The online racing simulator
I'll be there as soon as I get some info from my team mates.

CoRe.BigTime
XRR
i'll be sending the Password to everyone now.
Wrong pass is all i get.

Nvm miss spelled it.
i was suposed to come for SR, i dont have a pw
can some1 please send me the pw??
too late ?
#2 Alias John Holme
fxr
Password plz
Server changed to CD. same password
this was a silly silly race, i get a drive through for something i dont know yet and would very much like to know what was, and then one of my rear tyres touches the white line on the way out and i get anotherone, even thou its clear that i loose time from nailing down to make sure i dont go over the line...

well

Hf you that managed to race without getting 2x drive throughs and getting crashed out once
I was on TS with my team and it was really helpfull (safer) to have a spotter...will it be possible to have 2 drivers on the server 1 to drive and 1 to spot for this round only?
Nothing silly about the rules being upheld during a practice race - actually, ppl would probably think it's ok to do this and that when the real race takes place, because nothing happened during the test, eh?

It was more of a test/practice thingy than it was a race - you should have finished
Quote from kekkart :this was a silly silly race, i get a drive through for something i dont know yet and would very much like to know what was, and then one of my rear tyres touches the white line on the way out and i get anotherone, even thou its clear that i loose time from nailing down to make sure i dont go over the line...

well

Hf you that managed to race without getting 2x drive throughs and getting crashed out once

Talk was the reason for your initial DT. The second you were a lot more than just your back wheel over the line from what i saw. Either way it was a DT for crossing the line.
Quote from kekkart :this was a silly silly race, i get a drive through for something i dont know yet and would very much like to know what was

It was for chatting. It's a rule. Read 'em.

Quote :and then one of my rear tyres touches the white line on the way out and i get anotherone, even thou its clear that i loose time from nailing down to make sure i dont go over the line...

If you have to lose time from staying under the line, so does everyone else. That's also a rule.
Thanks for the great Race buddies !
Just need to keep my fingers away from the "send" buttons ;-)

Sorry again and cu you soon !
Quote from ingope :Thanks for the great Race buddies !
Just need to keep my fingers away from the "send" buttons ;-)

Sorry again and cu you soon !

No problem, man. Better to find out during a test race than the real thing, right?
Was a decent race till I ****ed up in drafting and got stuck on the wall and then talking later on.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :

No problem, man. Better to find out during a test race than the real thing, right?

Definitely
I swear i will read the rules before, not after the race next time.
Even its just a test race
Quote from BenjiMC :Talk was the reason for your initial DT. The second you were a lot more than just your back wheel over the line from what i saw. Either way it was a DT for crossing the line.

didnt know that read the rules fast before the start since im new in the online racing stuff.. just hit sorry because i thought what i did just before was stupid off me :$

but ok, allthou i lost alot of time from touching the white line

but like you guys say its a practice, just got kinda pissed after a 45 minute race to end it off like that, and my knee´s where starting to hurt alot so i couldnt be arsed to drive the rest knowing i was a backmarker
I know oval racing doesn't have the same basic "overlap" concept.

On lap 2 I was in the middle of a three wide sandwich going into turn one.

I'm following the dashed white lines as my guide, and BigTime turns into me before the track begins the turn.

It was an unfortunate, and it hurt a number of cars. We need some general guideline as to what the responsibility is of the drivers' lines when side-by-side.
I was on vent at the time with BigTime and he was very surprised that you were up so high on the track at that point. I don't know what the situation was with the bottom car, but the natural instinct in a corner like that is to compress toward the bottom. Obviously, staying too high means you lose a lot of time to the car(s) on the bottom; pressing lower means you lose less time. Following the painted lines in the corner is generally a bad idea, as they are at a constant radius while the ideal line through the corner is not.

I didn't see it, of course, but from what BigTime said it sounded like he turned down as he normally would in that situation and was surprised to find you where you were. His exact words, I believe, were that you "drove into the side of [him]."

Using your left and right-look functions in the turns on the oval is a pretty much constant necessity in order to gauge side-to-side distances (though of course the longer you do it the more you rely on instinct).
I can see where he thought that. Though it was before the track begun the turn, and when you're side-by-side there needs to be more respect for each other, especially on lap 2...
Attached images
turn-in.JPG
Ah, yeah.

Ideally, you would have been down no more than a car-width from the side of Dimo's car, but that doesn't mean BT shouldn't have looked to make sure that's where you were.

Racing incident, I guess.
Didn't want to start another thread to ask this. Was wondering if we'll be able to use Race Spectator 0.1 for the upcoming race?
Quote from LineR32 :Didn't want to start another thread to ask this. Was wondering if we'll be able to use Race Spectator 0.1 for the upcoming race?

Ideally, yes. It just depends on whether we can get the server on the relay in time. Should be able to.
Bones,

I'll the LOTF server to the relay. The question is then, do you intend to use the LOTF server? I understand that it was not used for the test event due to lag issues, but still there were a fair amount of disconnects from the CD server. So I guess you and Benji need to pick your poison.

IGTC Oval practice event Sunday 9th September
(52 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG