The online racing simulator
whats upwith ctra 1B today??

:twirl: Apparently nothing is wrong with ctra 1b today! Thanks for the useless post!
#3 - SamH
A little bit of information goes a long way! I see you're on there at the moment, so I presume all is well
No it is not. Its kicking all out all the time
Probably a cheated lap record again?
not really also midrace, seems connection
Or servermanager since it says pw protected sometimes?
#7 - Jakg
the server is going up and down like a yoyo atm, I don't know why, but Mikes in there, fiddling, via a puppet - blame him!
I just investigated and found a server full of racers ? /shrug
#9 - Jakg
Seems like the evil Gremlin (or Mike, was we like to call him ) was logging into the Server while someone else was - don't worry, we'll punish him, we'll tie him up in a cage and teach him the meaning of the phrase "UKCT, Barricaded, Dependable, Simulation & Management"
/me *whips* Jakg.
#11 - dave
I sometimes get kicked out and then can't rejoin as it says it requires a password.
The getting kicked out, i'm guessing lag or something? A regular LFS disconnect perhaps? Not much we can do about that, the password issue though that is because the system password protects the servers whilst changing tracks. This makes getting the race restarted much smoother - after 2 minutes or when the race restarts the password is removed.
Well i am missing the reports from others. Today also several times kick and all servers are empty after. So its not just me. You dont have reports about that in logfiles or something.
yes it has happend all over- the master server was showing zero hosts, than 437 and 8 which i could join...
i don't think it is CTRA only
#15 - SamH
Yep, I've just restarted all the servers because everyone got kicked out and the servers were all left with passwords on (a SRA feature which temporarily locks the servers during track changes).

I see that the master server is beginning to pick back up again, and hosts are beginning to appear
Sam, just for your reassurance the servers would automatically unpassword after two minutes - or at least they should. They would have done a track change when the last person left - which as LFS World kicked them is what happens. It's all down to the way LFS does a track change. The system will recover from it, although the automatically kicking everyone thing... That seems to be either because of the master server changes or a datacentre thing.
Don't know if this may help but I experienced this same problem yesterday, along with everyone else on the server at the time. Symptoms were complete lag initially (everyone disappears with lag counters increasing), then disconnect. Server passworded, wait for a while (2 mins as Becky said), join to connect to the track change screen. Everyone else begins to join again and off we go. Only happened the one time during that session though. Somebody from UKCT showed up and said that someone had connected via LFS remote desktop and got disconnected causing the lag. Hope I got that right and that it helps a little bit.
hey guys just wondered if the ctra servers are up and running as i cant seem to find them today?? i know we had a few niggles yesterday but i though thats all they were,,any ideas or is the master server buggered lol,,or maybe you guys are working on the servers,,i duuno,,just bored sitting here,,lol thanks guys
I was playing on ctra1b on fegreen in the uf1 and there were tyres in the chicane. This made the race almost unplayable, causing crashes constantly. It was impossible to finish a race at all as some noob would hit the tyres taking the whole leading pack out every time. I cannot understand why they would make a perfectly good track into wreckers paradise!! Can anyone please explain why they have done this?

Yeah, sorry posted in wrong section
why post in 2 threads i think your pint will come across just fine in 1 post.

(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG