The online racing simulator
Preliminary Schedule for 2007/2008
In preparation for the upcoming season, we have decided on a preliminary schedule.
  1. 12h of Kyoto: September 29
  2. 6h of South City Long: October 27
  3. Westhill 6h: November 24
  4. 24h of Aston: January 19
  5. Blackwood 6h: March 1
  6. 6h of Kyoto: April 5
As you can see, we have made some slight changes. We introduced two 1000km races which will be run not against a timelimit, but against a number of km. We will state the number of laps for those races in the final schedule.

Also, we introduced South City Long to the calendar, let's see how the endurance teams hold up in the close confines of a city track.

Please, do not apply for MoE yet, this will be done in a seperate thread with more information. If you have any questions, pls use admins _@_ mastersofendurance.eu and not PMs since the email-address will reach all of us admins, not just one as a PM.
Is there a time table for race-day operations?
12h: Start at 8am UCT, 24h start at 15:00 UCT, the rest at either 10 or 11 UCT (depends on summertime in CET timezone).
summertime example:

1 - 12h of Kyoto: September 29 - 8am UTC
2 - 1000km of South City Long: October 27 - 10am UTC

October 28 - CEST->CET

3 - Westhill 6h: November 24 - 11am UTC
4 - 24h of Aston: January 19 - 3pm UTC
5 - Blackwood 6h: March 1 - 11am UTC

March 30 - CET->CEST

6 - 1000km of Kyoto: April 5 - 10am UTC
Quote from Hoellsen :12h: Start at 8am UCT, 24h start at 15:00 UCT, the rest at either 10 or 11 UCT (depends on summertime in CET timezone).

Any chance that can be altered a bit? 8AM UTC is 4AM on the US East Coast, and 1AM on the West Coast. Any chance that start time can be moved out a few hours?
The times are set since 2 Seasons. There werent any problems yet I think.
It`s a 12h race, doesn`t really matter when it starts..
If it doesn't really matter when it starts, then why can't we move the time to a spot that more people of the world can do easier?

8AM EST = 12PM UTC, which puts the end at 12AM UTC, which I assume most of you guys can probably stay up that late.
I know I wouldn't mind the times of the 24 hour being moved forward a couple of hours, but maybe those in countries where the race goes on untill 5am, in the morning they would.

It's also to do with broadcasting and other things, getting the finish is obviously an important thing and I doubt any broadcaster would be up at those sort of times, not happily anyway.
Mika would He is a great guy.
It's also got to do with traditional times for such races. The Sebring 12h are started at 10 in the morning and the 24h Le Mans, Spa and Nürburgring are all started at 4 in the afternoon, I think the Daytona 24 as well. The 1000km of the LMS start, iirc at noon. We modelled the series after ACO racing events, which is why we are also using these times. And being mainly situated in Europe means having these times at the UCT times mentioned.
Simple question... 12hs Kyoto.... tradition says is Kyoto Gp Long, but, normal or reverse?
Normal.
There's yet to be reversed configuration in moe.
How about something completely new, lets start one of the 1000 km races at midnight 0:00 ?
No. If we had real night racing, we could think about it. The way it is: no.
Quote from Jonesy_ :Normal.
There's yet to be reversed configuration in moe.

Please don't burn me but i'd like to see rev track too. For example Kyoto National Rev is much much better then Kyoto National, or some of Aston configurations.....

Edit:Westhill rev is nice too. Darky you may be doing MoE for first season (like me too) but most of others are here for long long time (2 years) and they did all those tracks twice :|
And rev can be fun too, just learn it
Quote from N I K I :Please don't burn me but i'd like to see rev track too. For example Kyoto National Rev is much much better then Kyoto National, or some of Aston configurations....

No please! No reversed configs, please! Never! Oh, I hate all rev. In Dutch it's called "uitmelken", don't know the word for it in english. But I'm against all rev configs! :P
I dunno if "uitmelken" can be translated, but the closest would be "overdoing it"/ "extracting to much from a single product".
However, I have to disagree. ky2r, as3r, bl1r are way better then their overdriven (thus dull) counterparts.
Quote from mikey_G :I dunno if "uitmelken" can be translated, but the closest would be "overdoing it"/ "extracting to much from a single product".
However, I have to disagree. ky2r, as3r, bl1r are way better then their overdriven (thus dull) counterparts.

Well, thing is, all the tracks feel like they are designed to go one direction. It's like the devs only made reversed options to have "more tracks", but this isn't really true.

That the original tracks are driven so much doesn't make them dull..

Ah well, my conclusion: please stick with the original tracks, they're great already.
I also really enjoy KY Long Rev and FE Gold Rev.
I have to agree, a lot of the reversed tracks are more fun, however KY2 isn't one. BL1r is however better and aston nat just because of the chicane and last corner(reversed config)
LFS needs a TRACK INJECTION, the game is getting better by the patch, but a new GOOD track every now and then, forget about it...

There are only a few good tracks, Aston combo's are quite ok although the last chicane isnt that realistic... But imo Aston is a good circuit the rest isnt very good, even the Blackwood layout isnt that nice anymore after a few years... Kyoto for instance has the potential tobe a good circuit, although the devvs have blown it with unrealistic chicanes, or dull layouts like Kyoto National... Most circuits have simular cornes all the way, only Aston combo's have a decent amount of low mid and fast speed corners...

I really hope there will come some new tracks soon... TBH some layouts are getting on my nerves because of stupid sections in tracks, its just so irritating sometimes... And kills my hunger to race or train in lfs... Id rather do some Rfactor on those moments...

I cant even remember when the last layouts have been released...
We need new and realisitc tracks asap... I think if they dont make some new tracks asap that our game will loose its popularity over other games... Or lets say i will loose my interest in it...

I would love to design tracks for LFS... Buttttt............
ever saw LeMans 24h driven rev IRL?

DONT change the track combos!
There are like 50 great tracks at least, it's just the GTR's which dont fit their asses on FE and SO and so on
There's nothing wrogn with running a course on a reverse configuration. THAT SAID, MOE is also trying to estblish some traditions within the series, like the kyoto 12hour and the aston 24hour. While I'm quite sure that Circuit De La Sarthe would be quite fun in the opposite direction, it just wouldn't be the same if they decided to do the 24 hour in that configuration.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG