The online racing simulator
Disqual in pits :(
Hello OLFSL crew,

Last nights race for me was not the best (infact it was my worst race) anyway, I was on lap 35 and had a bad crash and was limping back to the pits, on my way I was lapped (again) just as I started going into the pits the race ended as I was about 5 laps down, I stopped to repair then got disqual'ed

If you see the replay you'll see. I am just wondering if I will get the points for my placement or the DisQual points?

Thanks!
We'll think about this one Pabs; I have no firm views right now, but you have my sympathy ;-)

Solar Hydro
I just hate to think I get 0 points, I had a very bad race but I stuck with it when othes disconnected after crashing, 35 laps and no poitns will make me very sad

:P
i was in the P5 race as well and witnessed his DQ, so i think i can have a few words regarding this as well

with the p2 patch, you can't finish races in the pits to prevent last lap pitting in races with mandatory pit stops or to prevent last lap stop&go/drivethrough penalties

since pabs wasn't forced to pit in any way and also was 5 laps down and could not know that the leader crosses the finish line while he was pitting, i hope he'll get the points - everything else wouldn't be correct in my eyes

he didn't break any racing rules, didn't disturb the other pool5 racers on the track and did nothing that should have seen him getting a DQ at all - he crossed the finish line by himself without shift+s or reset, so no reason for a DNF as well

he should just appear as finished 5 laps down and get the points for it
Thanks DasKlee
I'll take a look too. But it seems you shouldn't be disqualified, doesn't sound fair to me..

Oh well, I'll know more when I watch the replay.
A busy time for you Mrs
Isn't it always?
Quote from DasKlee :since pabs wasn't forced to pit in any way and also was 5 laps down and could not know that the leader crosses the finish line while he was pitting, i hope he'll get the points - everything else wouldn't be correct in my eyes

Well, the "<PLAYER> won the race" message was up quite a while before he entered the pits. However, I think he just didn't know LFS would do this or he would of limped it to the finish line - it was the same distance after all.

And yes, Pabs did race clean (in regards to others) and obeyed all blue flags, etc without problem (pulled over at a proper time without jeopardising anyone's race). And since he technically did 35 laps, didn't have any penalty (stop/go - drive through) and didn't abandon it sounds fair (to me) that he should get 7th position. Unless adhering to the game's built-in rules is important.
Quote from xaotik :Well, the "<PLAYER> won the race" message was up quite a while before he entered the pits. However, I think he just didn't know LFS would do this or he would of limped it to the finish line - it was the same distance after all

i didn't watch the replay but if i remember correct, the DQ message came shortly after the XXX won the race message

so from what i remember, he was already in the pits - at least it looked to me (while being still in the race) that way.. could be wrong here though, since i was racing and didn't really look at the text messages as careful as the admin did

doesn't change the fact, that he did nothing to deserve a DQ and crossed the finish line on his own without using any illegal methods (shift+s, reset..), but you already mentioned that - so i'd still stick to my opinion that he should be counted as finisher and not as DQ or DNF
Quote from DasKlee :i didn't watch the replay but if i remember correct, the DQ message came shortly after the XXX won the race message

Nah, at 1h 39mins and while Pabs was before the twist after the last chicane coming out of the stadium the message for the winner was up. Pabs went into the pits at 1h 40mins.
Thanks xaotik

I still did not want to jepordise anyones race, so I went to pits.

Now you mention it the race was finished before I was at pit entrance, but I did not know that I would get disqualfied wehn I stopped.

My car was so badly damaged I could not keep it straight, so I drove into the pits to keep out of the way.

Its a pity I had a bad race, I enjoyed that car and track combo it was fun, but I clipped the grass far too often causing spins then hitting the barriers, plus it was a new set I just got that day from a team mate, it made me faster, but I didn't have a lot of time to practice with it.

I should have stuck with my slower set

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG