The online racing simulator
oh yea it should be prizes lol
highres skin upload
nothing big, just a few small things
at least no expensive wheels or sth. but it will depend on the guys from 4players
important rule change
Ok, the start tests were performed successfully, and turned out to be a very good idea.

We are going to change the rules and make a standing start. The flying start turned out to be IMPOSSIBLE, people werent even able to drive with the pit limiter at 80 kmh behind the safety car without crashing. In most tests, half of the fileld didnt even reach the end of the formation lap.
We tested this many times, and the best result was maybe 3 or 4 cars that reached T2 in one piece...

Thus we are going for a standing start, which you can practise way more easily anyway.

In over 2 hours of testing, the worst T1 crash with a standing start was still way better than the best one with a flying start.
What's the word on people re-entering the track after and incident?

In one of the test races today, there were a few cars coming back on track in heavy traffic, which is a serious risk.
Drive through penalty or a stop and go, depending on how bad the action is.
If the admins havent seen this, the team or drive must send a protest ticket, so the admins can decide about the penalty after the race (like 30/45/60 seconds time penalty etc.)
how about to keep the rolling start we add a distance rule like i did in IGTC, it worked out great for round 3
We tried this aswell (already in th 2nd or 3rd try), but people just didnt care and crashed themselves still :/
I mean, if they cant even drive in a row, they cant drive in a row with 20, 50 or 100 meters distance aswell
Hah. Very good.
ORION-- one more question...

In-game are we supposed to use the naming format like so:

001 - M. Mustermann

or like so:

001 - Muster Mustermann

I've seen both used and both suggested by the admins.
Well thats up to you baisically, the only important thing is the correct lfsworld nickname
Some users cant use the full name anyway, because their name is too long.
You could also use 001 - Frank N.
even though my name is not too long :P
ORION, did I read correctly on the german forum that the organizers still don't have marshals for all time periods and, more importantly, that there's only 1 marshal per time period? I'm no expert on this, but doesn't it take more than one guy to cover this large of a track and this large of a field successfully?

Also, are some of the marshals also driving?
Also, ORION, do you know whether Mika's commentary on the video stream will be in English or German?
Quote from DeadWolfBones :ORION, did I read correctly on the german forum that the organizers still don't have marshals for all time periods?

Yes, currently are marshalls for theese times needed:
(CEST = GMT +2 hours)

Server: 24h Race #02
05-07: STILL FREE!
07-09: STILL FREE!
09-11: STILL FREE!

Server: 24h Race #03
19-21: STILL FREE!
21-23: STILL FREE!

Quote from DeadWolfBones :I'm no expert on this, but doesn't it take more than one guy to cover this large of a track and this large of a field successfully?

Yes, 2 would be realy better. But the Problem that i see is that when 2 marshalls see the same incident,
they may not bouth give a panalty. So communication is very important when there are 2 marshalls.

Quote from DeadWolfBones :Also, are some of the marshals also driving?

Couterquestion: How could a marshall do his job while he is driving ?
Quote from DeadWolfBones :do you know whether Mika's commentary on the video stream will be in English or German?

I hope it's in german, his english is sometimes a little bit stressful.
... sorry Mika *duck*
One marshall is enough, because only obvious things are penalized directly. For most situations (the admin will likely not see the accidents), the admins meet together and discuss the mistake using a replay. (see the rules @ protest tickets). So, the important decisions are not being done while racing, but a few hours later, or even after the race. I made this to ensure that the admins dont have too much power, and to avoid wrong decisions. All they should do baisically is keep the chat on a low level, and check that people dont do silly things. Like driving one way or falling asleep on the straight
wouldn't it be better to deal with incidents during the race? that way the results are more clear at the end of the event. Also imo 2 marshalls is a minimum, i like to have at least 3 and my events are only 4 hours added to the fact that theres not enough room for anymore. 2 is an ABSOLOUT minimum.

@the counterquestion, deadwolf meant that they are driving for a stint then marshalling in between.
yesterday some GTRs passed me in my lx6 very dangerously. i just want you to know, that the slower classes are having a race too and its not our responsibility to dodge the fast gtrs immediately.

overtake without contact pls, you have to know that the overtaking driver is responsible for the overtaking procedure and keep in mind that a little touch can send a lx6 off the track.

rules: "Slower cars dont have to leave their racing line, but have to provide enough space for the faster cars to overtake them. If there is no space, the faster car has to wait."

and never try to overtake in the oval entry!
Also realise that us GTR drivers are having a race too and when we have somone on our arse at 150 mph we aren't exactly looking out for an LX6 doing 0mph less than us, we're watching our mirrors.
Is there anyway that people can come and spec the race or will it be broadcasted ?.
Quote from 11SuLLy11 :Is there anyway that people can come and spec the race or will it be broadcasted ?.

It's gonna be broadcasted
Quote from BenjiMC :Also realise that us GTR drivers are having a race too and when we have somone on our arse at 150 mph we aren't exactly looking out for an LX6 doing 0mph less than us, we're watching our mirrors.

well i just posted a general rule of racing, which obviously some drivers aren't aware off.

and.....you can't tell me that you are looking into your mirror all the time.....99% of the time you are looking into the direction you are going......and that's the advantage the overtaking one has.
Quote from BenjiMC :Also realise that us GTR drivers are having a race too and when we have somone on our arse at 150 mph we aren't exactly looking out for an LX6 doing 0mph less than us, we're watching our mirrors.

That doesn't sound like a 24 hour lasting comment.
#75 - Jakg
Benji - it's 24 hours, one contatact will loose you a LOT more time than waiting for one of the many straight bits where your 500 hp can come in very useful

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG