The online racing simulator
There was a slow car on track at that point, and since Shift+P isn't allowed this car is a danger is it not? The speed difference of about 100 mph is enough to prove this, and if you hit this car your car would be wrecked too and i'd be pretty pissed myself. However that first safety car period was messed up beause niki spectated when he wasn't supposed to, obviously did not read the rules, which is the main problem. Too many of you guys dont read the rules and it's proved time and time again! If you all did there would be no problems. BTW mitch was the reason for one of those safety car periods. As for marshalls racing too, i'm sorry but as far as i'm concerned there is no problem with it. I drive in the races too at times, they did it in the 24hr race too. That rule of leaving the server is only for drivers not marshalling, because these drivers are using up server slots, whereas the marshall is not
Quote from srdsprinter :Safety car is an integral part of keeping IGTC somewhat similar to a real sportscar race.

Yes, marshalls should be seperate, but i believe they're working on that.

I tried but it didn't work, i tried starting the LFSMC but not enough people want to just be marshalls, if i could get 5 amrshalls to stick around for each event it'd be great but i cant, nobody takes interest in this league atm other than participating drivers so thats obviously where the marshalls will come from
The times that Mitch got hurt by the safety car were (from what I could tell) his own fault.

First safety car (for a heavily damaged TDRT car, iirc) he failed to slow down when approaching the safety car and crashed heavily, despite the huge race control message telling him yellow flag, fall in behind SC.

Second safety car was for his own wreck.

As for me marshalling and driving, yes, I agree that it's not an ideal situation. For now, though, marshalls are needed and I don't mind stepping in to help. I intentionally didn't take any action on incidents involving my car or the cars my car was directly competing against, even though there were several times when I thought action might be necessary.
because of this, i'm going to change the rules so that punishments are dealt when drivers obviously do not read the rules, especially concerning nametags and safety car periods, this is too much of an occuring thing, also this is going to become a team only event although privateers will be allowed still. so DR and Moo will have to do something about their driver line up . This will all help towards making the event much more professional and hopefully one day it'll be broadcast.

however some changes are for next season, some for this season
So we're not allowed to draft people in from other teams? Any particular reason for this? It just seems a bit stupid as IRL no driver sticks to one team for every single series in sports car racing.
it'll be to make it a TEAM championship, but it's not for sure. until it's actually writen on the rules page everything i say is just idea's give your opinion on it and i'll tkae note of it.
Good thing we can agree on this marshall stuff...

"Safety car is an integral part of keeping IGTC somewhat similar to a real sportscar race."
It would be much more similar without SC as it doesn´t do anything but messing up a endurance race of LFS.

I tell you what in theory a team could do:
Teamcar 1 saves tires and fuel for a long time then at a point telling car 2 to cause a SC period. Car 1 catches up and now is able to do the longest stint, mayby 1 pit less then the others as well.
Or:
5 mins before finish as No.2 of the race and 15 secs. behind the race leader I just tell my teamcar 2 to cause a SC period to be able to catch up again and have a actual chance again to win this race...
-------------------

"There was a slow car on track at that point, and since Shift+P isn't allowed this car is a danger is it not? The speed difference of about 100 mph is enough to prove this, and if you hit this car your car would be wrecked too and i'd be pretty pissed myself. However that first safety car period was messed up..."
There has been a lot of slow cars before at this stage of the race and thanks god you marshalls didn´t see it ...
Pls. listen.There were no noobs driving. And driving as a privateer or not we I´m sure are all able to check on the map as well as we already hundreds of times have been overtaking very slow cars with various cars on various tracks.

The safety car mess starts:

3:08:50secs: Car #23 to discuss if his overtaking under SC was avoidable..
A given penalty would have cost the team a lot. Because of the unnessesary SC stuff.

3:12:50 secs: #13 overtaking before leader has passed start/finish line.
Same here...Confusion caused by safety car rule.

"BTW mitch was the reason for one of those safety car periods."
Rule: 10.3) If you are stuck in the gravel, the safety car will be deployed and you must wait to be pushed out by the push car.

3:40:10 secs. Well, have a look. He isn´t stuck at all and doesn´t need any help by a push car but you wanna fundrive the SC once more ending in a disaster once more as well...cars crash behind the SC and overtake under yellow.

3:48:05 cars crahing behind the SC..

3:48:35secs. Mitch overtakes 2 cars before the leading car has passed the start/finish line.
I hope I understand your rules on this point:
4.1) Drivers must not overtake a car before the pole car has past the line but are allowed to be side by side. Doing so will result in a drive through if seen in races or a 1 place drop if reported after the race. The “green flag” message will be cleared once the pole car passes the start line.

If I´m correct it would have cost him a podium finish ( and given my car one -the reason I was waiting for today to post.)

I really recommend you guys to have a look at the SC stuff once more.
The SC caused, not for the first time, trouble and confusion - that´s all it does. Pls. drop it or at least consider sending a PM to the participating teams and ask them about it.

The best racers got on the podium yesterday but the SC could easily have destroyed all hopes and as well loads of times spent for preparation for this event.

I think I made my point clear and don´t intend to post more about it.

Regards
[TDRT] TheDanishRacingTeam
You're right, the safety car could have taken the best cars out of the podium. Just like in real life! Sports car endurance racing is about adapting and having the best strategy that can work with unforseen conditions.
you obviously didn't read the rules as you will see that rule is for race STARTS not restarts i.e. mitch did nothing wrong!

now there would be no confusion if people READ THE RULES. before the safety car is out, theres a big massive sign that says, yellow flag safety car deployed meaning, slow down, now mitch is one driver that doesn't slow down because he is young and impatient, then you have 11 john holme who slows down and puts his pit limiter on when the safety car isn't even where he is, now i'm pretty sure the rules dont tell people to activate pit limiters when the SC is on the other side of the track. Yes the SC is entertaining to a degree and can mess up someones race, BUT it's not JUST for entertainment. mitch got himself out the gravel but i had already called the SC out because i thought that at that speed and where he crashed his car would've been badly damaged and hazardous.

Yes theres a lot of slow cars, but if a marshall doesn't see it then nothing is done, i dont AVOID it and say, oh look mitch could win, lets stick the SC on track! i'd rather DR didn't win since i'm in competition with them myself. but i'm sorry i dont like being accused of things. The SC makes this league different, but without people READING RULES then theres nothing i can do about the confusion, i try my best so can other people try their best, i make the rules as clear as possible, if you dont understand then tell me and i'll make them clearer! the rules are there for READING not to make the series look good, the SC is there to PREVENT accidents but soe people are TOO eager to race and not racing with their heads, they storm around not giving a shit about anything and cause accidents in the SC periods.

If you cant handle an SC then what would you do IRL? SC's are part of racing end of, imo it's good and it's what makes IGTC different to MoE or any other endu series in LFS.

Sorry if i seem a bit nasty with this reply but i'm a bit stressed and aggitated and the lot, i get annoyed when people say things dont work when they do if people would just READ THE RULES! andif i can tell people haven't i'm gonna start issuing penalties to these people because to be honest things like crashing under a safety car shouldn't happen, theres no point driving fast cause your not allowed to overtake! so your going to gain no advantage from it.
I agree that penalties should be stricter for those who clearly aren't familiar with the rules. Furthermore, a brief driver's meeting between qual and the race, wherein the marshalls run down a list of pertinent rules, would probably help things quite a bit.

I agree that the SC is a very interesting and fun part of the series, and that drivers need to learn how to handle themselves when the SC is out, rather than complaining that it should be removed. If the final SC period hadn't been for Mitch's own wreck, the fact that it happened when it did could have cost us the win, since we had to pit right then. As it was, Mitch was lagging behind because he'd spun and we were able to duck in to the pits just as the yellow came out, get our tire change/fuel, and get back out before he came around. It was, frankly, a pretty thrilling bit of coming up with strategy under pressure and was probably the highlight of the race for me.
It´s good that Benji explain afterwards, why the SC is apployed. It helped understand the reason. When you´re just in the midle of racing and you don´t see any worrying things going on, it´s difficult to understand. So thank you for the clarification.

Sc is sometimes good and sometimes bad for one. We had both a situation with SC, where we had just pitted, so we lost on that, and we also had a good situation, where we could take advantage of the SC period. It´s the same thing for all other cars. You have to deal with it and if you can, take advantage of it.

What makes it a bit special here in LFS, is that we don´t have all the debries and cars who can´t run in the middle of the track...and medical care etc. I hope it will come soon from the developers side, so endurance will be much better and realistic in the future. This features will for sure make the SC totally no doubted.
Sorry if Dynamic Racing did anything wrong as such. We were short of a racer this weekend, everyone seems to be busy Saturdays!!! (including myself).

As such we will be removing Prophet from the DR IGTC team, it is only fair that we draft persons from DR.

We are sorry if anyone thought this was unfair, next race will be just DR
- I'm not sure i follow the team only update to the rules. Team is a term used pretty loosely in LFS, and IRL drivers often sign on for just a race or two with a team. What is off limits now?

- I'm not sure rule #2 needs to be there. We've had a max of 12 entries out of 30 possible into any of the races so far. LOTF has over 10 interested drivers, but as for right now, the team only thing + 2 cars/team sort of limits us.

- Organization looks to continually be improving. Keep up the great work Benji.
well, once again the rules are going to be sorted out for the next event. This first season is very much a WIP, as such expect some things in the rules to change. DR you can keep prophet, i dont think anybody has seen it as unfair tbh. I dont, I just feel maybe making this a team only championship will make it seem a bit more professional.

The 2 car rule is again something to make this more professional but there is nothing stopping these teams entering as privateers.
Quote from BenjiMC :well, once again the rules are going to be sorted out for the next event. This first season is very much a WIP, as such expect some things in the rules to change. DR you can keep prophet, i dont think anybody has seen it as unfair tbh. I dont, I just feel maybe making this a team only championship will make it seem a bit more professional.

The 2 car rule is again something to make this more professional but there is nothing stopping these teams entering as privateers.

How can it be pro with cP teams in it? (jk)
i believe when DR joined the standard of competition plumeted and i have since had many requests for the removal of teams such as your own
That is sad to hear, for sure
It would be interesting to know the reasons of that.
It was a joke... James insulted cP so Benji insulted DR.
he he.
:elefant:
You got me

It sounded pretty serious.
Sc
I also think the Safety Car is a redicoulous waste of good drivers time, and it ruins the race twice as much as it helps.. I saw NO reason whatso ever to deploy the SC in the Round 4 IGTC race.. i have naturally not seen all the cases of crashes, but as long as the car (or parts from it) is not laying on the track, there should be no SC deployed.
If a car for some reason cant drive at all or its going below the speed of pit limiter (79km/t) i could see it helpfull for a SC to quietly follow the crashed car, only so the racers wont crash up in his rear.. perhaps another colour for SC on minimap so all can see where the crash is and take precautions after that.. i enjoyed the race and the experience, thogh i didnt get a full race.. but leave the Safety Car in pit where it belongs !
#48 - Nobo
I have been able to see the last race from a marshall's point of view and i think rather then deploying the safety car, which takes to much time untill its deployed, better would be to set the whole course under yellow, so noone is allowed to overtake, and has to look out for accidents. If he crashes into the crashed car its his fault and should maybe (you can discuss that) punished for not obeying the full course yellow or not driving carefull enough under full course yellow.

Even though i think safety car makes the whole race more interesting and more GT racing series like. So i can understand the point to keep the safety car. Trouble always begins when people are not that familiar with the rules.
Quote from Nobo :I have been able to see the last race from a marshall's point of view and i think rather then deploying the safety car, which takes to much time untill its deployed, better would be to set the whole course under yellow, so noone is allowed to overtake, and has to look out for accidents. If he crashes into the crashed car its his fault and should maybe (you can discuss that) punished for not obeying the full course yellow or not driving carefull enough under full course yellow.

Even though i think safety car makes the whole race more interesting and more GT racing series like. So i can understand the point to keep the safety car. Trouble always begins when people are not that familiar with the rules.

I think the problem (from the marshals' point of view) with just putting the field under a full-course yellow is that it's very difficult to make sure that no one passes under the yellow. When everyone is lined up nice and tidy behind the SC, it's much easier to spot someone misbehaving. I agree that at least one of the SC periods in the last race was unnecessary, but Benji explained his motivations for it in an earlier post and I understand the reasoning.

I do think that the speed of the safety car needs to be increased, though. It would be great if Scawen could implement a server-side speed limiter setting, but in the meantime we should consider upping the SC speed to something like 70 or 80mph (110-130kph). This will keep the tires from getting so ice cold and make the SC periods shorter. If everyone can behave themselves behind the SC, there should be no problem with having a SC-dictated speed rather than a limiter-dictated one.
You have just to take a look on the position list and you will see it right away.

Suggestions
(138 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG