The online racing simulator
I was replying to Vykos' post Owen....... :doh:
#52 - thd
Quote from Vykos69 :The most important reason for multiple class racing IRL is money. As a faster car is usually more expensive to bring to racing and to drive it competitive. As we dont have the need for money for faster cars, this most important reason is gone. So everyone want to race for the overall win, so why dont you let them? And want to force several guys into GT2 cars? Well anyway, was just wondering, why you make such a fuss about it. Seems like only a minority wants GT2...

The main reasons may be economical, but that does not affect the results: Multi-class racing is an integral part of endurance racing, creating an entirely new set of challenges to the drivers involved whether they enter GT1 or GT2.

Of course, not everyone wants racing to be more difficult than it already is
Quote from Tweaker :I was replying to Vykos' post Owen....... :doh:

whoopsy. I'm still a bit drained from getting up for the test race yesterday on top of being sick already, so my head's not exactly in it's usual place.
I had understand?

The teams from last season can drive in GT1 and all the Newbies have to use this strange TBOs, because nobody want to switch to this?
right zui

and i fear, that also my team has to switch to GT2, even if we don't want to!!!!!!
and the alternatives will ALWAYS be the new teams, that have to take other cars...
Not ALL the "old" teams will choose GT1. We consider it and have registered one car in each class.

Since MoE now clearly have given that this league is a multiclass league it have to be that for real as well. A competition with 5 teams in GT2 is not a good idea, therefor a restriction in GT1 class teams is needed.
But I guess the fuzz about the restrictions scares some GT2 "wannabee" team away. Once that is clear prolly more teams will choose it.

EDIT: Damn what a stupid keypad I have. First sentence changed to GT1 ....
Quote from Cawwa :Not ALL the "old" teams will choose GT2. We consider it and have registered one car in each class.

Since MoE now clearly have given that this league is a multiclass league it have to be that for real as well. A competition with 5 teams in GT2 is not a good idea, therefor a restriction in GT1 class teams is needed.
But I guess the fuzz about the restrictions scares some GT2 "wannabee" team away. Once that is clear prolly more teams will choose it.

Sorry I'm not sure I grasped that correctly, are you proposing we now restrict GT1 classes because there are only 5 GT2 team entries?

If that is your idea wouldn't it be better if all the GT2 cars then switched to GT1, and have just good ol' regular single class racing?
No, a limit to teams in GT1 isn't anything new.
i already told this to scoop from the LFS-GT series: in my opinion the best thing would be a total revolution of the whole Moe, LFS-GT idea;
it would be very rewarding in my opinion to make MoE GT1 only. there would be more competition as well as less accidents due to drastic differences in speed.
multi class racing is a great idea, but to really make it work LFS Still doesn't have enough driver-slots. if you could enter something like 40 -50 cars, then FIA GT style racing would work very well because there would be enough teams in each class. therefor i would split these two classes up on different servers.
as i said, Moe being GT1 only and then LFS-GT as the official support and entry-series should be GT2 only (with restricted GTRs.)
under these circumstances there would be more competition and closer racing in both championships and those two championships could be even closer knit together. the best of the best would battle it out in Moe, and even the not so great drivers could have great races in LFS-GT(2) since with restrictions the GTRs are a lot easier to drive and closer together.
I guess he meant limit entries but what he put down in words read completely different. However I think its a little too late now to start limiting entries to GT1 because there are not enough GT2 entries, I assume this wont be happening at such a late stage?
From what I remember the admins in MoE discussed a limited GT1 class from the first start. Also they stated MoE is turning into multiclass league. A limitation could hardly be fresh news now.

No need to start the single class discussion again uh?
Quote from Cawwa :From what I remember the admins in MoE discussed a limited GT1 class from the first start. Also they stated MoE is turning into multiclass league. A limitation could hardly be fresh news now.

What he said
Could we please see the final applications list for the GT1 class?
I came onboard after the decision was made for restricted GTR's, but I will say that the majority voted for multiclass racing.
Can we please wait till we have the real final application list before we start this discussion?

Thank you.
Quote from Cawwa :From what I remember the admins in MoE discussed a limited GT1 class from the first start. Also they stated MoE is turning into multiclass league. A limitation could hardly be fresh news now.

Granted the idea was to introduce multi-class racing into the MoE but as it stands we have 24 cars in the GT1 class, I think a few posts prior to this you mentioned limiting the GT1 class to 20 cars and Keiichi suggested 17. Obviously this would mean a few teams would be forced to move to the GT2 class or not drive at all, so I'm just curious to know what the final outcome will be regarding the amount of GT1 teams being allowed to race.

It would be unfair to remove any teams from the race purely because they selected a GT1 to fill the space for the GT2 class, and with the results from the poll showing the majority of people voted for single class racing - I'm sure a few people would be a little ticked off.
#67 - Worm
can we have an update of the team list?
because i sent an email and i got no answer. thx.
why don't we all wait for an official decision of the admins????
Of course we all can twist the results back and forth for what suites us best ...

What the poll says is that multiclass comes before single class racing, nothing more. Of course you could say that the poll really didn't matter since the admins of MoE was into multiclass from the start, before the poll was made, and I must say I agree upon that.

The majority of the admins choose the restricted GTR be course of safety reasons among others after some debate while the poll was going on.

It's nothing unfair to restrict the GT1 cars in order to get better racing over all imo.

But as you all know, it's up to the admins.
#70 - thd
Quote from Rooble :Granted the idea was to introduce multi-class racing into the MoE but as it stands we have 24 cars in the GT1 class,

24 applications might not turn into 24 cars - this is not a free-for-all series.

(Note I have no active role in the series management nor have I looked at the applicants list so this is a general remark )
I dont like the idea of saying to teams that despite there being room for you in the server, that if you want to participate then it has to be in GT2 despite you wanting to be in the GT1 class, but short of scrapping the GT2 class completely i guess there isnt too much that can be done about this. Its possible that some of the GT1 applicants will be refused, just because there is room doesnt mean they automatically qualify on that basis, so maybe some will be politely requested to rethink their application, but if all teams are perfectly capable in GT1 maybe some forced reshuffling would need to be done to keep the multiple classes entertaining and worthwhile.
Its unfortunate that the numbers havent been as anticipated, but maybe the majority of the votes could have come from people liking the idea but in reality wouldnt actually be participating in it, so effectively distorting the numbers. Thinking its a great idea AND being willing to give up a GT1 place to join in is a different matter all together.

I would have thought the GT2 class could be used in a similar manner to what LFSGT acheived, have it as a stepping stone for new teams, whether they feel they're ready or otherwise, if the experience isnt there then unless there are special circumstances then the GT2 class should be the first step of the actual MoE ladder, just as LFSGT has been a proving ground in the past (possibly still will be?).
Well put Paul, and like was said earlier the restriction on class numbers to a maximum of 20 cars in either class is nothing new. I'd like the distribution between classes to be more even, but It's probably not going to happen.

We have about (without looking them up) 35 gt1 entries. that means 15 guys at least that will be welcome to reapply as GT2 teams and compete for the GT2 championship.
Quote :Or rather this was just a smart way to put in the system they wanted, regardless of the vote.

Well, as admins, we could do that anyways, couldn't we? If you read the very first post again of the poll-thread, it was stated right away, that all votes for either restricted GTRs as GT2 or FWD-GTRs would be counted as a vote for multiclass racing. Only if these combined votes had been lower than the single class racing votes, your point would be valid. As it is, it is not. Yes, we were always focussed on multiclass racing, even before we started the very first race of MoE. We have said this before, too. We only didn't implement it before now since we did not have enough room on the server, as we said before as well. So please do not try to put it down as some kind of ill inspired conspiracy that now all of a sudden we have multiclass racing because we tweaked some poll results.

As admins, we wouldn't even have needed the poll, we could have just done it. We wouldn't have, had the majority opposed the thought of multiclass racing. They didn't though. We now simply have to get it sorted out. As it stands right now, we have, iirc 8 entries, which is a good start. They haven't all been checked on their racing pedigree yet, but I am confident we will get this underway as planned.
25% like green apples
33.33% like red apples
41.67% like oranges

Looks like more people like apples than oranges
I bet they don´t mind some oranges.

Applications Open for MoE 2007/2008
(88 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG