The online racing simulator
Yes of course, i will correct it later. Thx.
for all allowed cars.

What u saw was the race part of the story. Team Aut is only competing in the GTRs.
#1 of the last change quali is starting in one hour...
same pass word as before?
yep
We will use 100kg for the FZR, and 50kg for the XRR, in both race and quali.
People decided to chose the cars with those handicaps, so its the best thing we can do.
the balancing has never changed, we use 0/50/100 for the whole event.
Quote : Race start:

The cars will be arranged on the grid, and then a lag lap is performed. After the restart, all cars follow the safety car for the lap, until it pits in
and the race admins start the race with the chat command.

single file? double file?

safety car speed?

race time start with safety car lap or chat command?
Rules are now updated with the details about the start.
Please everyone read them. Tomorrow (or this late evening), there will be an announcement about the start test sessions: We are going to test the start a few times this week (at the usal times like the quali), to be sure that everyone has understood the procedure. Of course the admins will have to test a bit more, to be sure they know all the details, and what to do if something goes wrong.

Some more info for later:
please check your signup for typing errors - the nicknames must be the exact lfsworld username, otherwise it wont work.
For the tracker, we will also need the Country and Real Names, but this will be announced tomorrow.
Quote :To solve this, the 3 servers start differently:
First, all cars are put into the grid, secondly, the safety car starts on server 1, with 78kmh (conatantly). When it has reached the first split time, server 2 starts driving, and when the safety car on server 2 has reached the first split time, server 3 starts.

Wow, granted we would be behind (server 3 racers) but 2 * sector 1 @ 78km/h... yikes... thats 80 seconds at qualifying pace, probably close to double that for sc pace... ~140 seconds... a full green flag lap behind at the start.
Yes, we tried to take into account the time you lose passing other cars aswell.
I hope its not too much though!
Thats why we are going to make the testing. Actually I didnt want to post all the rules about the start yet, but as you guys asked, I added them right away.
ORION, what's going on with LFS Tracker this year? Is it being used? Do I need to give someone info for our teams?
just two notes:

we don't shift+s anymore, you should update it to shift+p. (shift+s is spectate now, not pit)

regarding the server split up, does it mean that theoretically a server 3 GTR could be the overall winner?
yes a server 3 GTR could be the overall winner...if that GTR is just the fastest
Yes, any car can be the winner that drvies the most laps in 24 hours overall
Quote from DeadWolfBones :ORION, what's going on with LFS Tracker this year? Is it being used? Do I need to give someone info for our teams?

Haha, thanks.
Both of those start test races are before 5PM EST here in the states. Any chance you can schedule one on Friday at around Miodnight GMT?

EDIT: read the rules....simple rolling start...OK.... assuming there isn't any custom InSim apps running to facilitate the start, then we'll be ok.
Can you maybe ask some more of the American guys, and decide about a good date?
MAYBE we can find some admins that have free time left then, but I cant guarantee for that.

But as you say, I guess most of you know the procedure anyway, and the safety car drivers have the toughest job there
Quote from Clownpaint :Am I allowed to inquire as to what the "prices" are for this race.

PS. ORION - It's prizes, unless you plan on charging people for success.

Prize = Reward.
Price = A fee or cost for something.

lmao

LOTF racing is just racing for fun, utilizing 6 drivers, therefore not going for prizes. We do wish to drive competitively, and are curious what the prizes are.

Good luck to all.

24 hours INFO THREAD
(82 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG