay up REALLY late/early on a weekend. This cannot always be the case, even for a country's fastest driver(s), so some countries would have to make ends meet just by filling in the blanks for time issues. That's not the way it should be.

That said, yeah you could split up different hemispheres in the first half of the season, but then that doesn't leave a fair elimination when the two hemispheres meet. They'd need to be racing against each other from the day it starts, until they are out. So I think you should stick to only a few continents unfortuneately. .

Europe being the most dominant, Aussies would surely need to be the ones driving late But then that just brings up yet another obvious issue....
I believe if Arrow is to Follow A1GP format it will be under the British Flag

Why not use LFS Tracker upto 24 hrs before the race to choose the respective drivers from each country for each round with the second fastest driver from each country as the reserve.

Also you could have a rule that a driver can only race in one round to give other competitors a chance of taking part, otherwise it may just turn out to be a championship for hotlappers only.

The chosen driver would also have to submit a replay of their fastest lap so cheating would not be a problem.

Just a couple of ideas.

PS : I'm the only Welshman in the village
Thanks Tweak, Timezones are a really big issue with events like these, even with BOTT.

Anywhere i can find the most LFS users per country?
Here >
Attached images
Image3.jpg
That's pretty much your full/active grid of countries right there ^
ok thanks Dan,

Germany
United Kingdom
United States of America
France
Australia
Finland
Canada
Spain
Netherlands
sweden

will be automatically entered
Ahhh, can we not have Wales, Scotland, Ireland, N. Ireland & England as seperate nations??

@ Celtic100, don't worry m8, your not the only Welshman in the Village
Quote :@ Celtic100, don't worry m8, your not the only Welshman in the Village

YES I AM !!!!!!!

The others are just Sheep :sheep:
If i cant make the irish team, i will try for the welsh
Quote from jasonmatthews :Ahhh, can we not have Wales, Scotland, Ireland, N. Ireland & England as seperate nations??

Isnt that would United Kingdom is
If United Kingdom consists of Scotland, Ireland, N. Ireland & England.

What is Great Britain
Great Britain is also the United Kingdom and England

I think Scotland, Wales, Ireland and England should be seperate teams as most Scots and Welsh are like "Bahhh the English" Excuse the pun Welshies
#21 - Nobo
Quote from The General Lee :Great Britain is also the United Kingdom and England

I think Scotland, Wales, Ireland and England should be seperate teams as most Scots and Welsh are like "Bahhh the English" Excuse the pun Welshies

So bavaria should have their own team, too
The biggest problem apart from timezone is: who decides who drives for each country? I would go with Celtic100
Best would be to have a tracker and the fastest x drivers of each country on the upcoming combo should be allowed to race for their country. They would need to confirm their entry before the round, if they dont do it the next on the list has their spot. You would need at least 2 confirmation dates though.
But then you have the problem that you only choose by fast laps and not race-pace. So you will never find a perfect system. Is not as easy as with BOTT where a TEAM nominates the drivers.
If you would make a team manager for a country, who decides who the team manager, you would always have some sympathism and antipatism between certain teams and drivers, a random person doesnt know all fast drivers in his country and so on. If the team manager looses interest in the league the probability that the whole team(nation) wont participate in a certain round is higher, whereas there war e drivers from the country who would like to participate.
I was thinking of getting subsection here on lfs forum for each entered country from there they can organize whos racing, team leader ect.
Quote from Arrow. :ok thanks Dan,

Germany
United Kingdom
United States of America
France
Australia
Finland
Canada
Spain
Netherlands
sweden

will be automatically entered

Hi

Sorry Arrow but there's no logic here ... doing it by percentage.
Maybe you could follow Nesrulz link to the old nc forum, although it isn't going to help unless you contact Nikimere, who was the nc admin.
Well my point is that if you're going to choose 10 countries, maybe you could go for the 10 finalists from the previous tournament?
For instance neither Belgium or Portugal is shown in your list, but both countries were in the final 10, and i might be forgetting some fellas.

What about the name? Should we start the fight for borders now? Is a rise of arms needed? Can't we just compete instead of battling?

Intéh
why no divisions for the races.. groups? like in the Football World Cup?... it would be more fair, and by that all the countries that want to participate would race
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG