The online racing simulator
Event 7 - Blackwood GP Reversed
Pool 3,

I've heard rumours that blue flags did not show. Antt69, did you realize that I was lapping you?
Possibly the best and the worst race ever for me. Pool 7

Started 3rd, but finished fifth.

Up to second from the start - yo yoed a bit from 2nd, 3rd, 1st, 2nd for a bit. Then when leader had to pit I was 1st for most of the race after that. Had some good battles with second place, although I was for sure faster, he only kept catching up when I slid or went wide and lost time.

Anyway, all was fine, 3 laps to go and I was in the lead!!!

First I go wide, then slip to second, then wide again and down to 3rd, oh no, but still enough time to get back as I was fast. So in 3rd place, but all over the back of 2nd, I get a weird slipstream and makes me crash, with two laps to go, he spins off, I'm back into 2nd place and I am fast enough to catch the leader!

But oh no - at the end of the straight my tyre blows, luckily just infront of the pits - frustratingly my pit stop was slow due to car repairs, but I didn't need them, only the new tyre, came out in fifth and finished fifth.

Bugger!
My race was a joke, started last.....finished last. Brought a new system online and after testing it earlier in the day, I noticed the temp was getting really bad, so I ran with my trusty old 800MHZ Duron.

We did move pool 6 from server 2 to server 3 but all in all the servers seem to have preformed well today.

AAnt
I had my first win down in pool 7 from 11th on the grid ; I only got the 3rd fastest lap on the server but consistency brought it home for me.

I'm sure that blue flags did show on our server, we lapped several people, most of whom saw us coming and let us through, but there were a worrying number of blue-flags seemingly being ignored. An example is that I hit a racer coming out of the chicane after a tank-slapper and wandering back to the racing line - he shouldn't really have been pushing that hard under a blue flag.

Big up to FF Jonathan Russ, had a good time chasing him, he was obviously more aggressive on the tyres and I was trying to save mine (I had R3's which were always running from 10 to 18 degrees above optimum), we came close a couple of times, I took him when he slowed, drafting down the straights etc, but I always gave him the line and eventually he went off and had a flat tyre about 3 laps from the end - sorry mate, you were quicker overall and deserved the win - sometimes it happens.

D.
Thanks horrgakx mate - yes we did have some good scraps didn't we? I could tell I was faster than you, but you were a bit more steady, I was sliding all over the place allowing you to catch up hehe.
I knew I had to brake very late down the straight to beat you into the chicane, battle of nerves, I was listening to your car carefully just to make sure I broke slightly later than you. But you were pushing me hard, I knew if I made any mistakes you would be there to take the place, and you were :-)

Yeah the puncture ruined my race, frustratingly I used the same tyres and drove 47 laps on the tuneup race, and I drove on the gravel a lot during the tuneup, but I drove a lot faster and harder in the race, and so I guess that wears them out much more than the gravel does.

Really fun race - bit annoying to be leading for 30 odd laps and finish fifth, but, I am pleased with my performance, and hope we can do some GTR racing again sometime - we have too many slow races in OLFSL.

I did have two awful blue flag moments, either as you say horrgakx they didn't show, or they didn't know how to get out of the way.
Oops sorry i totally lost track of time, i blame bf2 for how easy you forget stuff because that game kills time for fun.
Hehe BF2

Russraine - you should have crossed the line on the track with the puncture, I thought I was on the last lap so you'd have [crawled] across the finish.

As for braking into the chicane - last thing I wanted to do was end up on my roof (goes for making you end up on your roof too) so I backed out a little earlier than I would have - pointless throwing away a 2nd place for just that.
Blue flags; the stats page shows when the blue flags were displayed. Check it out

However I notice that for pools 1 & 2 there's no mention, perhaps an oversight?

Pools 3, 5 and 6 had blue flags as expected.
Pools 4 and 7 did not have blue flags. This is clearly wrong - can anyone investigate?

Thanks.
Only later versions of the stats program shows the flag details, some hosts use the earlier version.
So the ones that don't show the stats would be pools 4 & 7? What about sections where it does indeed show "Blue Flags" but the table is empty?
Quote from horrgakx :So the ones that don't show the stats would be pools 4 & 7? What about sections where it does indeed show "Blue Flags" but the table is empty?

Maybe the older hypertext documents are using the updated stylesheet.
A mystery for Sherlock Holmes, or if we can't get hold of him, we'll use FienDi instead.
Quote from horrgakx :So the ones that don't show the stats would be pools 4 & 7? What about sections where it does indeed show "Blue Flags" but the table is empty?

maybe there wasn't any Blue Flags, da? *Sherlock*
Thats my point - there SHOULD have been blue flags in our pool but the table is blank in the stats.
That the table is blank doesn't mean there were no blue flags. It just means that LFS Stats! wasn't looking for them. The table exists because of the reason I mentioned earlier, ie, a too recent stylesheet (probably).

But I might be wrong.
Quote from felplacerad :That the table is blank doesn't mean there were no blue flags. It just means that LFS Stats! wasn't looking for them. The table exists because of the reason I mentioned earlier, ie, a too recent stylesheet (probably).

.. or packet loss from LFS... there aren't any blue flag table with Stats v1.49 *more Sherlock*
Quote from felplacerad :Pool 3,

I've heard rumours that blue flags did not show. Antt69, did you realize that I was lapping you?

Sorry for that Fel, I saw you gaining on me fast & was looking for a safe place to let you pass. Unfortunately the back end got away from me & I could not stop the slide . I had the opposite lock on & the brakes at one point.

Anyway all's well that ends well, you were miles in the lead & still won the race by a country mile. (ur way to quick for us pool 3 racers)
Quote from anttt69 :Sorry for that Fel, I saw you gaining on me fast & was looking for a safe place to let you pass. Unfortunately the back end got away from me & I could not stop the slide . I had the opposite lock on & the brakes at one point.

Anyway all's well that ends well, you were miles in the lead & still won the race by a country mile. (ur way to quick for us pool 3 racers)

np

Event 7 - Blackwood GP Reversed
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG