The online racing simulator
Pit Stop procedure for SO5 - must read
Pit Stop procedure for SO5

Before pit entry.
If you're bumper to bumper with another car and want to pit, use the indicator or make your intentions known (stay in the middle of the road, not the driving line) to the car behind you.

Pit entry
You are allowed to cross the yellow line on the entry, but please no divebombing into pit lane when you're bumper to bumper with other cars.
You are NOT allowed to overtake anyone in the pitlane (pitlane is everything between 2 yellow lines), unless the car in front of you is severly damaged and can't drive at normal speed, otherwise the pit area becomes too dangerous.

Pit stop
When you've made your pit stop, make sure that when you're leaving the pit box the road behind you is clear. Any contact in the pitlane will be punished with a 10 second penalty.

Pit exit
Remember that when you cross the speed limited part of the pit lane, you're still not allowed to overtake. You are also NOT allowed to cross the yellow line on the pit exit. Doing so will give you a 10 second penalty.
People who exit the pits and rejoin into T1 have the corner rights, but they do have to remember to leave enough space at the corner exit if they rejoined side-to-side with another car.

These rules have been created to make pitting fair for everyone, and to keep it a relatively safe procedure.
If you think I forgot something, please leave a reply.
good to point it out again... it is the same procedure like i thin every real racing series uses it and more or less every LFS Series too, but it's good to point it out to show those guys who are new to league racing how it works.
Crossing Line on Pit Exit - do you use LFSlapper to do this automatically? If so, how? Haven't seen a command that does this.

I've been looking for a way of doing this for all tracks for penalising anyone crossing the pit lane line on exit as they do in Formula 1.
To do that u will need to monitor the pit exit with a custom camera. And add the penilties mannually
if i remember rightly (I'm far to lazy to look it up) we did an after-the-race penalising, means: The admins took a look at the replay, and gave them.

I think, if you run a series, and have a powerful server, wich can handle with 47 connections, it would be possible, to give an admin the function of punishing the "bad boys" who crossed the line.
#6 - Dru
Correct.

It was reviewed on Shift-U after the race, imparticulalry as we had a pit window for people to stop in.

The only other way it 'could' be detected is if you modded the layout of the track.

Put up poles along the exit line and if a competitor knocks it over (its non damaging to then and others) then they get a penalty

HTH

Dru.

Pit Stop procedure for SO5 - must read
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG