The online racing simulator
Quote from R.Kolz :Going to be a movie maker:

Feel free to see my first one:

Title : "What´s the rush all about".

See attached file.

Damn good point. I see bumping of cars at every event due to trying to put heat in the tires and such. Everyone needs to give a lot more space to do this than there is being given.

The tires are warmed up in a lap or less at race speed.
How much is it worth to screw up your or someone elses event by stupid crap like this. GROW UP PEOPLE!
Complaint is on the 21 car in objections thread. Blue flag incident.
Quote from R.Kolz :Going to be a movie maker:

Feel free to see my first one:

Title : "What´s the rush all about".

See attached file.

Rookie SC driver who would rather have been racing instead.
Is there a a nice person inhere willing to translate the IGTC-ruleset in German or Danish?

I don´t understand rules E and H anymore. I now have spent a lot of time and I still don´t understand these rules the way they are right now.

Comment BenijMC:
"Just for clarification, The 2 car rule is for when your NOT on your pit limiters. As soon as the "Fall in line, Pit limiters on" message is displayed your supposed to fall in line, bunch up and activate pit limiters, thus 2 cars is no longer in force. You can try to bunch up by de-activating the pit limiter BRIEFLY however."
and:
"Secondly my post above as a reply to John Holme is wrong, you are meant to keep the 2 car gap when on pit limiters."

Comment banshee56:
"We were told over Ventrilo by Benji, that we could disengage the Pit Limiters if we needed to regulate the gap."

E. RACE START CONDUCT

*snip*

H. SAFETY CAR / FULL-COURSE YELLOW CONDUCT

*snip*

rules here: http://www.freewebs.com/lfsgtseries/rules.htm
1. Benji's two comments negate each other.

2. Banshee's comment indicates that Benji told the teams on Vent that they could briefly disengage limiters to maintain the 2-car gap (see rule 1.2). This would be the two CoRe teams. It was the more expedient way to inform them (rather than typing in-game) but it may not have been technically correct.
When will the next season start?
We are eyeing a February start date.

Over the next month or so Benji and I are going to be drafting up our plan for season 2, as well as the rules adjustments, and I hope to have those ready by the 1st of the new year.
Quote from MARSH2a :When will the next season start?

Have I missed the final announcements for this season
Nope, they will come, i have done them just not written them up yet because my week which was MEANT to be a school holiday is no longer a holiday.
Hey dudes, love all the work been done!

I was just wondering what the status of the rules on the IGTC webpage is, particularly if the points allotments are finalized (staying the same as last year)?

Anywho, great work, looking forward to seeing you all on a (cloudy) Blackwood!
Hi Stu. Rules will be updated to 2008 Season spec by the end of the month (probably much sooner). The points system will be receiving a makeover.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Hi Stu. Rules will be updated to 2008 Season spec by the end of the month (probably much sooner). The points system will be receiving a makeover.

Fantastic, and thanks for the quick reply
Just to make things clearer. Everything on the site is up to date apart from the rules section. Downloads page has just been completed.
I have a questions.

What do the rules state if a person fries there clutch, are they aloud to spend time in the pits waiting for it to cool down? or is it an instant retirement?

Sitting in the pits that is if they can make it there.
Overheated clutch is certainly not an instant DQ. A driver whose clutch has overheated should limp back to the pits if it's severe or continue at a slower pace if it's not so bad.
can some1 tell me how much is the duration of each race?
Please note that the rules are in the process of being updated for the 2008 season and should be posted shortly.

However, Astro is correct on this one. Four hours per race.
Hi guys

quick Q: Will the LFS Global Balancing of the GTR's still be the IGTC balance a la 2007?

Thanks

|||Stu

or

S3R Stu

or

|||S.Duff
Quote from srdsprinter :Hi guys

quick Q: Will the LFS Global Balancing of the GTR's still be the IGTC balance a la 2007?

Thanks

|||Stu

or

S3R Stu

or

|||S.Duff

We're discussing this at the moment. I'm going to be keeping a close eye on how it goes in the 24hr MoE race that's coming up on the 19th, as that should be a pretty definitive test of how well balanced the cars are.

After that, if it looks good we'll roll with it. If not, we'll look into balancing.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :We're discussing this at the moment. I'm going to be keeping a close eye on how it goes in the 24hr MoE race that's coming up on the 19th, as that should be a pretty definitive test of how well balanced the cars are.

After that, if it looks good we'll roll with it. If not, we'll look into balancing.

Haha, that's what our team's been doing as well. You know what they say about great minds don't you.

Anyway, good luck to you guys in the 24, and look forwards to hear what you guys come up with.
Although, the XRR does have an extra 20-25 mins of fuel in the tank.

Will see how the 24 hr plays out. Should be exciting to see what the tyres say about it on the day.
Hm, what will happen to the FXR now the MoE guys have figured out this:

Quote :At this point it is already clear, as also indicated in several posts on the forums, that in the GT1 class the FXR is way off pace. Given only one team is using the FXR we have decided that the Serbian Racing Team is allowed to change their car, rather than including the FXR in the balance issues and making the balancing issues too complex.

Quote from Gil07 :Hm, what will happen to the FXR now the MoE guys have figured out this:

We'll obviously have to engage in some balancing of our own. You'll be hearing about it in the near future.
It's a bit strange that, when the class was well balanced with patch X, suddenly they've made it uneven again in Y

Ask Questions Here
(314 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG