The online racing simulator
#1 - DeKo
Season 2: Lfscar Race 2: SPECIAL K 130° on Monday 11th of June, 18.15 UTC
Quote from J.B. :The race worked a lot better in general than the test race although it was over for me quite soon. Single file restarts are just a lot easier to do for the drivers (although still too hard for some).

What was annoying is that the crash that saw me stuck with my rear wheels on the grass happened during a full course yellow and it wasn't even the only crash I saw under full course yellow. Whenever I see the caution message I lift off the throttle and wait till I'm at about 120 km/h. Everyone else seems to go on a lot faster and usually one or two cars even overtake me. Was I doing it right? It seems to me that there would be less crashes under caution if people would go slower.

All in all it was still fun whenever I had other cars close to me even if I was laps down. I made a couple of misjudgements and sometimes went too low into a corner with someone next to me, so I apoligize for that, but I guess that's part of learning the whole oval/drafting buisiness.

A few more questions. Wasn't the actual race start supposed to be double file? Where can I get the layout files to practice the next tracks? What's the speed limit under caution when you are told to close the large gaps?

IF you go onto the same server that the race was on, Fischfix put the next races layout on that, so you can maybe go on and save the layout, or just practice on that server.
Is the server up with the layout's on it ?
#3 - J.B.
Quote from DeKo :IF you go onto the same server that the race was on, Fischfix put the next races layout on that, so you can maybe go on and save the layout, or just practice on that server.

Thanks for that. I didn't know layouts could be saved from online servers.
Season 2: Lfscar Race 2: SPECIAL K 130° on Monday 11th of June, 18.15 UTC

With this post i upload the actual version of the Special K layout.
Attached files
KY1_360specialk2S2.lyt - 1.4 KB - 335 views
After how well all my practicing on the reverse track went spectacularly wrong, I will choose to stay off this layout untill the day of the race now

I think I did the most practice only to have my race go wrong before it even started. Turns out practice doesnt make perfect.

Also, if someone could upload a replay of event one somewhere (plz Fish) as I couldnt save it = stupid LFS. My race may have been short, but I know at least one car hit me even then. THANKS
-
(Fischfix) DELETED by Fischfix
new version of the track layout. i removed the tires and put bales there instead, so we don't have jumping around tires...
has a decision been made yet?
Monday night mate.
i dont mean the date, fischfix will know what i mean
Ye guys ready for tomorrow,I really worry about the chicane
#11 - DeKo
Quote from 11SuLLy11 :Ye guys ready for tomorrow,I really worry about the chicane

from my racing and testing, it doenst seem so bad. the standard of driving looks fairly high in this league, so shouldnt be a problem. at least 2 people can go through it side by side (me and hoga tried it, so did plenty of other people) so it doesnt look a massive problem. the only thing im worried about is that the bales may get chucked onto the track and wreck somebody race, as happened to me in testing. Im sure it wont be that bad, the bales are a lot better than the tyres for staying put.
Quote from DeKo :from my racing and testing, it doenst seem so bad. the standard of driving looks fairly high in this league, so shouldnt be a problem. at least 2 people can go through it side by side (me and hoga tried it, so did plenty of other people) so it doesnt look a massive problem. the only thing im worried about is that the bales may get chucked onto the track and wreck somebody race, as happened to me in testing. Im sure it wont be that bad, the bales are a lot better than the tyres for staying put.

Yes that is true,I find it very blind when close behind someone,also yes about bales they may cause problem's,in practice today I hit them didn't seem to cause that much problem's tbh,them red and white barriers will do the damage lol
#13 - J.B.
Two cars next to each other?! I did some running today and came to the conclusion that the car that is further back (usually the one on the right) should back off and tuck in behind the other one. Going to be interesting.
I raced this last year and the biggest problems where idiots leaving the pits and not yielding to the cars they come out next too, and a few people who attempted overtakes... oh yeah, last year was really bad... on the single file section.

I'm not sure if i'll be racing this one, it's a long race and i've got so much work to do.
compared to first season the track is much easier. the chicane has now more space and is also moved towards the finish line, so there is more space behind the chicane.

yep, you are right a big problem are exiting cars from the pits. just to make it clear: exiting cars from the pits have NEVER the right of way there, but i think this is common racing knowledge.
Ladies and gentlemen, Start your engines:

Today Monday 11th, 18.15 UTC/GMT we will have the 2nd event of the LFSCAR 360degree.tk CUP SERIES, the SpecialK 130°. We will race on the server:
"(FM) 360° EVENT!" which runs under patch X.

Qualifying starts at 18.15 UTC/GMT.
1 outlap 2 fastlaps followed by a 6 lap sprint race with flying start

If we have more then 18 drivers on the server we will have a 20 min. open qualifying instead and no sprint race at all just to make the whole event not too long.

Track: Kyoto Oval, SpecialK Layout
Length: 130 laps
Special: No car-reset, flying start and cautions in SINGLE File
Layout: Keep your car behind the yellow line for pitting in and exiting. any crossing of the yellow line. you are allowed to cross the line if you got wrecked to get INTO pits. The cars exiting the pits NEVER have the right of way in the chicane. if you can't avoid cars there, exiting cars should stay as low as possible.

Skins:
As not everyone has uploaded a skin so far, please make sure you have a proper skin ready for the event which contains at least YOUR CAR NUMBER BIG ENOUGH AND READABLE ENOUGH ON THE ROOF OF YOUR CAR.

Rules:
- There was some confusion about retaking his position under caution when gettin crashed out under caution. You are allowed to retake your position under caution when you get crashed out AFTER the Caution starts. If you get crashed out earlier or you are part of the reason for the caution, you are not allowed to overtake. When regaining your position make sure you do not overtake someone by mistake who was in front of you, which will be a 10 pts. penalty.
- Riding the brakes before a restart to heat up the turbo is not allowed and will be penalized with a 5 pts. penalty because it irritates drivers behind you.

Aditional Information:
- the #3 car (faster111) will still run under a 5pts. penalty restriction (the last, this and next race)
- the #29 car (racer hero )will run under a 5pts. penalty restriction (this and two more races)
- the #999 car (james12s) is not allowed in ventrillo event channel during the main race for this race

The password for todays race will be:
milkimum

i hope to see as much as possible of you for the race.

cheers fischfix
if you are banned, i can't make anything about it. i don't have admin-rights for ventrillo. so you probably have to rely on the rcm messages.
Ok, sorry for the bad language,
but you're not going to get this
to work anywhen.

And it's not just 'bout the few
hogamans. The admins have no
clue 'bout what they're doing
either.
Quote from AdonisAmaronis :Ok, sorry for the bad language,
but you're not going to get this
to work anywhen.

And it's not just 'bout the few
hogamans. The admins have no
clue 'bout what they're doing
either.

U are banned for that bad language!!!!!! And the admins have a clue!!!!!
no ! server works just fine
Lying in 4th place, having a nice scrap 1st - 5th places and I get taken out by Hoga, I kept my line.
i found server almoast on top of the master server list !! (FM) 360° EVENT! - 100% works !!
it crashed just after the finish
well done
well done all, race was excellent especially the second half
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG