The online racing simulator
To bad i coudnt join the second half. But well done every one.
#455 RACE REPORT

First Start.......Lap 1 to 15 MAYHEM..... A LOT OF DRIVERS NEED TO LEARN ABOUT ENDURANCE RACING Do you just get so nervus you for get how to drive.....Control you selves please

Got caught up in a crash at the chicane with a sideways stationary car..... Put me upside down. I think the Car was Elliot

SECOND Start (Thank goodness) 110 lap race,

These are the Incidents I could jot down....But there were more

Lap 14 Sully
Lap 47 Ketil..... He hit the grass Spun up into me and severly damaged my car, we both had to pit
Lap 52 Elliot......

LAP 75 not far behind PunkRocker and I got Cramp in my leg (old biker wound).... Real pain but drove 3 laps through it

All in all a dissapointing race....... BRING ON THE NEXT ONE

BEING A LAP DOWN, I FOUND a big problem, The Blue flag sign ment I could not see some of the caution and Green Flag signs at all.... We need this to be GIVEN VERBALY WHEN IN A RACE PLEASE....

SHOUT GO GO GO ..... or PACE CAR three times

I also belive there was far to much chat, and far to much Messaging (Not Binds)...

Iv just one more thing Id like to air...

THERE IS NO NEED FOR SWARE WORDS IN THE TEXT or over Vent. At times in the race there were Torrents of Abusive text being typed. If you have to type abusive text to people to say how you feel.... YOU NEED TO GROW UP

AND RELAX..lol

Well done to all who drove clean...& to the Admin team.
Quote from Brainblaster666 :U are banned for that bad language!!!!!! And the admins have a clue!!!!!

Which just proves how far we are from beeing anything like nascar.
In the real thing you would have seen me dropkicking threw that Hogadudes windshield during the caution-laps.

Oh, sorry. Wrong thread.
No offence to anyone, but most of that race's troubles came from the BOTP crew. I'm not having a go, or taking a stab at you guys, your probably all pucka blockes.

But...

All the pace car incidents, were connected to you, apart from maybe a couple. Also, when someone else crashed around you, but it only affected that 1 person, you continued to spam "PACE CAR PACE CAR" when it didn't affect you.

Finally...

Close up the gaps in pace car phase! ONLY you guys were doing this, you were holding up maybe 7 or 8 people just because "we can't go faster its nascar rules". Well sorry matey, but the Big yellow message that spans your ENTIRE screen says "YELLOW FLAG PHASE, CLOSE UP BIG GAPS TO SINGLE FILE".

Rant over, lets all hug.
i think there was a couple of the botp blokes who were good and the others were utter twats
I had some great racing with punkrocker and some FM guy.
tripple-car drafting worked out quite well for many laps.

I guess I caused the first crash but I had a great stutter
there. Framerate just broke down. Sorry for that.

Pointing the finger at BotP is totally bollocks. Actually
I always closed the gaps but I'm quite sure that the
others are probably one of the only ones wo DIDN'T
cause any caution pile ups due to not speeding up
and braking, speeding up and braking, speeding up
and br.. BANG!

So what the heck were these "close the gap, come
on, close gap" comments for?
i think the swear word is justified especially whaen talkin bout one of them, you know the one(mr adonis prick)
Why's that?
i am not sure what happend, to the server. actually some of the people could not find it. i think it had something todo with master server... not sure
Quote from Fischfix :i am not sure what happend, to the server. actually some of the people could not find it. i think it had something todo with master server... not sure

and its still not showing.
ok first:

- abusive language is not tolerated at all, so the admin banned some drivers as it is not allowed on any of the fm servers. being abusive to admins is not a way you should aproach. to be able to drive on FM servers again, those guys should really get into touch of the fm admins. it is in their decision if your allowed again on the servers.

- i will really watch all incedents, i will not judge on team-behaviour. everyone is equal, no matter in which team he is. (as i did in first race)

- keep in mind about the total penalty points you are allowed to have, i think we are in race 2 and some of the drivers will get that penalty points by now so they will not be allowed in the next 1 to 3 races. the penalty points will even stay after those 1 to 3 race suspension. so if they get a single point more in the penalty-count they will get again a suspension for 1 to 3 races...

- next race, we will allow only the top 15 drivers of the qualifying and the sprint races to the main race. "top" means not the fastets, if you are fast and crash out others during sprint race, you will be not allowed in main race. if you are slow but not crashing in the sprint races you will be in. that is what i can say for now. remember we had over 20 people on the server today...

- i will deduct points for the 20 laps race before the "rain brake", but i will count the climber points from the start of the 110 lap race after the "rain brake"

one more thing:
THIS AIN'T NASCAR, this is LFSCAR. it is not possible to have the same as nascar in lfs, just because the game does not offer all the possibilies, but it is in the spirit of nascar. and NO they don't give out a caution everytime a car spinns.... watch the last bristol race for example, there were 12 Caution phases but it could be even 15 if you count all those wrecks in who made it to the pits or which were able to toss the car around and go on...
Ok update i can see the server if the rest is on.
Quick Fishey!!! Upload the replay so we can all see the carnage Cant wait to watch this one. Being in it would have been stressful I guess, but watching will just be pure entertainment. (hope Ecret had fun and did well)
Can you please post the replays of the race so we can give our race reports
#40 - J.B.
Quite an eventful race...

While under green I thought the racing was good and most drivers behaved quite well. But the cautions! They just didn't work. In every caution there were collisions for various reasons from too sudden braking, too small gaps, too inconsistant speed and too high speed. Under these circumstances I am not happy with being spammed all the time to close the gaps especially from people other than the ones in charge. When there are pile ups under every caution I think keeping the gap to the car in front slightly larger is a completely reasonable tactic to try and avoid this. Usually I try to close the gap right before the green flag but this didn't always work due to unexpectedly early green flags. I'm beginning to think that the only way to get this working is by doing some kind of Rookie test to qualify for the series. Here you would have to do a certain number of laps behind the pacecar without crashing. How hard can it be?

Now about the caution requests. Before the race I discussed this with my team mates and we came to the agreement that if any of us are involved in an incident that we feel would cause a yellow in real stock car racing we would request a caution as a team. The reason for this is that we wanted to keep it as realistic and consistant as possible. Personally I have never seen a car hit the wall in NASCAR without a caution being called but maybe, as Fischfix' post indicates, I just haven't watched enough races. But even if this is the case there is still no reason for the admins to accuse us of not reading the rules.

Quote from Rules :CAUTION PHASES (PACECAR PHASES)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Caution phases are either requested by the drivers (more then 2 individual requests) or by LFSCAR race-control

- Whenever there are serious accidents or slow cars on track, race-control can start a caution-phase to prevent more accidents, and to give damaged cars the chance to repair.

That's all there is. I understood it to mean that there will be a caution when there are at least three requests because of a car in the wall, hence my frustration (and that of my team mates) when I was told off for making requests.

I'll finish this post with a personal incident report to make life a little easier for Fischfix. Keep up the hard work and see you at the next race.

L15: Spun by myself, hit the wall and then kept going.

L22: Caution is called, I lift off and am then overtaken by the leading pack (6 cars) while doing 170 km/h...

L41: Pacecar gives false caution alarm (again) which causes me to completely lose contact to the field.

L55: Collision with Fischfix, after looking at the replay I think it was more his fault than mine.

L61: Collision with G.Gab, clearly his fault.

L72: Got spun around under caution, tried to retake the lost positions, Fischfix didn't agree.

L77: Fischfix spins again while near me but this time without contact.
My thoughts on the rules
pacecar phases:
the main problem with the pacecar phases is that there are almost always pileups and/or spins during these phases. and the reason is simply because cars dont stick to the appropriate speed. if i remember correctly its 120mph and 150mph on last lap.
i remember going about 200 and not catching up with the field.
the result of the different speeds is pile ups due to changing of speeds. people suddenly brake and other hit their rear. this really shouldnt be a problem cuz if everybody just sticks to the speed pileups are actually impossible.

chatting:
i (and every body should) only listen to what the admin, the pacecar and fishfix have to say or write. instead everybodys going through the chat shouting or typing "catchup", "you dont know the rules", "youre the lucky dog". i really think everybody except the 3 mentioned should be forced to shutup (in both textual and verbal form). that goes especially against hogaman and fusion jack. its very confusing and incredibly annoying. besides i dont think theyre the brightest.

calling cautions:
of course fishfix is right, not every spin causes fullcourse yellow in nascar. but almost all of them do and according to the lfscar rules i believe two drivers calling the pacecar should result in fullcourse yellow. unfortunately this was hardly ever the case after the restart. i think one of the main problems here is a lot of the drivers dont have the nascar spirit. fullcourse yellow isnt a bad thing it just belongs to it. that way the race remains more exciting because the pack is bunched again and more drivers remain on the leadlap (besides it gives me more time to eat my crisps and drink my coke). of course its annoying if a pacecar phase ends and starts with another one, but thats the way it is, people will learn from it. especially because it is annoying.

admin and pacecar descisions:
i dont want to flame cuz i know that these are both tough jobs. still i dont think these two made the best of descisions at all times.
one of the most annoying things which happened in both races (thats kyoto reversed and kyoto special k) was:
there was a crash, so full course yellow was called. i immediately slowed down as thats what you are supposed to in fullcourse yellow (funny thing is, it seemed me and probably a few others were the only ones who slowed down) cuz the cars infront of me drove away while the others from behind came closer and closer. suddenly before the pacecar is even on the track the greenflag comes out again. in total i lost about 20sec due to this and i know my teammates did too.
if you call fullcourse yellow it must be fullcourse yellow you cant take the decision back. or is obeying the rules supposed to be penalized.

i also remember a pacecar phase right at the beginning in which the luckydog was supposed to be passing, instead the last lap under caution sign came out and shortly after the greenflag. everybody stepped to the pedals and suddenly the lucky dog can pass sign comes out. everybody braked again and pileups resulted.

again to cautions, when i was approuching the chicane with (i think) fishfix right behind me, a car suddenly exited the pitlane making it extremely hard for me not to hit him, and impossible for my predator who crashed. me and fishfix called the pacecar the result was nothing. no pacecar, no full course yellow.

later i had a crash in the chicane which caused debris to be spread all over the track and me facing backwards on the track. calling the pacecar didnt cause a reaction.

if these situations dont call fullcourse yellow then what does?

all and together i had some fun moments during the race but i think the main problem is that lfs doesnt really support nascar. thats why people must really concentrate and stick to the given rules. that includes admin and pacecar driver. if that isnt done i sadly see no chance for the league which is a pity cuz id really like to race a full nascar (lfscar) season.
Saying whose "fault" an accident is and calling people thick isnt helpful lads...

Anyway, heres my report for the second part of the race, the 110 lapper:

Lap 33, i lost control on turn 2 due to my setup hating me (it consistently tried to spin me out for the whole race), and i hit the backmarker #0, and he may have lost time, i didnt really see.

Lap 48, i let 2March pass me under yellow as i had passed him just as the yellow was called. Not a problem, just so you guys can understand what was going on.

Lap 71, Me, #8 and #38 reordered as we passed each straight after yellow was called. Again not a problem but im not sure if we got the order right. We agreed on it at the time though.

Lap 100, #14 scared the crap out of me when he started to bump me into turn 3. I was asking him kindly not to draft with me, let alone bump me! Again not really a problem, no harm was caused.
im happy 2nd highest climer and 2nd most stable
Race report for 22 lapper

Lap 2, i passed #91 as pacecar phase began, let him pass later lap under pacecar

Lap 9, Pacecar phase called, i was leader, saw the pacecar in front of me and slowed right down behind it, yet it was stopped. #14 came into the back of me going fast, span me out and partly caused pileup that ensued. General mess under red flag, when some people even had the cheek to tyre warm!

Lap 17, i pitted to take on fuel

Lap 19, i passed #44 under pacecar as he was extremely slow and the two guys in front of me had just passed him.

Lap 20, under pacecar #0 hit me twice in the rear

Lap 21, Accident with #44 and #0 after green flag, car wrecked.
Yeah i was doing good on the 1st race behind my team mate i was doing so good after that it totally went wrong.
Sorry
Quote from finlay :#455 RACE REPORT

First Start.......Lap 1 to 15 MAYHEM..... A LOT OF DRIVERS NEED TO LEARN ABOUT ENDURANCE RACING Do you just get so nervus you for get how to drive.....Control you selves please

Got caught up in a crash at the chicane with a sideways stationary car..... Put me upside down. I think the Car was Elliot

SECOND Start (Thank goodness) 110 lap race,

These are the Incidents I could jot down....But there were more

Lap 14 Sully
Lap 47 Ketil..... He hit the grass Spun up into me and severly damaged my car, we both had to pit
Lap 52 Elliot......

LAP 75 not far behind PunkRocker and I got Cramp in my leg (old biker wound).... Real pain but drove 3 laps through it

All in all a dissapointing race....... BRING ON THE NEXT ONE

BEING A LAP DOWN, I FOUND a big problem, The Blue flag sign ment I could not see some of the caution and Green Flag signs at all.... We need this to be GIVEN VERBALY WHEN IN A RACE PLEASE....

SHOUT GO GO GO ..... or PACE CAR three times

I also belive there was far to much chat, and far to much Messaging (Not Binds)...

Iv just one more thing Id like to air...

THERE IS NO NEED FOR SWARE WORDS IN THE TEXT or over Vent. At times in the race there were Torrents of Abusive text being typed. If you have to type abusive text to people to say how you feel.... YOU NEED TO GROW UP

AND RELAX..lol

Well done to all who drove clean...& to the Admin team.

So sorry Finlay, at this point I was stuggeling with the handling, Hope we can still be friends?

Ketil
#48 - J.B.
Ok, so I've had a look at one of the bigger caution pile ups to try and find out why so many crashes happen. I pressed pause 5 seconds before the pile up started and had a look at the speeds and gaps of the cars involved.

My first guess that the gaps between cars were too small was not the reason as most of the involved cars weren't that close to each other before the accident and because real stock car drivers are also very close to each other.

The speeds of the cars were: 150, 168, 171, 121, 137, 194 and the pace car was doing 148 km/h.

So how fast are real NASCAR cautions? Google says:
Quote :A lot of times caution periods help out the teams with fuel mileage because while under the caution flag, the cars are slowed down to usually 55 miles per hour behind the pace car. On superspeedways, they reach speeds of nearly 70 miles per hour behind the pace car under caution.

That's 89 km/h and 113 km/h. Since braking distances increase to the power of 2 I think the main reason for the problems is obvious. At the speed the pace car was doing, the braking distance is almost 3 times as long as it would be at 89 km/h and almost 2 times as long as it would be at 113 km/h.

Without rule changes here I don't think I will participate in any future oval races.
one thing, **** all the technical crap, people were close due to the close gaps message and i think the sc was going a bit to slow, i think no one is to blame, it is a case of 6 of 1 half a dozen of the other, just people need to be a bit more careful in future and i think the reason for the slow sc was due to the rare situation of the sc going on track late
He's saying the safety car was too quick. Did you even read the post properly?

I agree about the speed of pace car phases though. IMO the pace car should go 80mph and keep that speed constant.
This thread is closed

Season 2: Lfscar Race 2: SPECIAL K 130° on Monday 11th of June, 18.15 UTC
(86 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG