The online racing simulator
Sorry I missed it guys,

Been a bit busy with work the last two weeks.
Yes, the #666 did cause a nice little pileup there, I ended up hitting another car and got bumped in my quarter panel which had me facing the wrong way, which cost me even more time. Still a good (but excessively boring) race though
Quote from J@mes :What a boring race :P

I totally screwed it up for myself by deciding i was too slow on R4s and pitting for R3s. This turned out to be a mistake as after 10 laps they were about to all puncture, so i went and got R4s again. This meant the top 3 lapped me, but by a bit of luck #0 ended up behind me until about 8 laps from the finish.
This incident requires a bit of explanation, so here goes: #0 has an extremely slight speed advantage on the back straight when he is behind me, and goes side by side with me by literally a nose, not even a 1/4 of a car. He was on my right hand side as we approached the second chicane, and pretty late (at least it felt like it) i started to turn in as i had to get around the chicane somehow, expecting #0 to back off as he was barely side by side. Unfortunately he decided not to back off, so when i turned in to the chicane i immediately got spun out as his nose hit my right rear. It was very very annoying to say the least, especially as all it would have taken was a split second lift off and nothing would have happened.
On another note, i myself caused a minor incident on about lap 1/2/3 at the "Senna S" where, being on cold R4s, i started to lose control and so braked to a standstill, ending up at the very start of the wall on the left hand side. Unfortunately Schawa jsut caught me and i think he spun

My Version , Your going for closing the doore and i stay , and it was like 20 meters till the cornor so you should just have waited, i was thinking abour backing off til you started blocking
Quote from J.B. :More bad luck for me. After a rough couple of laps I worked my way back up to P4 and was closing in on the leading pack. With my zero pitstop strategy I think I could have gotten a good result. But once again my race was ended by an incident that should just absolutely not happen: a backmarker put me into the gravel trap after I had lapped him.

mutt107: Please get a wheel and pedals if you want to take part in league races. With keyboard your car control just isn't good enough.

Yankman: next time you choose an inappropriate place to lap me I might not decide to go on the grass to make room...

On a more positive note the new pit limiter rules worked great. I think it just needs to made clearer that you are not allowed to keep turning off the limiter to close small gaps or to get a run on someone at the green flag. Defies the purpose of using the limiter in the first place.

I sometimes get this problem with FM servers too. For me disconnecting and reconnecting my internet connection fixes it.

are you a Demo User with s2=crack ?
#30 - J.B.
Damn, busted again. Awaiting the LFS Forum Anti Piracy Special Forces at my door any minute now.
#31 - DeKo
Quote from Dennis93 :My Version , Your going for closing the doore and i stay , and it was like 20 meters till the cornor so you should just have waited, i was thinking abour backing off til you started blocking

He IS allowed to defend his line.
Quote from G.Gab :

on lap 17 i was taken out of the race completely. after overtaking #18 on the main straight #18 probably tried to get his position back braking into the hairpin. unfortunately he totally missed the brakepoint and hit my rear so hard that it caused to me to go flying straight on and "take the wrong route" and auto switch to spectate.

i don't agree 100%, but with most part. i was not trying to overtake you becaus i knew i was not able to keep up speed with you at all, and i did not miss the braking point. in fact i brake on this corner much later then everyone else does (if i brake much earlier i go like 20 with 80km/h before i need to turn in....) which is due to the setup probably... i had the same problem with yankman some 20 laps later. (where i even backed up much more and still hit him because locked up tires when i saw the red rear lights flashing)

i must say it was my fault, as it clearly was, although it was out of any intention. i even try to avoid you and turning to the right when i saw your braking lights. i am really sorry for it though.

from my point of view it looks like you drove into that restricted area, as i could see you standing there for more then 5 seconds. i even wondered why you are not driving on the road again as i waited to let you pass again. then you suddenly disappeared to pits. but maybe this is kind of lag. i will review it anyway because i will get some penalties for it...

i also want to say sorry again to yankman as it was the same problem as above. you will see in the replay i waited to let you pass with lots of space in between. and i hit the brakes when i saw your red light. i even tried to brake with the additional help of the gears switching down with no other result then sliding into you.

but to be honest, it is still does not justify your reaction in ventrillo. i even stopped my car, came to your channel to say sorry. in fact i totally lost any kind of concentration after this, because i was so sad about that kind of reaction. i was running 3 seconds slower then the laps before for the rest of the race. (1.05s to 1.06s) but of course again, it was my fault probably and i will take the penalties for it.

there was also some strange issue in one of the last 3 laps, when i went to the grass to let yankman pass because i had a puncture. some car hit me from behind in the grass. i did not really see who it was or why, but as far
as i can see, i did not have anything to do with the cause of this crash.

what can i say more... its really not motivating to have 3 weeks to wait for a track where only 11 people show up on race day.

i also want to say a word to the #01 car. i am really not sure if it is a good idea to have you in the next races. most of the times i did see you spinning, flipping, stuck in the sand or entering/exiting pits. i will really discuss this with the other admins.

we also had a discussion after the race, to have something like a qualifying system for LFSCAR. every other monday evening where there is no lfscar race. we will have some sort of oval/xrr combination (most likely layouts we are using in lfscar) running for 1-2 hours with admins who watch the people racing. any new driver who wants to participate in lfscar needs to qualify by participating in these practice sessions and showing their capability to interact with other cars on track. (its NOT about hotlapping). also any driver who is in the actual lfscar series but got disqualified or suspended for a race has to take part in these kind of sessions to re-qualify for the series. the admins will also decide if they want to have even some of the other drivers in that kind of sessions, but only with good reason.

this new system is needed in my opinion, because we will run more oval layouts in the second half of the season, and the stcc/ctra license thing did not prevent the series from less experienced drivers. laptime PB on oval is also not much of a help.
but thats just a small preview...

what was good in the race:
hmmmm, i think the caution thing works much better with the pit-limiter. we might need to try it out on the oval but i think this is really an improvement.

also congratulations to yankman for his outstanding win (almost ahead of 2nd place)even though got crashed by the toothy #18 and also congrats to the #35 car, shawo who did a very good first event in the series.

i am looking forward to next week, as the layout can be a lot of fun and i hope i will fix my braking problems for that as well.

i also wanna say thank you to popps and racer and byrney for being administrators and pacecar-drivers.
forgot to mention the incident on the last corner of the last lap, i got a puncture literally on the last corner, and spun on the exit of the turn because of it, where unfotunately #79 (i think) hit me as he was behind me. Sorry about that :P

Galindo what you said doesnt make sense, if i had waited much longer i would have crashed anyway as i would not have been able to get around the chicane without at least sliding, which isnt a great thing when you are very close behind me. I wasnt trying to block you, yet i wasnt prepared to slam on my brakes when i had such a favourable position where all you had to do was let off for a split second for us to move through cleanly.
@ Deko

How can u possibly try and argue about me telling you not to type, rules are rules no matter how many people are racing. When I take time out of my life to help YOU and the others, I at least expect you to have read the rules. Talk as much as you want in the vent channels, but no typing unless it is needed, simple no???

If it was up to me you would get a 10 point penalty for swearing (+ typing again) as you left. Next time bye will be good enough

FOR ALL OTHER RACERS!!!!

Well done. Not the most exciting race to be in OR to watch. At least the lack of drivers saved us from the carnage I thought it would be. A few crashes here and there but nothing major really.
Quote from byrney2004 :@ Deko

How can u possibly try and argue about me telling you not to type, rules are rules no matter how many people are racing. When I take time out of my life to help YOU and the others, I at least expect you to have read the rules. Talk as much as you want in the vent channels, but no typing unless it is needed, simple no???

If it was up to me you would get a 10 point penalty for swearing (+ typing again) as you left. Next time bye will be good enough

FOR ALL OTHER RACERS!!!!

Well done. Not the most exciting race to be in OR to watch. At least the lack of drivers saved us from the carnage I thought it would be. A few crashes here and there but nothing major really.

well actually the lack of crashes was due to my abscence lol
Short race report:

Had a bad qualyfing, somehow I didn't manage to do a fast lap, maybe a bit lack of practice or just unlucky.
TBH. I don't think I could have beaten Strokes or Deko, both had times arround my pb.

Race start was fine, even if I think Mr. Galindo did not use his pit limiter.
I had a nice fight with him, while we both were approaching Strokes.
In lap 4 or 5 we were close to Strokes. Right after the chicane Galindo tried to pass him inside ... so I took the outside. A really nice manouveur with a lucky end for me. (U should really have a look in the replay !) After that I was in front ... there was no one who could go my pace.
Even Galindo lost a few tenth per lap.
So it was an easy race.
My strategy was to pit arround lap 50.
The fcy in lap 4x was perfect for me. Could do a pitstop and was still in the lead after leaving the pits.

@DEKO if u find a race boring, cause u got no chance to win, after u made serveral mistakes, u should think about ur engament in this league.
Btw. I checked the replay and u used the brakes rather then the clutch in the hairpin .

I am wondering why so many ppl said it was a boring race.
Did u miss the fcy ?
IMHO it was much more fun then racing alone on the oval, cause this was a challengening track. U need to turn to both sides, u even need to brake and u have the opportunity to push, rather than full throttle all the time.
#38 - DeKo
i didnt find it boring because i had no chance of winning, i found it boring because of the total lack of people.

Yeah i missed the fcy, although i have no idea how it came out, there were several wrecks which could have brought out a safety car and made it a lot less boring than usual.

Generally i enjoy road course racing a lot more than oval, and if there had been more people in that race then yeah it wouldnt have been boring at all. But lapping yourself lap after lap is just incredibly boring. There was no incentive for me to go fast, the next guy up the road was a lap ahead or something, and my tyres were getting absolutely 0 heat in them, no matter how much i tried to heat them up.

And you can tell im more of a road course guy by my pace on that track, previous to starting quali i had done something like 20 laps on that particular combo. on an oval im mid-pack at best (apart from my randomly fast quali pace at the second round).

i am questioning my engagement in the league, yeah. ive got 2 leagues which i would probably enjoy more, but i like this league, i like fisch and all he's done and feel i would just be putting the 2 fingers up to him if i just quit, so ill carry on.
I found it boring as the setup and tyre combo wouldnt let me go as fast as i wanted to
Can the replay be posted?
Here is the race from my point of view:
I saw 150 speedway event as a spectator, and after that I have decided to participate in the next one, which was the Aston 75.
I was practicing pretty much on Aston Club. Because the race was held a week later, from the original scedule, and i had so much time, i've done 388 laps with XRR before the race. I've made a good setup for qualifing and for the race too. I've made a race simulation three or four days before the race, to test the car, the rubber, and most important, my concentration.
Before the event, I had a 59.67 personal best, which was not very good. Just after luch, I was starting my practice for the race.
At the qualifing, I have not drank Red Bull, but I got wings. I broke my PBs every time I was on the track. Just before the end, I broke the 0:59 barrier, and set a laptime of 58.93. With that time I have qualified to the second row (3rd pos).
Than the race was coming. (I DON'T REMEMBER WELL, SO PLEASE SORRY IF SG IS NOT TRUE)
I have made my first ever flying start (2nd time actually, because there was a flying start practice just before the race), and it gone not so well. Dropped back to 5th position. Strokes and James was just in front of me. They where doing better lap times, so the gap was gained. And (as i remember) in the 5th lap Strokes made a mistake, he was stuck in the wall after the first chicane. I was trying to avoid the accident, but I can't. I crashed into him. Luckly I was able to rejoin the race in front of Strokes. And after that the concentration race was begun. Many people made mistakes. I don't. I dont know how, but got in front of James also. Than at lap 42, the pace car come out. I had luck again. Gallindo, who was 2nd, was on a two stop strategy (probalby to avoid the puncture). He gont into the pits one or two laps before the pace car come out. Gallindo was very unlucky, made a small mistake, and got a penalty for pit lane speeding. My one stop strategy was payed out. And when the pit lane was opened, I quickly moved to make my one and only stop. I found myself on the 2nd place. Yankman was in front of me. He cathced the restart much better than me, and after that nothing was changed or me. I was just trying to concentrate on my race, and do not any mistake. After 74 laps (Fishfix: it was a 74 lap race, because the formation lap was counted as a race lap...) the checkered flag came out, and I have finished the race on 2nd place many-many seconds behind Yankman. Actually, I was the only one who finished the race, and not lapped.

Few things more:
Fishfix: I saw the race at autocross, you made the right desicion to not let HogaMan race. I mean, Hoga is a very fast driver, a very nice man, but these times he can't be serious. The PD team was made their own desicion.

I become 2nd because I was concentrating. I've made bad lap times (over 1 minute), but I didn't made any mistakes by myself. To finish 1st, you have one thing to do, and one not to do: be serious, and dont make any mistakes. The only one, who done that was Yankman. Maybe you was too serious...Fishfix hit you from the back, made a big mistake, but you cut his head off! :slap: Please apologise next time.

PS: I am sorry, i'm not clear about tenses in english, but I hope you understand me . And thanks for Fishfix to organize the series!
Race-Statistics and Replay are available on www.lfscar.com in the results section.

Unofficial Results (Points not including penalties)
======================================
195_____#38[FPR]Yankman
175_____#35 GETschawo
175_____#42 Strokes>UK<
170_____#0 D.Galindo
160_____#96 HCGC™ Headbanger
155_____#18[FM]Fischfix
151_____#79 J.B. BotP
144_____#91_WOT.Dεκο
142_____#01 ZEZ°メ
138_____#66 G.Gab BotP
130_____#666[BlitZ]Niko

including Bonus:
Fastest Lap: #38
Highest Climber: #18, #96
Leading Bonus: #38, #42, #91
Pole Position: #42
Top 50% of Qualifier: #0, #35, #38, #42, #79, #91
This means im about 40 - 60 points behind Yankman in the championship, and im the closest one...
on the first look, yes. but keep in mind every driver has one drop result, so the race where you got the least points will not count for championships.
Me and Fischfix got the highest climber bonus
please have a look at Race 3 results, they are now official. if there are no more race-reports for race 4, i will update the official standings tuestday after the knockout event.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG