The online racing simulator
Quote from Razvan :just to let you know... the link doesnt work... gives me error 403 in german :|
does it work for u guys?

jep, works fine for me

maybe it works for you as an attachment:
Attached images
moeapp07.PNG
How many spaces are there going to be in each class?
I am not 100% sure on the exact count of both classes, but I do know that GT1 will have more open slots than GT2. I think we are waiting to see just how many entries we get in each class.

EDIT: Just a reiiteration of a frequently asked question:

Q: If we also enter a GT2 team can the list of
drivers be the same as for our GT1 team?
(from Joshdifabio)

A: Yes, it can, however one driver cannot drive for two cars on one weekend.

Means if you have drivers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and you drivers 1, 2, 3 all drive
the GT1 car let's say during the Kyoto 12h, they cannot drive the GT2 car in
the same race. On the next race weekend they can be switched around. (from Hoellsen)
Quote from Clownpaint :How did you come to that conclusion? I see 11 confirmed GT1 teams and just 3 GT2 at this point.

Unless you meant there are more to begin with.

Yeah, he did mean that .
Can you upload the current teamlist?
Quote from DreaF :Can you upload the current teamlist?

Yes, can somebody upload it please?
Here you go
Attached images
moe.JPG
Current applications.

GT1 Applications are open until Sunday, Sept. 9 22:00 UCT (Midnight CET Summertime)

GT2 Applications are open until Monday, Sept. 10 22:00 UCT (Midnight CET Summertime)
Attached images
moe.PNG
Is there a general lack of interest in GT2 (i.e. everyone wants to drive the faster car) or is everyone waiting to see how the balance tests work out?
There was plenty of enthusiasm earlier, doesn't seem so now though.

I just wish at this point that -I- was still enthusiastic. Has nothin to do with you guys but i'm bushed
Hmm with only 3 GT2 cars, id would like to suggest to loose the GT2 class completly, for the GT2 class there isnt much fun left then with only 3 cars on the track, + we dont need to pay attention of GT2 cars...

+ we loose the fact of slower GT2 cars completely... And for teams like my team driving a GT2 there isnt much fun or competition left. Id rather see my team drive a GT1 car instead then.

So IMO its smart to loose the GT2 class @ all, because of the low interest of the GT2 class... I think if you look @ the entry list that this will be a good solution, so i hope you guys think about it. My team doesnt mind driving a GT1 or GT2 car, i dont know if its possible to change to a GT1 car after the application but i will be considering this option, which leaves only 2 GT2 cars on the grid...

Id strongly hope so that the organisation will be discussing this fact...
The deadline isn´t here yet, is it?
Quote from Priitmek :The deadline isn´t here yet, is it?

Not yet, no. The deadline is 2200 UTC tonight (0100 Estonian time tomorrow morning).
This deadline applies only for GT1 applications. For now we are hoping to see more GT2 applications.

Mercury Racing Team and Team XFR:
Please sent us a Mail regarding your final class/car choice.
Attached images
moeneu.PNG
Why not limit the GT1 cars to 20?
My thought was to restrict them to 17 like last year and have 13 GT2 cars.
This is the list of applications and not the final amount of cars in each class
Quote from KeiichiRX7 :My thought was to restrict them to 17 like last year and have 13 GT2 cars.

That's ok too ...
The most important reason for multiple class racing IRL is money. As a faster car is usually more expensive to bring to racing and to drive it competitive. As we dont have the need for money for faster cars, this most important reason is gone. So everyone want to race for the overall win, so why dont you let them? And want to force several guys into GT2 cars? Well anyway, was just wondering, why you make such a fuss about it. Seems like only a minority wants GT2...
Quote from Vykos69 :The most important reason for multiple class racing IRL is money. As a faster car is usually more expensive to bring to racing and to drive it competitive. As we dont have the need for money for faster cars, this most important reason is gone. So everyone want to race for the overall win, so why dont you let them? And want to force several guys into GT2 cars? Well anyway, was just wondering, why you make such a fuss about it. Seems like only a minority wants GT2...

Actually according to the poll taken before this party got started, a majority wanted multi-class racing.
We shouldn't be forcing people to choose GT2, people can choose what they want. But if any team would like to offer driving GT2 instead of GT1, that is appreciated, and would help change this GT1 class majority. We probably should have had a slot system where teams had to register the class they wanted before the class filled up.

The only reason I suspect people have not chosen GT2 is because they are unsure about which car will be faster, and that nobody is really accustomed to driving those restricted cars.

Again, we encourage more GT2 entries, even if it means some teams decide to switch from GT1 to GT2. I am thinking that if we do get teams switching car choices, we will want no more than 20 GT1 cars. 10 GT2 cars would be fine, but I think we will want around 12 for that class.

I want to also point out that I am trying to arrange some deals for prizes to our winners. This means that GT1 could possibly have a set of prizes for the top 3, and GT2 have prizes also.
I didn't say anything about forcing someone to drive a car they don't want to. If they don't get selected for GT1 and dont wanna drive a GT2 car then they don't. If they don't get selected for GT1, there's no reason that they can't apply for GT2 to still get on the grid.

Applications Open for MoE 2007/2008
(88 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG