The online racing simulator

Poll : Race length for the "Big One" Kyoto 360° Event:

SUPERSIZE IT: 360 Laps
Make it Miles: 190 Laps (~360 Miles)
I don't care.
Kyoto 360° make it miles or laps?
As you all know the final race of the LFSCAR 360degree.tk Cup Series will be the Kyoto 360°. In season 1, the race lasted for 360 Laps. At the start of season 2 i reduced the lenth to 190 laps which is 360 miles.

In the meantime, i got several requrests from drivers inside the series, to make it 360 laps as well, so the race will be "the big one".

the poll will be finished 2 weeks before the race, and i will give out the actual race length by then.
#2 - DeKo
At the time we start at currently (8 oclock or so) 360 laps would be very heavy going and would take us to at least 12 oclock (thats taking 40 second laps, not counting yellow's etc).

However, i wouldnt mind so much if we started a bit earlier (maybe 6/half 6?). Then i would gladly take part in the full 360 laps, but i just think that past 12 oclock is a bit steep and a lot of people might not be able to manage that.
yep, i would not mind to start it earlier of course if we are going for the 360 laps...
#4 - DeKo
Quote from Fischfix :yep, i would not mind to start it earlier of course if we are going for the 360 laps...

If thats the case, count my miles vote as a Supersize vote.
How about something like a 500 mile race? 360 laps would be a bit too long, would be a 684 mile race. 500 miles would be ~264 laps.
I would like to stick to 190 please.
360 laps is way to much go for 190 or 188
360 Lap as last year please

(the 500 mile idea would be better, but 190 is for the weak / lightweights:razz
I think last season's was a bit too long. With this season's pace-car situation..I think we could be in for a 6+ hour race. Why don't we do a 3 hour race? Timed?
Simple Solution......NO PACE CAR in the 360

Just Drive Careful and stay out of trouble

Back off and let the maniacs kill each others race
With some experience in those endurance races .. it can clearly said, most crashes happen in first 50 laps. After that everyone cooled down a bit and most wreckers left the grid. So fcy should not extend the race for so long.
Last years race took about 4,5h with fxr. The xrr has an advantage in speed of at least 6 tenth per lap but the shouldn't change much in the overall length.

For me 360 laps is to long. But 190 laps is to short.
For strategy reasons there should be at least two pit stops be made even if ur tires can take 120 laps. So the race should be at least 240 laps.
How about having a 3.6 hours race ?
3.6h * 60 * 60 = 12960s / 40 s/lap = 324 laps
- 24 laps for a few fcy = 300 laps

I know some will say 40s per laps is to slow, but imagine ... u running on hard tires with a lot of fuel.
How about 360km?
even less than 360 miles

but i like the idea of 360 laps cos it fits my style of just trudging along
ok what about this new suggestion:

3 x 60 minutes which will be 180 minutes race which will be 270 laps with a 40s average per lap. the 270 laps is in between of both joices so i think this will be a fair compromise and with the 3x60 we still have the 360 in the name for the event. one more thing which makes this even better: 270 laps are 503.310666 miles so we have a 500 miles race, 360 in the name and much shorter then a 360 laps race.

what do you think? fuel usage will be about 243% and with the R2 tire restriction we will have a lot of pit-stops and strategy going on during the race.

one more thing if we are going for this option, everyone staying within 50% of the race-winners lap will get his points for this event doubled up.
Quote from Fischfix :ok what about this new suggestion:

3x60 minutes which will be 180 min. race which will be 270 laps with a 40s average per lap. the 270 laps is in between of both joices so i think this will be a fair compromise and with the 3x60 we still have the 360 in the name for the event.

what do you think? fuel usage will be about 243% and with the R2 tire restriction we will have a lot of pit-stops and strategy going on during the race.

Sounds like a plan Unfortanately I wont be able to race because of school My last race will be at the Pancake layout.
if there is support of more then 90% of the drivers who want to participate in this event we can change the date to the sunday before or after the scheduled day.
360 minutes
Quote from Fischfix :ok what about this new suggestion:
3 x 60 minutes which will be 180 minutes race which will be 270 laps with a 40s average per lap. the 270 laps is in between of both joices so i think this will be a fair compromise and with the 3x60 we still have the 360 in the name for the event. one more thing which makes this even better: 270 laps are 503.310666 miles so we have a 500 miles race, 360 in the name and much shorter then a 360 laps race.

Ok. call it the 3X60 Event
Quote from Fischfix :

Do u wanna keep the r2 tire rulez even for the long event ?

Quote from Fischfix :
one more thing if we are going for this option, everyone staying within 50% of the race-winners lap will get his points for this event doubled up.

I don't get a sense out of it.

Last I point ... I want to race on Monday.
The schedule had been given out before the season, so there is no point to argue about yet.
If a view kids can't be there, they should have already known about before the season.
thats why i said "if MORE then 90% of the poeple agree with it". i am not one of the 90% because of the same reasons you have mentioned yankman. for me lfscar is set to monday, because this is "my racing day". and also because when you look at the statistics, lfs has the most people online on monday.

but if there 19 out of 20 people for a change that date to sunday i can go along with it for one race. 18 out of 20 is NOT more then 90%.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG