The online racing simulator
ATTENTION: ALL OLFSL Members
Attention All OLFSL Members Racing on Sunday 24 June 2007

The LFS Aston Cadet Reverse track has a bug which may affect the OLFSL race.

At the top of the first chicane uphill, if a car goes off the track to the
right and hits the metal guard rail at any speed, the MRT is likely to go
under the guard rail and may end up being reset onto the track.

The attached replay demonstrates what may happen.

The OLFSL staff has determined that this is a bug in LFS. We will NOT
consider any such occurences to constitute a CAR RESET as defined by the OLFSL rules.

In in the unlikely/unhappy circumstances that this bug would affect you
during the OLFSL race, you will be allowed to continue racing (BUT only if LFS resets your car).

Please use extreme caution when re-entering the track in the event this
happens to you, and keep in mind the OLFSL rule on driving a damaged car
and interfering with the race if you try to make it back to the pits.

Review the attached replay so the issue is clear. Any abuse of this point
(e.g. re-entering track without due caution, interfering with other racers) will be sanctioned severely.

Thank you for your co-operation in this matter,

OLFSL Staff
Attached files
olfslwall.mpr - 12.8 KB - 320 views
Can you attatche the replay please?

Also, If you car goes out of bounds in the new patch it just says "Retired" on your screen (If car reset is turned off) so for it to reset us on the track resetting would have to be allowed.

EDIT : Ooo, editted it just as I was posting.

Yea, I don't think that can happen when resetting isn't allowed on a server, meaning if you go through there in the race your race is over! Also LFS wont reset (If we are allowed to reset) the car on the track untill all the cars are past, some new patch thingy. So I think apart from the wall not doing it's job we're pretty safe.
Yes I did, it just takes the forum a few minutes to catch up to me......hehe

Even with reset not allowed by server config,,,that bug is still there.....most times it says restricted area or out of bounds....but I've tested this and sure enough...even with NO CAR RESET configured, it still happens the odd time and we are just trying to be preparred if it does.

Always error on the side of caution...I think Sonny Bono said that about a tree.

Ok I just redid the replay Mr Mooney, you can clearly see that CAR RESETS ARE NOT ALLOWED.........and yet poof.......through the wall and reset to track.

I do take my duties with OLFSL quite seriously, but thanks again for your input BeanBag......hehe.
Here's another replay with NISSAN as my witness that car resets were not allowed.

So it is a confrimmed bug.
Attached files
with witness.mpr - 20.9 KB - 146 views
#5 - nilo
You could just place a barrier there, that would minimize the risk that this happens to someone?
Quote from nilo :You could just place a barrier there, that would minimize the risk that this happens to someone?

Problem is, that a barrier will just make the car into a sky rocket, which can also cause havoc.
Quote from AtomAnt :Attention All OLFSL Members Racing on Sunday 27 June 2007

The Sunday is not the 24th of June? [ Anyway, I can't participate :/ :weeping: ]
Quote from kx_mole :The Sunday is not the 24th of June? [ Anyway, I can't participate :/ :weeping: ]

I belive that to be a mistake. This sunday is the 24th.

Note that the "7" key is above the "4" key on the numpad, i think he just hit the wrong one.
Quote from Julppu :Problem is, that a barrier will just make the car into a sky rocket, which can also cause havoc.

So use haybales?
Quote from Julppu :Problem is, that a barrier will just make the car into a sky rocket, which can also cause havoc.

I tested that with a barrier and 9 times out of 10 the car bounces back into oncoming traffic, it really is the luck of the draw if you get reset...most times you'll just get a "Took Wrong Turn " message and be retired from the race.

AAnt
Quote from DeadWolfBones :So use haybales?

We just felt we'll live with the way the sim is and adjust it as the first post says....if it does happen, ask yourself......do you feel lucky

ATTENTION: ALL OLFSL Members
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG