The online racing simulator
Round 4 Fern Bay Green - Pre-race discussion
Bit worried about this one, it being a thin track an all.........Uhmm
I will be putting in some laps tonight to get a feel for it, we'll see how it goes Schwitz
Quote from GFresh :I will be putting in some laps tonight to get a feel for it, we'll see how it goes Schwitz

Same here if my plan for tonight stays in shape, this track will not suit the fz5 at all and the rac will dominate once again the wr's speak for themselfs.
A track I know, but haven't attempted much with the RAC... Perhaps i'll get better than last this time Wink

Shouldn't be a drama getting to the track this time either Smile
Hello can i still join in?
Grtz Teun
Sure, you are more than welcome to join the reserves, please sign up in the sign up thread
What sort of times are you guys getting? I had an inferno set for this round that was pants so i used my SO5 set. Currently getting mid 18's after about 15 laps.
I am struggling, about 1:19's ATM
lol, im getting mid 21's Shy after about 10 laps. The Fz5 doesn't turn at all, like trying to drive a tree Big grin

Tilt
I'm kind enough to let you try my setup Razz tbh you should thank Willi since it's his SO5 setup. i just modified it a bit for this race.
Attached files
FZ50_FE2 2.set - 132 B - 733 views
Yeah, 1:19's for me too, not tried out that set though Uhmm
tried a 12 lap run yesterday and got down to low 17's on high fuel. Two spots i'm slow are the chicane and the fast right hander. I'm about 90-92 mph through the chicane and the WR is 100-102.
I did some praccy with GFresh last night, were running mid to low 17's, tried your set Benji, couldn't get on with it, it's nice over the kerb's (high and soft front suspension?) but a bit understeery for me.
My set works well, apart from if I hit a kerb it sends me flying...........

This is gonna be a tricky event.......
Have to agree with that. I picked up slightly more pace with Benji's set last night, with being able to bollock it over the kerbs. However i think i can pick up even more with my other set if i learn to drive the track properly Big grin
I tryed this combo the other week and was doing 1.16s and some 1.15s for race pace with a little tweak from my Kyoto national rev set.

Hope to improve the set quite a bit by next thursday (try these sets if you like).
Attached files
FZ50_FE green.set - 132 B - 918 views
FZ50_FE green Qual.set - 132 B - 912 views
#16 - bozo
Well, I intend to be somewhere other than hanging off the rear of the pack in this next race. I've done 10 laps and I'm hitting the 1:19s, so with some practice over the weekend I may get down to FZ5 pace ... suspect some RACs may be quicker!

I cannot find a server running FE Green (EDIT: with any drivers on!). It would be good to get some practice tonight or tomorrow night online. I'd really benefit driving amongst other cars to see where on the track I'm comparatively quicker and slower ... well, to see where I'm slow and even slower Big grin .

Got a server Dan?
I haven't got a server, but I intend to setup one from home for this combo tonight at 1930BST, server name Adaptive racing.
#18 - bozo
Quote from danowat :I haven't got a server, but I intend to setup one from home for this combo tonight at 1930BST, server name Adaptive racing.

Cool, I'll catch you sometime after 8pm.

I've seen the new website for Adaptive Racing. Good to see things progressing with the new team.
Did some 10 lappers with Bozo and Dan tonight, and managed some low 16's... that's with just 25% fuel though. I'll test with full fuel later on. I like this combo...it's fun! Big grin Hard to pass people though..
Yeah, I can't break 1:17:90, it's a tough combo, and it's gonna be VERY tough to pass, I just hope we can all get through the first chicane in one piece...........
Well, if practice earlier on was anything to go by, it may well be the first chaotic T1 of the season
#22 - bozo
Quote from audimasta :Did some 10 lappers with Bozo and Dan tonight ... Hard to pass people though..

For such a small car, that RAC can be made soooo wide Big grin

I'm down to a best of 1:18.30, but consistency will play a big part in the race. I don't believe T1 will be a big disaster, these aren't sprint races and we've seen a lot of mature driving so far in the season.
Quote :I don't believe T1 will be a big disaster, these aren't sprint races and we've seen a lot of mature driving so far in the season.

No they are not, and you are right, everyone so far has been very sensible and considerate to others at the start. But T1 in this race is a different animal, it's VERY tight for that amount of cars to rush through, and the kerbs are heinously large, all it takes is a little touch.
Don't get me wrong, i'm not wishing it will happen, i just think everyone needs to take this one especially carefully.
-
(speedway) DELETED by speedway
best bet to use virtual lights for this track
Just had a praccy offline, somehow managed a 1.18.x but the rest were all 1.19/1.20s.

Just can't get a balanced setup, either doesn't turn in or becomes a drift setup FrownFrown

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG