The online racing simulator
X-Hour
(19 posts, started )
X-Hour
This is the second time in 2 races time that I'm suddenly disconnected after a race. Are you guys kicking me for some reason or something? This is getting annoying. And now the server is full...
Quote from obsolum :This is the second time in 2 races time that I'm suddenly disconnected after a race. Are you guys kicking me for some reason or something? This is getting annoying. And now the server is full...

Do you have the message it gave you when you were kicked? If not, can you try again? If you're kicked again look for the message so we can see why you were kicked.
duno where to put this so il post it here

the X system has went off at least 3 times maby more during races, meaning no replay was recorded(or thats wat it looks like from the archive) and no points were given =[ i needed that replay lol
this is being looked into please be patient and if you need a replay save it the normal way until it is resolved
im sure it is( im sure becky+sam are workaholics ) but i didnt save the reply lol =/ bah il get over it
Quote from Christofire :Do you have the message it gave you when you were kicked? If not, can you try again? If you're kicked again look for the message so we can see why you were kicked.

Well that's the thing, there wasn't any message as far as I can tell. I just disconnected from the server. The thing is, I almost never have this happen on any server, and the 2 times it did happen it was because the server crashed and everybody was disconnected and could only rejoin after a little while. This time it seemed to be only me so that's why I was wondering if maybe I was being kicked for whatever reason I wasn't doing anything wrong and hadn't caused any incidents, but you never know...
#10 - SamH
I don't have any reports filed against you obsolum! I can only think it's teething problems for our system. There have been some, this evening, but we're tracking and fixing on the fly. So far it's all looking pretty good, but for the next day or so I think there may be the occasional hiccup.

I guess this is the public beta everyone's been asking for
Things is yay! Lots of people racing that I don't recognize, and packed servers. There was a lot of bumping and groaning for my first few races but once I finally got my slow self toward the front (shh! it was really the middle, but don't tell anyone) it got better.

Apparantly people who aren't generally on STCC/CTRA like to honk.
Quick question: I wanted to file a report but when I wanted to select a replay there were only 4 or so stored, from a couple hours ago. Could that be, or am I just missing something? Anywho, I saved all the replays myself so if there is a way to do it via the site or e-mail I'd be happy to do it. I've got multiple replays saved so maybe it'd be easier through mail, dunno...
Quote from SamH :I don't have any reports filed against you obsolum! I can only think it's teething problems for our system. There have been some, this evening, but we're tracking and fixing on the fly. So far it's all looking pretty good, but for the next day or so I think there may be the occasional hiccup.

I guess this is the public beta everyone's been asking for

Well overal it looks pretty darn good. Althought somehow now on Race1 you cant rejoin. It keeps saying no rejoining in first 2 lapes. Havent seen that 1 during beta period.
Quote :Quick question: I wanted to file a report but when I wanted to select a replay there were only 4 or so stored, from a couple hours ago.

It seems to be that replays have stopped saving, I think this might be when we opened the second server - i'm beginning to think that LFS dedi hosts cannot share a replay output directory, so it's something that needs a little development, please email do0f (do zero f) at ukct.net and he'll evaluate the report for you.

It's midnight now and i'm only just aware of this bug, so it might have to be tomorrow.

@neils1 - how many times have I told beta testers ... lol - the software was restarted.
It keeps telling me i cant join the race in "CTRA race 1" because "passengers are not allowed on this server". My garage settings show i have no passengers onboard though.
This is believed to be an insim bug and related to old setups, an option long since removed from the low end cars prior to patch X, when set, seems to tell insim that it has passengers on board. I need to make Scawen aware of this actually but I dont have an effected set, if you could post the link here please i'll be able to diagnose it when the launch fever is over and present a bug report to Scawen. For now i'm affraid you'll have to use a different setup.
Certainly, there is no hurry, that should allow me to join. It was more just to check if it was a known issue. Is it the setup you need or replay?

EDIT: Uploaded set as per Shiny red cobra's instructions.
Attached files
XF GTI_RACE_S.set - 132 B - 126 views
Quote from jimmytwohand :Certainly, there is no hurry, that should allow me to join. It was more just to check if it was a known issue. Is it the setup you need or replay?

I'm pretty sure she needs the setup, cause the replay is pretty much useless if you couldn't even join the race. But uploading both can't hurt, can it?

(dude you can upload it directly to the forum, click "manage attatchments" at the bottom of the posting page.)
Forgot to mention the guy that bumped me in the last turn of the last lap of my first decent race last night. He pushed me in to the wall, cost me a spot and damaged my suspension.

When I got straightened out and moving, he was on the front straight waiting for me to pass and get my position back.

X-Hour
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG